Author Topic: Fear of The Dark Help  (Read 38377 times)

Gothmogged

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
Re: Fear of The Dark Help
« Reply #45 on: 15:26:53 - 04/25/11 »
Hi all... Another [noob] question...

Wriggling Larva is a ultra rare drop or there is a condition to meet? :laugh:

The condition is -farm this dungeon for what seems like forever.

151 Gothmogged uses [Violette's Roses]
Gothmogged targets Root of Corruption
Root of Corruption takes 125 melee damage
Root of Corruption is defeated.
229  Gothmogged uses [Nature's Claw]
Thornscourge the Defiled takes 212 melee damage
Thornscourge the Defiled is defeated.

Ziotackus

• Adventurer
« Reply #46 on: 18:51:05 - 04/25/11 »
Hi all... Another [noob] question...

Wriggling Larva is a ultra rare drop or there is a condition to meet? :laugh:
Ultra rare

D'oh

Quazee

• Faithful
« Reply #47 on: 00:09:18 - 05/23/11 »
Is there any way to "correctly" execute F2 of the second version, below level 40 ? I'm experiencing a fairly abysmal success rate, not even 1/3.

Kadafan

• Adventurer
« Reply #48 on: 06:04:19 - 05/23/11 »
Is there any way to "correctly" execute F2 of the second version, below level 40 ? I'm experiencing a fairly abysmal success rate, not even 1/3.

you can try an aura deck. It's one of the first fights in which it actually works: http://www.estiah.com/character/combat/replay/id/34326553/owner/90602
Or you can get lucky with a focus on the leprechaun.

Quazee

• Faithful
« Reply #49 on: 18:55:38 - 05/24/11 »

you can try an aura deck. It's one of the first fights in which it actually works: http://www.estiah.com/character/combat/replay/id/34326553/owner/90602
Or you can get lucky with a focus on the leprechaun.

Already tried the second route, it seems too RNG-dependent. As for the aura-based one, I've also tried a deck that had ~80% of your charms (no SAE, no LI) and found out the hard way that it doesn't really work. Of course, squishing in SAE pushed the success rate well over 1/2. Thanks.

Argusvargus

• Newcomer
« Reply #50 on: 01:38:34 - 06/17/11 »
Similar issue with Mirada - I'm having problems finishing off Fear of the Dark F4. Trying to find the right balance between adding more summon extenders and being able to hit the succubus. Any feedback would be welcome:

The Tongue of Thallios x5
Trailblazer x5
Phoenix Offspring x5
Empathy x5
Ghyzochrome Enabler x2
Fertile Earth x3
Slash and Thrust x5
Earth Link x5
Glorious Earth Staff x5
Major Earth Blast x5
Challenger's Earthen Ring x1
Earth Blast x4
Deathknight's Crest x5
Deathknight Blade x5
Life Siphon x5

Sparky

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
  • ◄◄Wishmaster►►
    • RealmOfDreams
« Reply #51 on: 01:48:00 - 06/17/11 »
I'd drop the EAs (unless you really are desperate for extenders), drop the drain as it doesn't get full bonus from cpb. I'd add more extenders though (Star Gauntlets, more Ghyzos, etc...), add Ice Spikes, possibly Rockslide (guess you don't have it though), Baralas Legacy is like a triple hit too.
[15:57]   <Evangeline88>   nah, Slyguy is exceptional ... he can deal with everyone easily?

http://tinyurl.com/2b52xar

Mac OS X 10.9.3 / Firefox 30.0

Argusvargus

• Newcomer
« Reply #52 on: 19:56:06 - 06/17/11 »
Thanks, Sparky - I'll give tweak the gear a bit.

