Author Topic: Class choices  (Read 4825 times)

Czah

• Adventurer
Class choices
« on: 18:17:04 - 12/30/09 »
So on my main I was going to go Fighter, wizard, pyro...but decide against that as many say Pyro is boring...and be a scout etc etc...and my alt was going to be Inq...so i've decide on my MAIN I'm going to go Scout, Shaman, Inquisitor.

Now the question is what to do w/my ALT now.  I'm debating a few classes.
Pyro of course, but I might shy away from that.
Leaning towards Assassin.
Slayer looks cool, as well as summoner(might be too close to inq to choose it as my alt)
Currently I'm leaning towards: Novice -> Monk -> Assassin.

Any thoughts?

Wolfsoul

• The Pic Maniac
  • Animator
  • Bunny Cultist
  • in ur forumz, trollin yer topixz
Re: Class choices
« Reply #1 on: 18:55:49 - 12/30/09 »
monks suck, you are bad ass-ass-in if you are not rogue. painful truth. bear with it
YGBSM
[20:31]   <Schutz|Work>   Lez trolls much better than wolfz! :p
We make server cry with Tears of Blood

Czah

• Adventurer
« Reply #2 on: 19:36:11 - 12/30/09 »
ya i kind of figured that, but are assassins good?  I don't want to be the same t1/t2 classes as my main.  What about like novice-sage-slayer?

Varander

• Faithful
« Reply #3 on: 20:44:50 - 12/30/09 »
Slayer suck. Well... mostly. Compared to assassins anyway.
This from someone who has a Slayer alt. Feels like you have to try twice as hard to be half as good as the easymode classes. :-\

Czah

• Adventurer
« Reply #4 on: 21:29:16 - 12/30/09 »
I don't wanna play a really crappy class, nor do I want to play a really OP class.  I've heard scout is the main way to go T1...but I wanna try another route w/my alt to see how it's different.  So is there a breakdown of the classes somewhere.  Not what they do, but how good/fun they are etc.. ?

Schutzengel

• Magic
  • High Mediator
  • Bunny Cultist
  • Tired of burning.
« Reply #5 on: 21:54:27 - 12/30/09 »
Slayer doesn't suck. Slayer is cool and should be played with more experience than other classes. I like his class charms.

For T1/T2

Fighter is about playing with no class charms, but you have Fire; Shadow; Earth; Axe; Sword; and Fist. Very strong runes.
No Fighter Exit will find problem brute forcing most of dungeons until T3.

Scout has overpowered class charms, banesbanesbanes and EA. Main Dex doesn't give you good option in runes.
Rogue is a Scout with upgrade, stronger than it.
Shaman plays well, you have ward destruction (lulz) and banes, also Group Ward (which you will mostly no use).

Most people says that Novice sucks. I don't think so, their damage output is the same of the scout, but you stack the damage on you instead of applying a bane (the last can do more damage if target uses EA, very common, though when I was leveling Heilig I see just a few people running it on T1). The actually issue on Novice is its exits.
Sage plays magic and try some kind of Projection, since other classes will brute force your ward, it is hard to use projection at T2.
Monks are meh, bad class charms compared to the other classes, Armor gain through time, Group armor and a better boosting than the novice? You don't want that.

Recruit isn't bad, with class charms it stands better than a scout on 1v1, their DPS will be higher due the cumulative protection.
Guards have the awesome buffs and a projection based concept, plays with Heavy Weapons.
Cleric buff buff buff magic and debuff melee with all his attacks, also a magic attack with good ward cumul. I have much fun playing with my current cleric, going to Warden.

Slayer looks fun to play, you will have Purge and Normalize, awesome charms really. I didn't find a Slayer on coliseum with Schutz tho.
Warden looks as fun as Slayer.
Imo the classes that have two open strategies are 'fun' classes. Try to play with the less played classes in Estiah. They can be harder to manage and funnier.
[20:01]   <wl>   that happens if you let schutz design a dungeon! only charms for himself :P

Czah

• Adventurer
« Reply #6 on: 22:19:21 - 12/30/09 »
Well it sounds like whether I want Slayer or Assassin for my ALT, i need to be a scout as my T1 class.

But if i choose slayer, i will be scout-shaman on both my chars..i don't want that.

Maybe I'll just switch and go Pyro?

Why no class charms as fighter?
« Last Edit: 22:23:03 - 12/30/09 by Czah »

Slalderma

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
  • the Troubadour Warrior
« Reply #7 on: 22:25:42 - 12/30/09 »
So is there a breakdown of the classes somewhere.  Not what they do, but how good/fun they are etc.. ?

No - you just have to ask around.  A lot of what you're after depends on how you define fun - some people like being a Pyro and nuking everything to kingdom come.  Some don't.

What is it that you think you want to do Czah?  You might consider watching some of the lvl50 coliseums to see what people are doing up there and see if any of it seems fun to you.
slalderma / slickal / rebelscum / sukelywalker / badmotivator
berzerker / pyro / hierarch / deathknight / warden
Slyguy: Shortdeck is the answer to everything.

Schutzengel

• Magic
  • High Mediator
  • Bunny Cultist
  • Tired of burning.
« Reply #8 on: 22:27:50 - 12/30/09 »
Why no class charms as fighter?
Cause they destroy Armor/Ward and give you some focus.
You don't want to do a high destruction and no damage.
They are useful just in WoL.
[20:01]   <wl>   that happens if you let schutz design a dungeon! only charms for himself :P

Alastair

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #9 on: 08:51:41 - 12/31/09 »
Assassins can be fun, they just require... creativity.

