Author Topic: [Shelter of Silence] - "Last Blood Counts Most"  (Read 63221 times)

Zenetar

• Bunny Cultist
Re: [Shelter of Silence] - "Last Blood Counts Most"
« Reply #90 on: 06:46:31 - 12/08/10 »
lvl1-20: master every skill possible, don't do any jobs
lvl 20-30:use scout class charms, master skills, don't do any jobs
lvl 30-40:use rogue class charms, master skills, do dex-int jobs. (like +4 dex, +2 int or smth like that)
?????
PROFIT!
« Last Edit: 06:50:49 - 12/08/10 by Zenetar »

Blacksol

• Faithful
« Reply #91 on: 12:23:12 - 12/08/10 »
lvl1-20: master every skill possible, don't do any jobs
lvl 20-30:use scout class charms, master skills, don't do any jobs
lvl 30-40:use rogue class charms, master skills, do dex-int jobs. (like +4 dex, +2 int or smth like that)
?????
PROFIT!

The master every skill dont do jobs bit  pretty much goes for every build!! Except if you want to pick T1 and T2 classes right at L20 and L30 you'll likely need to do some dex/int jobs in late teens and late 20s to make it

Alastair

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #92 on: 08:34:00 - 12/09/10 »
Hi,  :) i'm relatively new to this game  ???, lvl 11 on my way to becoming a scout. since i've started i've had my eye on assassin and DK. i'm not sure which one to pick, though i'm leaning towards asssassins (hence my posting here) and i was wondering if an experienced assassin could maybe PM me or post here a general run down of an assassin. i.e.

Lvl 1-20 what stats to focus on, what jobs etc
lvl 20-30 same thing, what stats and weapons i should use
etc etc
i'm rather confused about which stats i should level, coz i don't wanna mess up my character. i'd like to create a successfull assassin, with a viable strategy and good stats.

L1-20: Level primarily early on with skills, supplementing a few jobs to fix stats for charms that look promising (Brutal and Diapason Axe are VERY handy at level, for instance). Farm Hitpoints out the wazoo.

l20-30: You have a class!  Unlike other classes, you're in a good position, because: run a deck primarily consisting of class charms (either magic or melee) and you win!  The "Fight" button should be repurposed for Scouts to "Win," because that's what they do. You might want to up your Power over your Int at this point--  this gives you access to Black Heart and Overheat, which are very handy in a magic deck. Early 20s (after you get Blue Dragon Bone), Magic is king. At 28, when Night Cloak opens up, Melee becomes alot better.  Minor in Spirit decks, since you can run'em good with that Dex/Pow distribution.

Con can be left low, since the way the metagame is at present (who knows what it'll be later ;)) Dex/Pow is much stronger than Con/Int.

l30-40: You have a new class again!  And, once more, your class rocks.  Run melee scout banes + rogue banes.  Watch the train be run on your opponents. Luckily, you're first in line, so no sloppy seconds!  Late 30s you'll want to up your int more, get that above your power.  On average, you can start fixing your stats to meet your tier requirements at around x7 level.  Melee wise you probably want to be running Fists and Swords primarily. Maybe a twin blade or two, but overall they're sub par at this level.

Get Strike ASAP, and run it ASAP. For groups, that is an awesome charm.  Also awesome are the Scabbards (Ice; Flame).  For double your pleasure, double your fun team up with a Rogue in 2s and a Rogue and a Guard in 3s. CHOO CHOOO. RAPE TRAIN.

l40: haha, you're used to winning, aren't you? Poor bastard, time to lose for a bit. Zerkers and Pyros are going to rape your face horribly, so now you get to feel what everyone else felt :P  Dex Power is still good, but don't forget the Int: not because you want to run the low 40s Twin Blades (What, are you silly?), but because you don't want to have to do alot of fixing later to run the mid/late 40s Twin Blades (they're finally sexy!).   Experiment a bit.

Throughout all of this: farm up HP (Extreme Gatherings, Exploration, Cheat Death, etc, etc, etc) so that you're not overtwinked by people who farm up everything and it's mother; farm up combat skills.  By your late 20s and late 30s, if you have the HPs, you should be able to use mediocre damage decks of sub level charms ( l22 pvp charms at l25+, l27 pvp charms at 30+, etc)  to beat up on scrubs in PVP to farm up both soul bits and combat skills.

Alternatively, you can go a Con third stat, with a power dump, but that'll hurt you later in T3 (Strength In Numbers == Awsum For Melee Groups, Celestial Sword == Awsum too).  I've seen a few con-tert Assassins do decent, but most of the highest rated Assassins are con dump-- Shroud, me, I THINK Ariel is, as well as Ornwhateverlth.  Yemonster is one of the few high con Assassins I know of.
"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful what we pretend to be." - Kurt Vonnegut.

I'm a bastard sometimes, don't think I don't see that- Sage Francis

Lycansaviour

• Newcomer
« Reply #93 on: 03:02:54 - 12/10/10 »
thax for everything i think i have an idea what to do now. only thing is every one says don't work jobs till higher lvls, but i've already worked heaps  :( i'm only lvl 12 tho, its not too late is it?

Sparky

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
  • ◄◄Wishmaster►►
    • RealmOfDreams
« Reply #94 on: 03:07:20 - 12/10/10 »
thax for everything i think i have an idea what to do now. only thing is every one says don't work jobs till higher lvls, but i've already worked heaps  :( i'm only lvl 12 tho, its not too late is it?

