Author Topic: New player help?  (Read 32800 times)

Kichou

• High Mediator
  • Faithful
Re: New player help?
« Reply #15 on: 16:10:44 - 05/23/08 »
Figured I'd ask it here since this will hopefully become a compendium of answers for new players.  (Maybe someday I'll edit and organize it all into an alternate FAQ)

But when are the new ranks of skills available?  Is it upon a new class change or something?  I've mastered Swords 1 for example, when can I start working on Swords 2?

At lvl 10/20/30/40 etc you can start mastering higher ranks of skills

Stjohn

• Veteran
  • Faithful
« Reply #16 on: 16:33:57 - 05/23/08 »
At lvl 10/20/30/40 etc you can start mastering higher ranks of skills

That's really an important point that should be clear to all new players. Is this information already in a tutorial?

Lezard

• Bunny Demon
  • Bunnies
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #17 on: 16:55:07 - 05/23/08 »
We will not provide any exact formula for skills.
The amount of skills a player can get will eventually be defined by how good he was able to understand them ;)
I'm sure that most of it will be on the forums after some time, but there is some fun involved in the search.

The beta players spent months theorycrafting about these skills formulas ~~

Nipal

• Bunny Mob
  • Bunnies
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #18 on: 17:03:44 - 05/23/08 »
and they didn't figure out all of them - and some were wrong ~~

Kasyn

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
  • in ur forumz moddin EVERYONE
« Reply #19 on: 22:45:26 - 05/23/08 »
I agree about not revealing the skills, that's half the point of it all, but I think knowing when the new ranks of skills are available is general knowledge that kind of falls outside that spectrum. 
<slalderma> birlimpir whispers in your nightmares
<Tobliz> birlimpir was old when the world was young

Mymindisthegutter

• Newcomer
« Reply #20 on: 01:35:33 - 05/26/08 »
i'm just being curious, why do you want to reset your character btw ? first levels mean nothing really, we designed the game
to let you change you mind. Even at level 20, a large switch can be done, you'll have to work hard but it's not impossible. bOnce the first tier class is taken,
you'll lose some possibilities, and after second tier, some more. please take a good look http://www.estiah.com/class/tree
before ending up in a situation where you can't advance toward your favourite final class.

In short...because I'm illiterate  :)

as to the topic of suspicious multi-account activity, is it kosher to engage in pvp with one of my own accounts? [my scout/experiment account (this one) is in the same city as another one of my accounts and suffice it to say the other account would destroy this one] Would that be a bannable offense? If so...well I haven't done it yet  :-[

Bojakem

• Newcomer
  • Legendary Ninja Kage
    • Bojakem's Personal Webpage
« Reply #21 on: 03:38:53 - 05/26/08 »
Well Mymindisthegutter

I believe it all comes down to your motives for pvping with your alt. character. The experiments you would do with your other character, you can also do in the arena against NPC's. If on the other hand, you are trying to build your pvp record... What fun is in that? The truth will show its face sooner or later...
« Last Edit: 04:03:28 - 05/26/08 by Bojakem »
“If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles.”

- Sun Tzu

Lezard

• Bunny Demon
  • Bunnies
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #22 on: 08:41:18 - 05/26/08 »
Hopefully, the game is made so that you can't farm an alt for skills or pvp ratings. After the first fight against anyone, you will gain nothing else if you battle that player for the next 24 hours.

So we will probably not ban someone that made a fight against his alt (note that this might change in the future). However, as Bojakem said, it all comes down to motive in the end. If you repeteadly make fight against one (or many) alts each day, then it really proves you're not experiencing anything but just trying to get one free soul orb each day, and we will find out about it fast.

Nipal

• Bunny Mob
  • Bunnies
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #23 on: 09:00:07 - 05/26/08 »
actually we thought to activate skirmish mode in pvp so players can try as many fights as possible against each other without spending ap.
it may be not a good idea because players' deck don't evolve that much in a short amount of time, and as you've already noticed, once
you figure out your opponents' deck, it's not that hard to win (this also explains why we only allow one fight per day against same
opponent in pvp.)

of course, you gain nothing from skirmish fights and you'll also trigger diminishing return. we don't want to give out more ap because it
would be unfair to casual players. still we have to let hardcore players play to their heart's content. new features are currently in
development and they don't require ap, we just hope to keep a balanced player population between casual and hardcore :)