Twinblades suck.  As in, no assassin worth his salt in PVP uses Twinblades. But if you tweak your stats and run swords/axes/maces instead of Twinblades (which requires pretty much breaking your stats-- my Assassin is, in a level or two, going to have Int as his DUMP stat) you can be powerful as hell.  The class charms are very, very good.

It's just, if they rely on Twinblades, their DPT is going to really, really, really suck.
"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful what we pretend to be." - Kurt Vonnegut.

I'm a bastard sometimes, don't think I don't see that- Sage Francis

Czah

• Adventurer
« Reply #10 on: 16:27:00 - 12/31/09 »
Well I don't like playing just a buncha nuke cards, but I do lke playing some +magic dmg cards, then nuking for crazy dmg.  I really like DOTs and Summons, but my main is going to be INQ, so that's covered.  I would consider my ALT going summoner, but again, wouldn't that be too closeley related to INQ?  Summons and DOTS are just the same thing backwards right?  Although there appears to be some creative summons you can use..  I'm not really sure the focus of a DK?  Spirit attacks?  Life leech?  I don't want to have to mess w/my stats to be good, so if assassin is only good if you severely mess ur stats around, then i dunno.

Originally I choose to go Pyro on my main, for huge burst dmg.  And DK on alt, as I thought they had charms such as "do x ammount of dmg, and receive +life equal to dmg".  That would be fun.  Then I came under the assumption DKs don't really do that...and i wanted to go DOTs...so my alt was going to be INQ.  Then I was told scout is the way to go, specially for your first main char..and pyros are boring, don't be a pyro,  as all they can do is fire fire fire...So i decide to go inq on main(scout tree), and something else on ALT(preferably not scout tree).  And if you don't even use the charms you get from Fighter class, and Novice isn't very good...then that leaves me w/Recruit? heh...

I think I'm making this decision too hard.

Broodax

• Faithful
« Reply #11 on: 16:29:49 - 12/31/09 »
Summoners and Inquisitors both have a method of doing damage over time... but they're really very very different (especially if your Inquisitor dumps Con).  Not only do summons and banes behave very differently and lend themselves to different strategies, the stat requirements of those 2 classes will lend themselves to the 2 characters using very different non-class charms as well.  At the same time, a summoner can put together a very nice spirit gear themselves if you *did* want to team the two up. 

Schutzengel

• Magic
  • High Mediator
  • Bunny Cultist
  • Tired of burning.
« Reply #12 on: 16:43:00 - 12/31/09 »
As Broodax said Summoners are very different from Inquisitors.

And when people says "Don't go novice cause it sucks", don't believe in them┬╣.
Most people says that Cleric is the hardestr trial you can go and it sucks a lot on 1v1. Really, its 1v1 isn't the best but at the moment (35) I can beat most classes with my Magic deck (Wizards included) and I am great at 3v3 (as Cleric is supposed to be).
I have shitloadz of fun playing as Cleric. Don't go Fire Fire pew pew pew in the dungeons, make me think a little and go use Blind Ray in Narkel's Boss entertain me much more.

I strong suggest you go to play a class less played, like Slayers, Warden, Hierarch (much people have a Hierarch as main with the recently beasting they are doing)... Imo they can be funnier to play, and you can try to make a difference playing as them.
I don't agree for first character you should go Scout, why? Cause it is easier? Why people need to go to the easier path as first run? I don't agree with it. I went Wiz>Pyro with my first character and I was happy with my choice (though I don't like Pyro now), was easy, yes it was. Fighter exits don't find many problems in Estiah. But being a Cleric is not as painful as people used to say. It isn't hard, you just need to think a little more and farm different charms to use. It is easier as the other classes can be.

┬╣Believe that Pyro is boring, cause it isn't T1/2 is T3, different thing.

Czah

• Adventurer
« Reply #13 on: 18:43:52 - 12/31/09 »
Hmm, then maybe i'll try out recruit-cleric-summoner for my alt?  From what it appears, shaman/cleric is a decent combo in 2v2 eh?  I suppose anything is decent if you use the right charms...but generally speaking.

Also if I go that route...all 3 of those classes main stat is CON.
earth/summon is con/pow
So my secondary stat would be POW
(You guys mentioned a "dump" stat, i wasn't sure what that means, as the stat you ignore, or your 3rd lesser stat)

My third stat would of course be between dex and int, and would depend on what?

On the same note...
Scout -> Shaman -> Inquisitor
Primary Skill: DEX
Secondary: POW
Last: INT
is that viable?  i did not choose my third stat for any other reason then i like fist/lightning better then spear/earth.
« Last Edit: 18:51:14 - 12/31/09 by Czah »

Schutzengel

• Magic
  • High Mediator
  • Bunny Cultist
  • Tired of burning.
« Reply #14 on: 18:51:12 - 12/31/09 »
Hmm, then maybe i'll try out recruit-cleric-summoner for my alt?  From what it appears, shaman/cleric is a decent combo in 2v2 eh?  I suppose anything is decent if you use the right charms...but generally speaking.
Recruit > Cleric > Summoner semms very good.
And Cleric can be combined with any magic (though sage wouldn't be that good since it needs projection).
I run with a Wizard in 2v2 and a Wizard and a Shaman in 3v3. Won like 50% of the last 10 Coli on 3v3.

edit_
Dump is the last stat.
To Inqui I think Int dump is cool, with Con you can use some summons, and Frost.

For summoner you should dump Dex since cool Summons comes from Int.
« Last Edit: 18:52:57 - 12/31/09 by Schutzengel »