Author Topic: Wondering "What should I do?" - Well, what do you want to do?  (Read 1476 times)

Broodax

• Faithful
Take a look at this list, read down until you see what you want to do in the game to have fun, then do all the things below it in order to get good at it (inspired by a recent question here).  If you don't want to do something, then you probably don't need to worry about the things above it, e.g. you don't need to craft a lot of charms to beat dungeons regularly, but you may need to do it a little bit here and there.  On the other hand, you need to do dungeons if you want to craft.

This is simplified just to be geared to new players.  Obviously you can't just follow this sequentially, but I think it's a great starting point for those that ask, "I'm new, should I be doing dungeons every day?".  The answer is, "If you want to get good at PvP, you have to.  If you want to do it for fun, then of course you should do it, and if you don't care about dungeons or PvP, why are you playing?"

1a- I want to win at Coliseums and High-ranked PvP.
1b- I want to help my Guild win tons of battles and sieges.
2- I want to find all the hidden events and craft awesome charms from them.
3- I want to craft all of those expensive charms I see in shops everywhere.
4- I want to beat all of the hardest dungeons in the game, get awesome charms from them, and gather materials for fun and profit.
5- I want to beat up on much lower ranked players and get PvP gems.
6- I want to click the same button over and over again to gather because I am a masochist and/or I know that the HP I get and materials will help me do other things.
7- I want to waste my time in the arena. (This is only a waste if you're not doing it with a bigger goal in mind - you'll most likely want to arena eventually just to grind some skills up)
8- I want to mooch off of my guild.
9- I just log in and work my job.  Go Progress!  (Jobs are only for getting the stats and skills you need to do what you really want to do, they're not any good on their own)

Corallary: I want to get rich: You can do this no matter what else you do.  Without trying, you'll feel poor but always have just enough to get by.  If you try hard, then you'll have a ton of money but it won't actually help you beat dungeons or win at PvP.

NOTE: Does not apply to pyros: lawlfireaoeisfree.