Author Topic: A new summon charm(mainly for countering BP)  (Read 26868 times)

Kandiru

• Faithful
Re: A new summon charm(mainly for countering BP)
« Reply #15 on: 12:03:02 - 07/26/10 »
Don't warden's and slayers already have one?

Gtxinsane

• Wanderer
  • The fork of truth!
« Reply #16 on: 12:20:45 - 07/26/10 »
Wardens have the awesome Ice Tomb, and Slayers have True Sight.

I have no idea why BP should be a problem though, remember, BP needs a shitload of turns to be effective, and needs a shitload of BP to be really effective [around 3-4], a summoner should have already extended his summons long enough to either gain a crapload of heal or gain a crapload of summons to be lethal to said CPBer. A summon deck's problem is spirit, and probably BURST CPB [hello mr.pyro], but CPB ongoing? I'd give them a 50-50.
Astroblade takes 899 magic damage(181 warded, 1 pierced)
Astroblade takes 1080 magic damageAstroblade takes 1080 magic damage

Zenetar

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #17 on: 15:01:39 - 07/26/10 »
BURST CPB? wtf is that?

Velkrin

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #18 on: 15:49:55 - 07/26/10 »
A Charisma based deck.
Velkrin uses [Ritual Mask]
Velkrin's next spirit attack is decreased by 1
Faceless Killer takes 14 spirit damage

Chaofan

• Wanderer
« Reply #19 on: 16:18:44 - 07/26/10 »
Blighted woodling + Decay can be a really good counter vs BP, and in fact i would conside that the best counter outside of purging.

See this:
http://www.estiah.com/character/combat/replay/id/25729050/owner/27821

Ok, the ending might not be great, but it's still a lvl 48 almost beating a lvl 51 top-rated player. Pay attention to turn 119 to see how that setup can be a good counter to BP.

Edit to add: Yes, that gear loses pretty much always vs spirit, but it does pretty good vs everything else, so i would consider it quite well balanced.
« Last Edit: 16:21:19 - 07/26/10 by Chaofan »

Sparky

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
  • ◄◄Wishmaster►►
    • RealmOfDreams
« Reply #20 on: 17:28:04 - 07/26/10 »
Wardens have the awesome Ice Tomb, and Slayers have Energy Bloom.
Fixed. Even though it doesn't cleanse, unlike Ice Tomb.
[15:57]   <Evangeline88>   nah, Slyguy is exceptional ... he can deal with everyone easily?

http://tinyurl.com/2b52xar

Mac OS X 10.9.3 / Firefox 30.0

Gtxinsane

• Wanderer
  • The fork of truth!
« Reply #21 on: 00:33:33 - 07/27/10 »
I meant Burst Zen. BURST.

Louie

• Wanderer
« Reply #22 on: 04:23:49 - 07/27/10 »
Blighted woodling + Decay can be a really good counter vs BP, and in fact i would conside that the best counter outside of purging.

See this:
http://www.estiah.com/character/combat/replay/id/25729050/owner/27821

Ok, the ending might not be great, but it's still a lvl 48 almost beating a lvl 51 top-rated player. Pay attention to turn 119 to see how that setup can be a good counter to BP.

Edit to add: Yes, that gear loses pretty much always vs spirit, but it does pretty good vs everything else, so i would consider it quite well balanced.

As I said Blighted woodling has its draw back and I don't think put Blighted woodling and Decay together in a summoner's desk is a good idea(charms with direct damage can't be used then;Decoy's effect is too dependent on the timing;Finally I still need to face sp users). My aim is not to beat BP users but tried to have a balanced summon gear to be survival in the coliseum(there are so many sp users out there). Why I mentioned Bp is the charm have the greatest impact on a summoner's gear and I didn't see much has been done to solve the problem(and now I think maybe nobody notice the situation). 

Louie

• Wanderer
« Reply #23 on: 04:44:48 - 07/27/10 »
Wardens have the awesome Ice Tomb, and Slayers have True Sight.