Edenn

• Newcomer
« Reply #24 on: 23:06:53 - 05/27/08 »
<--is mymind...too lazy to switch accounts

yeah, I didn't mean to insinuate that I was going to farm alts or whatnot, just wanted to clarify some of the rules on multi-account interactions so I wouldn't get myself banned out of ignorance... (was prompted to ask when I started pvping and attacked anything and everything in the area; realized my other account was there and barely stopped myself from clicking attack because I wasn't sure  :-[ )

Anyways, I noticed on the class page that besides the description there are examples of class specific charms. I'm assuming those are just 2 random charms that are semi-representative of the classes abilities. I'm just wondering if there is a good stat balance between the a classes class-specific charms? Like if my dump stat was power, and I couldn't use for example the shadow or fist charms, would an alternative lightning or daggers be available within the class-specific charms?

Also how much emphasis is placed on class specific charms? Should they be the main core of a gear or are they more of a supplement?

Oh, if it isn't apparent, I like this game, and you guys did a great job  :-*

Nipal

• Bunny Mob
  • Bunnies
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #25 on: 23:51:53 - 05/27/08 »
<--is mymind...too lazy to switch accounts

zomg multi account, ban!!  nah, just kidding. many people seem to wonder if multi account is allowed in estiah and there is a post
http://forum.estiah.com/index.php?topic=264.0 which explained it all. maybe we should put this somewhere easy to see.

in short, multi account is tolerated, cheating is not allowed (and heavily punished => accounts removal).

i don't consider attacking your alts out of mistake as cheating, so don't stress over that. but if your alt has only one charm and you
attack him over and over again, there is something fishy about it, right?

each tier 3 class has like 6 class charms with unique effect, and we don't show them all on class detail page. we tried hard to balance
all 12 tier 3 classes, and there will be imbalance, we'll listen to players' opinion and adjust if necessary (like any games), we can't
be perfect, sorry :(

class charms are very powerful, and usually go along with your character advance. but you won't be able to fill your gear with only
class charms, since you've got about 40 spirit at level 40 and you won't get 40 class charms. class charms make your character unique,
but they won't make your character invincible since they're "vendor" items after all.

especially some class charms don't go along with all situation, like you won't use aoe (area of effect) charms against single mob. whoops,
did i say there will be aoe later on?  :laugh: classes are important, but they shouldn't be your only reason to level your character, since
they all should be interesting to play.

about weapons at high level, it's a pretty tricky question. as a player, i just go along with my style : hard hit, don't care about penetration.
i'll get completely screwed against heavy armor users but i'll kill off dot (damage over time) users without much struggle. i don't think
there is a build or a class which can pwn all others, if i have to pick one, i think hierarch is pretty tough, but whatever, i'll never play this
class since i hate being holy and mighty and so on. if my class is not powerful, i'll just do what i did back in wow, whining all day along
in chat : "nerf warlock, buff warrior"  :P

Clnkid

• Newcomer
« Reply #26 on: 02:55:08 - 05/28/08 »
hello,everyone! :Di also have 2 questions...
1)how can i join a party?or build one?
2)how to deal with the useless charms?

Kasyn

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #27 on: 03:34:03 - 05/28/08 »
hello,everyone! :Di also have 2 questions...
1)how can i join a party?or build one?
2)how to deal with the useless charms?

1) There are no high enough level players right now to utilize party content.  I'm sure by the time people are ready for it, there will be instructions around.
2) You can archive charms so that you no longer have to see them in your gear builder by going to Character -> View Your Charms.  You can then pick the categories of whatever charms you want to hide, and hit the Archive button on the bottom of the charm.

Clnkid

• Newcomer
« Reply #28 on: 03:44:47 - 05/28/08 »

1) There are no high enough level players right now to utilize party content.  I'm sure by the time people are ready for it, there will be instructions around.
2) You can archive charms so that you no longer have to see them in your gear builder by going to Character -> View Your Charms.  You can then pick the categories of whatever charms you want to hide, and hit the Archive button on the bottom of the charm.
:)thank u! Kasyn,about second question, only archive charms?if we can sell useless charms to be good... :P I already did not have the enough money to buy the high-level charms...

Kasyn

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #29 on: 04:01:20 - 05/28/08 »
No, it would be nice if you could sell them somehow (even for just a little bit of gold) but it doesn't appear that is possible.  Maybe in the future something could be done with them, would be a solid suggestion for the suggestion forums.