Author Topic: New player help?  (Read 32801 times)

Clnkid

• Newcomer
Re: New player help?
« Reply #30 on: 04:24:43 - 05/28/08 »
 :( now i have already another question,why sometimes i use the armor(ward) charms but it not work?  it has the limit?

sorry for my inferior english..i hope u can understand me. :)

Kasyn

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
  • in ur forumz moddin EVERYONE
« Reply #31 on: 04:33:49 - 05/28/08 »
That is no issue - even the creators of the game don't speak English as a first language.

Anyhow, armor and ward charms do not stack in effect unless you use a special type of charm that has Cumulative on it.

For example, if you play a 10 armor charm, and then a 15 armor charm - you will end up with 15 armor, not 25.  The higher armor value entirely replaces the old one, unless it is cumulative.

So if you played a 10 armor charm, and then a 15 armor (cumulative) charm - you would have 25 armor.  Cumulative ward and armor charms are usually tougher to find than just normal ones.
« Last Edit: 05:09:31 - 05/28/08 by Kasyn »
<slalderma> birlimpir whispers in your nightmares
<Tobliz> birlimpir was old when the world was young

Clnkid

• Newcomer
« Reply #32 on: 04:42:03 - 05/28/08 »
That is no issue - even the creators of the game don't speak English as a first language.

Anyhow, armor and ward charms to not stack in effect unless you use a special type of charm that has Cumulative on it.

For example, if you play a 10 armor charm, and then a 15 armor charm - you will end up with 15 armor, not 25.  The higher armor value entirely replaces the old one, unless it is cumulative.

So if you played a 10 armor charm, and then a 15 armor (cumulative) charm - you would have 25 armor.  Cumulative ward and armor charms are usually tougher to find than just normal ones.
:) thank u again,Kasyn! u r a kind-hearted man.good luck in game!

Eritorn

• Wanderer
« Reply #33 on: 04:47:41 - 05/28/08 »
He's not kindhearted. He beat me in pvp.  :P

no matter your level, you'll play sooner or later. awesomeness doesn't make you immune to waffle inquisition.

Kasyn

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #34 on: 04:57:28 - 05/28/08 »
He's not kindhearted. He beat me in pvp.  :P

Yeah, you have a pretty average deck so you're one of my favorite targets now that I'm PvPing regularly.   :laugh:  <3 Soul Dust.

Eritorn

• Wanderer
« Reply #35 on: 05:04:05 - 05/28/08 »
It's not that average. :P And I think you've only attacked me once so far. I never was very good at pvp though.

no matter your level, you'll play sooner or later. awesomeness doesn't make you immune to waffle inquisition.

Kasyn

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #36 on: 05:06:20 - 05/28/08 »
I seem to encounter you all the time in gathering fights.  I also have an alt that's the exact same level as Kasyn, who I've PvPed quite a bit on, I could be confusing fighting you on that character as well.  That just means double the pwnage.   ;D

Eritorn

• Wanderer
« Reply #37 on: 05:10:50 - 05/28/08 »
Blah, maybe I should analyze my pvp encounters as I do my pve encounters to improve my default deck for bullies like you. /grin

Stjohn

• Veteran
  • Faithful
« Reply #38 on: 08:29:25 - 05/28/08 »
I love to adapt my deck to prevent one (or some) players to gank me. It will be specially interesting to do when the first spirit decks will be available, in a few levels ...

By right now it is already possible to counter a full melee/magic with no Penetration with a full armor/ward deck, and hope for exhaustion. Possible, but not that easy (you have to craft a lot of those 20 armor/ward pvp rewards)

Kasyn

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #39 on: 08:46:33 - 05/28/08 »
To be honest my alt has a full armor/ward deck that wasn't very difficult to get together at all.  I have been attacked on him by many high ranking players and have yet to lose when defending with it.  But yeah, it does take a few soul dust reward armors/wards to begin to build an effective one. 

Nipal

• Bunny Mob
  • Bunnies
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #40 on: 09:40:04 - 05/28/08 »
maybe we'll make a detailed thread about how pvp works in estiah. even players aren't complaining about being
ganked by high level right now, it may be frustrating to see a lot of losses.

a quick word, our pvp system is intended to be a ganking feast, we put almost no restriction at all on it. but
gankers don't gain much things, and losers lose near to nothing. it's just being realistic, being ganked is part of
requirements to get stronger. don't lose your heart, get up from ground and pay him back with a surprising gear.
that's how fights should work  :P

Lezard

• Bunny Demon
  • Bunnies
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #41 on: 10:36:02 - 05/28/08 »
hello,everyone! :Di also have 2 questions...
1)how can i join a party?or build one?

1) There are no high enough level players right now to utilize party content.  I'm sure by the time people are ready for it, there will be instructions around.

Dungeons that allow parties are specific, and have an unique interface. There is no way to miss them !
People will see the first group dungeon very soon, but it's an easy demo-type encounter. The real party challenges starts around lv30, when people already have classes.

Light

• Faithful
« Reply #42 on: 18:22:18 - 05/28/08 »
hi, i just want to know what''s this for:

Code: [Select]
+ Discovered Sites
Underground Bank ☼ ☼ ☼ Dark Age Antiquities ☼

Nipal

• Bunny Mob
  • Bunnies
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #43 on: 18:58:05 - 05/28/08 »
discovered sites are useless atm, the exploration skill will come in use one day... just don't try to farm them  :laugh:

Light

• Faithful
« Reply #44 on: 19:52:17 - 05/28/08 »
and... there's not gathering that gives dex+pow? ._.'

i think some clases are nerfed