I have no idea why BP should be a problem though, remember, BP needs a shitload of turns to be effective, and needs a shitload of BP to be really effective [around 3-4], a summoner should have already extended his summons long enough to either gain a crapload of heal or gain a crapload of summons to be lethal to said CPBer. A summon deck's problem is spirit, and probably BURST CPB [hello mr.pyro], but CPB ongoing? I'd give them a 50-50.

When I know I will be playing with a BP CPBer, yes I don't think Summoner can't deal with that. But as you said, Summoner already has its natural enemy -- SP. Then it becomes a big problem and not to say how dreadful BP is when in the hands of Zerkers(EA addicts) and Warloads.   

Gtxinsane

• Wanderer
  • The fork of truth!
« Reply #24 on: 00:59:16 - 07/28/10 »
So you don't have any problems with Pyros bursting your ass? Imba Magic Banes? Random short decks? Projection? All of which have a much higher damage buildup than BP and also usually counters it as well? I'd find those a bigger problem to deal with because than BP.I think the only reason why people smash BP so much is because they are used to smashing BP so much, but in reality, there have been already a lot of viable strategies that work against it that work against other strategies as well.

Kaervaak

• Adventurer
« Reply #25 on: 01:13:14 - 07/28/10 »
Just give summoners a curse of flesh analog and call it a day.

Ex:
Arcane Homunculus:
summon: 1 melee for each ongoing melee damage modifier on target and 1 magic for each ongoing magic damage modifier during 6 turns

Louie

• Wanderer
« Reply #26 on: 04:02:58 - 07/28/10 »
Just give summoners a curse of flesh analog and call it a day.

Ex:
Arcane Homunculus:
summon: 1 melee for each ongoing melee damage modifier on target and 1 magic for each ongoing magic damage modifier during 6 turns

XD Then it will be as if give Summoners infinite curse of flesh to be used.

Lokey

• Wanderer
« Reply #27 on: 19:47:04 - 07/30/10 »
Uh Louie, before you ask for MOAR SUMMON BUFFS to counter BP...

http://www.estiah.com/character/combat/replay/id/26178130/owner/19846

I'd recommend you stop mixing summons with auras. (Until you get star gauntlets anyway.) Kthxbai.

Louie

• Wanderer
« Reply #28 on: 00:25:32 - 07/31/10 »
Uh Louie, before you ask for MOAR SUMMON BUFFS to counter BP...

http://www.estiah.com/character/combat/replay/id/26178130/owner/19846

I'd recommend you stop mixing summons with auras. (Until you get star gauntlets anyway.) Kthxbai.

First, I should say this replay is about bad luck and EAs under BP. Second, there's a reason I put very few auras in my deck --- 5xCrystal of the Dawn. Why I used it it's because not only I have rocket elemental, Fury of the elements(Mostly for sp) and Summoner's mark(which is exactly 30ward). As I tested many times with main rivals in colis, this deck is more balanced and had a even win possibility to most decks. I know the add of the few aura charms may cause some unstability but it's sth I can afford. I don't know if you have used the same gear to attack a single inq, but if you doubt this deck I think you can check replays in colis. The reason I ask for more summon buffs to counter BP is simple --- We(and maybe the Hierarchs) got hurt the most by it's existence, and still I see people trying balance it by putting some new direct damage charms related with opponent's cpb. I also find the EAs' effect in BP deck is underestimate(here is more about zerkers), but still why I asked because I don't know what Summoners have done wrong to let Bp appears in new patchs and still nobody thinks Summoner is suffering from that. Same applies to Hierarchs but maybe they are used to it but I'm not!       

Louie

• Wanderer
« Reply #29 on: 00:37:09 - 07/31/10 »
Btw,why add Crystal of the Dawn is because Summoners don't have enough strong summons in lv44. Zerkers and Warloads with Bp can easily break me in a late game so I have to increase some burst power in the deck. In lv45, I think things would change a little bit and one of the reasons is the star gauntlets you mentioned.

And I used the same gear attacked you, you may know what I meant by bad luck. http://www.estiah.com/character/combat/replay/id/26187759/owner/50316
« Last Edit: 00:41:50 - 07/31/10 by Louie »