Author Topic: Using Soul Dust?  (Read 2999 times)

Graven

• Newcomer
Using Soul Dust?
« on: 22:23:34 - 02/12/10 »
Okay, so I did some digging in the forums already and didn't find this, but I'm sure it's a duplicate topic to something somewhere, so apologies in advance.

I've managed to win a few PvP encounters and have some soul dust as a result.  However, now that I'm back in the safe town (as I'm given to understand, one of the few places where PvP charms can be created) and have found the shop that will convert 6 soul dust into a fragment for me, I can't seem to make it actually craft.  It says there's a 20g fee, and I have the gold to cover that cost, but there's no [Craft] button.

What am I missing here?

Thanks,

Grave

Kosiciel

• Bunny Cultist
  • DoT Guild officer
Re: Using Soul Dust?
« Reply #1 on: 22:50:04 - 02/12/10 »
You need 8.

Graven

• Newcomer
« Reply #2 on: 23:52:25 - 02/12/10 »
That would explain it :)

Bazabaza

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #3 on: 01:07:33 - 02/13/10 »
You need 8.
umm, yeah, except that wont do him any good, only waste soul dust and money. he's lvl4 afterall, and asking about crafting charms.

so, the problem seems to be that you're in the wrong shop. scroll further down if you cant see the correct shop yet. there are 9 total - the first one lets you improve the "quality" and change the color of your soul gems, the second one lets you downgrade them, the rest of them are actual crafting shops where you can use them to craft charms, each of them has a number next to it that indicates what lvl charms you can craft in it. you want the first one, called "Dust Trader [lv7]".
crafting charms in these shops doesnt cost any gold. only changing the quality and color of the gems in the first 2 shops costs some money.

to explain a bit about the quality/color. there are 5 different types of soul gems:
- soul dust: you get it by defeating players of lvl1-9. used to craft charms for lvl7.
- soul fragment: you get it by defeating players of lvl10-19. used to craft charms for lvl12 and lvl17.
- soul shard: you get it by defeating players of lvl20-29. used to craft charms for lvl22 and lvl27.
- soul gem: you get it by defeating players of lvl30-39. used to craft charms for lvl32.
- soul crystal: you get it by defeating players above lvl40. used to craft charms for lvl40.

color: in general, green comes from the classes that have dex as primary stat, blue from those that have int as primary stat, red from those that have pow as primary stat, brown from those that have con as primary stat. also check this topic:
http://forum.estiah.com/index.php?topic=1777.0
and this (both stats are considered for T3 classes):
http://forum.estiah.com/index.php?topic=3231.0
white ones come from adventurers, and from anyone defeated during gathering.

you can gain all kinds of them naturally from defeating the appropriate players (at appropriate levels, which is equal or higher than you. the chances of getting a soul gem is getting lower with each lvl they are lower than you, and reach zero at 3 lvls lower). however, adventurers are rare above lvl25, so most of your white gems will probably come from dissolving the colored ones. depending on which ones you have and what you want to craft, you can upgrade/downgrade/dissolve the ones you dont need to get the ones you need.
so dont waste your gold and dusts on fragments yet. right now you need the dusts, and the charms crafted from them. by the time you will need fragments, you'll surely get some from fighting. if not, you can still upgrade your dusts (although it's a waste, to spend 8 of them for just 1 fragment.....)

Sparky

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
  • ◄◄Wishmaster►►
    • RealmOfDreams
« Reply #4 on: 03:55:08 - 02/13/10 »
You need 8.
however, adventurers are rare above lvl25, so most of your white gems will probably come from PvP encounters during gathering
fixed

Also in the future you'll more likely get to beat player of the higher tier and downgrade their souls (like gems to fragments) to get more within less aps, rather than the contrary.
[15:57]   <Evangeline88>   nah, Slyguy is exceptional ... he can deal with everyone easily?

http://tinyurl.com/2b52xar

Mac OS X 10.9.3 / Firefox 30.0

Bazabaza

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #5 on: 08:10:21 - 02/13/10 »
depends on how much AP you wanna spend on gathering really (and how many charms you wanna craft). if you do it in average amounts, you dont get enough white gems from it, especially if you dont win all the fights.

Graven

• Newcomer
« Reply #6 on: 07:48:03 - 02/14/10 »
Thanks for all the asistance, guys. I appreciate it.