Author Topic: A new summon charm(mainly for countering BP)  (Read 27145 times)

Louie

• Wanderer
A new summon charm(mainly for countering BP)
« on: 13:39:20 - 07/24/10 »
    First of all, please allow me to repeat the ever-lasting complaints about the invention of Blood Pact. But still I need to emphasis here that the biggest victims of Bp are Summoners(and maybe aura users but at least some of them are wardens/slayers). As summoners are slow in dealing damage, they are in a more disadvantage condition than magic users to counter BP. To make things look even worse, Summoners already have their natural enemies -- Spers for exactly the same reason. So with the existence of BP, Summoners have less room to adjust for countering Spers and more difficulty to find the balance to deal with melees and Spers. That's why I make the suggestion for a new charm: 

Summon: [For each damage modifier on Target]
1 armor(cumul) or ward(cumul) during 4 turns

Requirements: 
Lv45
470 Pow
470 Con
Summon(R3)

Rune: Summon/Tech

The short duration is supposed to make it difficult to be extended(but still extendable) and the effect of the charm is largely depended on both the type of your opponents and the timing you play the charm. The charm is aimed to give more choices for Summoners to balance their pvp gears. Other classes can still use the charm but probably less effective than summoners.

Sparky

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
  • ◄◄Wishmaster►►
    • RealmOfDreams
Re: A new summon charm(mainly for countering BP)
« Reply #1 on: 14:42:51 - 07/24/10 »
Blighted Woodling can own Blood Pact pretty well already.
[15:57]   <Evangeline88>   nah, Slyguy is exceptional ... he can deal with everyone easily?

http://tinyurl.com/2b52xar

Mac OS X 10.9.3 / Firefox 30.0

Zenetar

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #2 on: 14:45:48 - 07/24/10 »
Summoners can use BP too instead of countering it.  ;D

Louie

• Wanderer
« Reply #3 on: 15:02:35 - 07/24/10 »
Blighted Woodling can own Blood Pact pretty well already.

I tried it but even with 2 extended Blighted Woodling I still can't stop a lv44 Warload from cumulating dreadful cpb. Same applies to zerkers with EAs. Not to say myself also suffer the ongoing loss which makes my Fury of the Elements quite useless. (Using Blighted Woodling means you need to sacrifice a lot of good charms. )     

Gabbin

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #4 on: 16:54:38 - 07/24/10 »
To be fair, you probably shouldnt be able to stop a warlord from culminating cpb. 
Everythings easier in pseudocode!

Schutzengel

• Magic
  • High Mediator
  • Bunny Cultist
  • Tired of burning.
« Reply #5 on: 17:17:03 - 07/24/10 »
Soul Wright + Chimera Ghost + Granite
[20:01]   <wl>   that happens if you let schutz design a dungeon! only charms for himself :P

Velkrin

• Bunny Cultist
Velkrin uses [Ritual Mask]
Velkrin's next spirit attack is decreased by 1
Faceless Killer takes 14 spirit damage

Sparky

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
  • ◄◄Wishmaster►►
    • RealmOfDreams
[15:57]   <Evangeline88>   nah, Slyguy is exceptional ... he can deal with everyone easily?

http://tinyurl.com/2b52xar

Mac OS X 10.9.3 / Firefox 30.0

Louie

• Wanderer
« Reply #8 on: 23:11:49 - 07/24/10 »
To be fair, you probably shouldnt be able to stop a warlord from culminating cpb. 

Yeah, but in the same time, I sacrifice my ongoing and also the summon also causes no damage. I should say it's very lucky for me to have two Blighted Woodling extended and still the Warload increase cpb like it never exists.

Gtxinsane

• Wanderer
  • The fork of truth!
« Reply #9 on: 01:03:59 - 07/26/10 »
Try using Feetbinds, Magebanes, and Decays with your Blighted Woodlings. Or use blightwood blade.:P
Astroblade takes 899 magic damage(181 warded, 1 pierced)
Astroblade takes 1080 magic damageAstroblade takes 1080 magic damage

Shroud

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #10 on: 06:21:49 - 07/26/10 »
Guys, he's trying this as a summoner, summoning... though I don't think there's a really good fix for this in all honesty...

I like the charm concept though; can't say if it's gonna be OP though... limiting it to ongoing CPB may make it more balanced...
nor am I sure you can put in a conditional within a conditional... :)
Sneaking Around...

Velkrin

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #11 on: 08:40:47 - 07/26/10 »
Guys, he's trying this as a summoner, summoning...

Which is why we keep providing him with alternative solutions.  Just because he wants to go pure summon doesn't make it a good idea.

Anyway, you could just make a Poison Ignighter summon charm.

Summon:
Either For each bane on target: 10 melee, 10 magic or -1 to target's banes during 4 turns.

Something like that.
Velkrin uses [Ritual Mask]
Velkrin's next spirit attack is decreased by 1
Faceless Killer takes 14 spirit damage

Passionario

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #12 on: 09:15:23 - 07/26/10 »
[For each Scissors sharpness modifier on the target]
+1% chance to win
Runes: Paper/Tech
Rocks, on other hand, are fine.
This world is a mess, and I just need to rule it.

Louie

• Wanderer
« Reply #13 on: 10:06:31 - 07/26/10 »
Guys, he's trying this as a summoner, summoning...

Which is why we keep providing him with alternative solutions.  Just because he wants to go pure summon doesn't make it a good idea.

Anyway, you could just make a Poison Ignighter summon charm.

Summon:
Either For each bane on target: 10 melee, 10 magic or -1 to target's banes during 4 turns.

Something like that.

Then why should summoner exists as a class. I know if I use BP gear in lv43 or lv44's coli, I'll probably be able to get more wins than using a summon gear. But then I'll put myself in a disadvantage place by doing so --- I don't have any Class charm to support me like zerkers or warloads. When you are in the mid way to level 51 with all characters 500+, you can take all the styles you like because it's no longer about class but character. But as a lv44 summoner, there's not many ways I can choose. I dump dex so SP is not a good idea then, I also won't take Boiling Blood short gear because it's brainless and always benefits SPers.
By the way, my gear is not a pure summon gear and I tried all means to make it balanced. So it is not that I determined to use a summon based gear but I had to. Though I admit I choose Summoner because I like the class style and I do want to keep it. Hope the Bunny God has the same thought.

P.S.:    To be honest, even 4 turns(too hard to extend) might not be enough for that charm to be useful as it only applies to cpb opponent.   

Zenetar

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #14 on: 10:58:56 - 07/26/10 »
Warden, Slayers, Hierarchs - all of them don't exist in lvls 43-44

You wanna give all of them a special charm to counter BP?