It's never too late, don't worry, just try to refrain from working (pro-tip: use your daily "job" to move between cities and farm more dungeons/craft more charms ;) ) and take your time.
[15:57]   <Evangeline88>   nah, Slyguy is exceptional ... he can deal with everyone easily?

http://tinyurl.com/2b52xar

Mac OS X 10.9.3 / Firefox 30.0

Lokey

• Wanderer
« Reply #95 on: 23:34:33 - 12/19/10 »
New Assassin Charms:

Widowmaker(Target enemy with lowest HP)
21 Melee (45% P)
+1 to target's banes
4 magic (60% P) during 7 turns. If HP is under 14%, consume effect to deal 46 magic (60% P) to all allies.

Requires Level 48
Twin Blades (R5)

--- Rip off of the Iniquisitors, although not bad. It's like a bane/delayed deflagaration...without the reduce life

Relentless Predator
Destroy 18 armor
36 Melee (45% P)
Focus: 1 on enemy with lowest HP during 5 turns. If target's HP is below 30%, consume effect and gain 1 extra action

Requires Level 48
Quickness (R3).

---Aura form of Assassinate, no synergy with the new WDCs...but then again, most assassins don't use Auras anyway :P

Vader

• Newcomer
« Reply #96 on: 17:26:06 - 02/18/11 »
I will soon reach level 40 with stats to choose between assassin and deathknight.Can someone tell me why and in which way assassins are better?

Zenetar

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #97 on: 19:09:58 - 02/18/11 »
I will soon reach level 40 with stats to choose between assassin and deathknight.Can someone tell me why and in which way assassins are better?
Deathknights own, assassins suck. [/thread]

Srsly, Assassins are more support-oriented for 2v2/3v3 melee parties because of Focus charms (Asassinate epecially, and highlvl twinblades)
Deathknights are decent in melee, but their main strategy in 2v/3v is spirit.

if you'r considering PvP/Coliseum route, Deathknights are way more stable than assassins. Though Assassins may have their own unique stuff around l50.

Sparky

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
  • ◄◄Wishmaster►►
    • RealmOfDreams
« Reply #98 on: 19:19:11 - 02/18/11 »
If you want to just win without having to think much nor needing to farm a lot of charms and do funny things, DK is better yeah.
Now if you don't mind taking up on challenges and are ready to craft quite more than a spirit DK would need, if you want to do some more funny stuff and all, I'd say Assassins are way cooler for a gaming experience.

But seeing as you want to know how a class is "better than another", I guess you quite don't get it --> go DK if you want to survive.
[15:57]   <Evangeline88>   nah, Slyguy is exceptional ... he can deal with everyone easily?

Vader

• Newcomer
« Reply #99 on: 19:50:28 - 02/18/11 »
Thanks guys...I'll go Assassin way I guess.Support for melee 3v3 in coli and the charms seem good for PvE too.Not too interested in highest rating...never seen any Assassin or Deathknight there.

Sparky

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
  • ◄◄Wishmaster►►
    • RealmOfDreams
« Reply #100 on: 19:54:44 - 02/18/11 »
Lots of Deathknights among the best rated players really, lol.
Assassin is the cool choice though. Good luck with that.

Gothmogged

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #101 on: 01:17:27 - 02/19/11 »
Assassin seems like it might be a more interesting choice overall.  The DK Class charms have very poor longevity with an above average number of them being weak even at the minimum level.  That said, Slayer would open up strategy options that are not accessible otherwise and access to class charms that remain respectable at L50.
151 Gothmogged uses [Violette's Roses]
Gothmogged targets Root of Corruption
Root of Corruption takes 125 melee damage
Root of Corruption is defeated.
229  Gothmogged uses [Nature's Claw]
Thornscourge the Defiled takes 212 melee damage
Thornscourge the Defiled is defeated.

Wercool

• Bunny Cultist
  • how FotD was made. http://tinyurl.com/ydw2ala
« Reply #102 on: 05:40:02 - 02/28/11 »
wasn't there a new high level non-class twinblade relleased?
adventures are funny things.

Alastair

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #103 on: 19:54:02 - 02/28/11 »
wasn't there a new high level non-class twinblade relleased?

There's Kiss of Lesath, prob. one of the best l50 Epics.  I like it more than Alcyone, personally. 

Kysin Coruscating Dagger which is a cool mechanic. I can meet the conditional 75% of the time, so it's nothing to scoff at.

Infernal Parrying Daggers which is, uh, kinda a big ol' bowl of dicks.  Especially since Dragon Rage is also in the same dungeon, and it's sex and win.

Mind you, there's also Relentless Predator, the Assassin/Champion awesome charm, which is just pure, undiluted awesome.

And that's about it for 'new' charms that I can think of off hand. At least the high level ones. I don't know if a new low level TB was put out or not, but if there was one, I'm sure the phrase 'big ol' bowl of dicks' would be apt.

"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful what we pretend to be." - Kurt Vonnegut.

I'm a bastard sometimes, don't think I don't see that- Sage Francis

Wercool

• Bunny Cultist
  • how FotD was made. http://tinyurl.com/ydw2ala
« Reply #104 on: 16:46:45 - 03/01/11 »
i geuss there not as high level as i though but i was talking about the charms in theses shops.
http://www.progenitor-softworks.com/ew/index.php?title=Spiritualist_Lodge
http://progenitor-softworks.com/ew/index.php?title=Natural_Runes
doesn't look like assasin got any though.
adventures are funny things.