Haloeye

• Newcomer
  • I'm am stab master, STAB!
« Reply #53 on: 09:52:12 - 06/25/11 »
Totally going to come back to this thread, I have yet to even finish the first fight of this Dungeon yet, Couldn't figure out the straitgy so I went to do easier stuff, Now I can go back and loot it to hell.
-Lurk-

Thirdleg

• Adventurer
« Reply #54 on: 21:39:21 - 08/31/11 »
Hey guys sry if this has been asked but I couldn't find it. I'm lvl 42 dk and I'm stuck on last fight( trying to get bone insignias) the built in way to win seems to be willpower hits first guy for 100 and the second guy having no armor or ward hits the second guy for 200 a turn.

So my current gear is

veil of destruction x5
black sealing orb x5
acid cloud x5
devasate x5
luminous idea x5
sharkine scimitar x5
sharkine daggers x5

if I do dmg every turn first guy Gets a -2 to his spirit attack, I got like 6 turns from winning but that's still pretty far...
Someone plz help I've tried Many many MANY ideas with no luck

Bazabaza

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #55 on: 00:35:02 - 09/01/11 »
well, as you say, make sure you have enough willpower for the first guy to lose 100 life, and make sure that the second guy has no armor or ward so he loses 200 life. a good way of keeping the other guy's armor and ward down is using summons (nothing special, just a mix of melee/magic ones). summons make sure the first guy gets his spirit debuff and that the second guy has nothing to project, so they dont hurt that much. then just throw in a decent amount of willpower. also, use a full gear so you dont exhaust before they manage to kill themselves (might wanna avoid EAs too).

Thirdleg

• Adventurer
« Reply #56 on: 01:45:20 - 09/01/11 »
Hmmmm ok, just summoning I am prob weakest at... I will try it , but ne other way to win? I have pretty good charms for my lvl

Bazabaza

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #57 on: 02:16:38 - 09/01/11 »
sure there are other ways to win but I found summons the easiest. direct damage is not going to work since you get a lot of -ongoing, so that leaves indirect damage. auras could work but at lvl42 there arent enough good charms for it. I doubt banes would work since it says "If damage was dealt on target's last turn" and banes trigger on their turn, not yours (if I'm not misunderstanding the charm's description), or at least you'd need lots more WP to counter the spiriter. projection could probably work, if you have decent charms for it. and I guess armor/ward destruction like you posted could work too although you're not doing damage regularly enough to make the spiriter get his debuff at least most of the time. you can try any of these to see if they work for you, just run a long gear so you dont exhaust to soon and add more WP if you're not doing damage every turn (and spread the damage over melee and magic so that you keep down both his armor and his ward). I still say you'd probably do it easier with summons though, you can use pretty basic summons like summon imp, black fox, duelist sprite invocation, treant, yellow whelp, nymph, ghost drakeling, invoked bear claws, hound, etc. I've used these, + 10x shakine charms + 5x superior acuity elixir for a 100% win rate.

Thirdleg

• Adventurer
« Reply #58 on: 19:45:33 - 09/01/11 »
Yea the whole bane aura route failed, lol not even lvl 1 summoning... Better get training...

Lufos

• Newcomer
« Reply #59 on: 16:22:30 - 02/06/12 »
hey,

sorry to dig that topic out, but i have some troubles with F1 at lvl 38. i like finding a way to win a fight on my own, but this time everything just fails...

im a wizard/ not yet-summoner and have almost all summoner charms for my lvl, afaik. i tried multiple things including mass summons, banes, direct dmg and what not. the most promising deck i found was a mix of self cleanse, self stun(to trigger phantasms skill), ward and either direct dmg, summons or banes. in theory that would work, practically i run out of spirit and have too little dmg output, because of all the cleanse/stun/ward charms.

so my latest tactic constists of 3 parts:
1.keep the phantasm protecting and self normalizing with the help of sleeping/dozing potions.
2. self cleansing with pure water and pure elexir, aswell as warding up with prismatic charge and blood aegis
3. dealing dmg with either direct dmg, summons, or banes.

i figured, that summons dont work, because of the -4 to summons charm from the phantasm and that banes dont work, because of the self normalize.
it works best to self cleanse and use direct dmg charms but dmg output isnt high enough.

can anybody help me? i dont know what to try next.

Lufos