Author Topic: Dump stat  (Read 3423 times)

Sylvanus

• Newcomer
Dump stat
« on: 08:12:00 - 03/10/11 »
New player here, and none of the guides seem to mention this:

How important is it later in the game which dump stat you pick?
As for example a summoner, with con and power as main stats, do people usually go with int or dex as their secondary stat? Is there a "usually" at all?
Would I have to look at the high level charms to figure out which ones I'd probably want to use-- and then pick my tertiary attribute based on that?
Seeing that none of the class threads seem to mention this, I figured it might just be pretty irrelevant which one you pick,
but I would appreciate some clarity on the issue :>

Zenetar

• Bunny Cultist
Re: Dump stat
« Reply #1 on: 08:53:33 - 03/10/11 »
it is VERY IMPORTANT what strat you pick as dump(4th) and what u pick as tertiary (3rd)
it will affect your strategy and decks once you are in Tier 3 and beyond.

for example, Summoners usually pick int as 3rd stat
http://progenitor-softworks.com/ew/index.php?title=Summon
Look here. Some high level summons require int, and only few of them require dex. And int requirement is pretty high comparing to dex. So it's an obvious option for Summoner to pick int.

Sylvanus

• Newcomer
« Reply #2 on: 09:04:57 - 03/10/11 »
oi... good that I asked in time. Thanks man! Is there a list on that anywhere for the other classes?
If it's that important I'm surprised the class guides mention none of it ._.

Zenetar

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #3 on: 09:09:26 - 03/10/11 »
if u are talking about charms, you can find them all here.
http://progenitor-softworks.com/ew/index.php?title=Main_Page

there's no list of preferable stat spreads for each class at forum, but u can ask your answers here.

Sylvanus

• Newcomer
« Reply #4 on: 09:45:16 - 03/10/11 »
Here goes, then. Currently I gots the following wanabes (plus the summoner):
Death Knight, Warden, Inquisitor.

I'm guessing Inquisitor picks int and Warden goes for power, no idea about the Death Knight though.

Osmiridium

• Adventurer
« Reply #5 on: 10:03:52 - 03/10/11 »
I found this topic quite helpful to give me some pointers when I was starting out. New charms are around since then though. By the way, there usually is a bit of discussion about dump stats in the class threads but it's often buried in the middle. You can use the "print page" view and use Ctrl-F to help find it.

Ideally, yes, you do want to look at the requirements for high level charms you'll want to use. If you're interested in PvP, you could see what higher level people are using in the coliseum to get an idea.

I'm not that knowledgeable about summoners so take my advice with a grain of salt, but I would consider getting dex to the mid 300s by the earlier 40s to open up a lot of good spirit charms, and then boosting int more.

Sylvanus

• Newcomer
« Reply #6 on: 10:35:38 - 03/10/11 »
thank you, that was most useful!