Author Topic: Reason to join a Guild?  (Read 4082 times)

Tonedef

• Adventurer
Reason to join a Guild?
« on: 16:10:54 - 03/13/09 »
How important is it to join a guild? 

I've checked the wiki and I am trying to figure out what all of the guild buildings are for.  Are there some charms that you can only get if you are part of a large guild?  Are they good/important ones? 

Ugluk

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
Re: Reason to join a Guild?
« Reply #1 on: 16:15:59 - 03/13/09 »
How important is it to join a guild? 

I've checked the wiki and I am trying to figure out what all of the guild buildings are for.  Are there some charms that you can only get if you are part of a large guild?  Are they good/important ones? 

It's pretty important.  There's a huge part of the game that's guild-related.  Guild battles, honor points that let you buy things much easier and less time consuming than farming out the craft items for it.  There also are some guild-only charms that are made, but I don't remember all of them.

The other big thing is that you really need guild mates to make groups for the raid dungeons.  It's possible to get a team of 4 together for the big dungeons, but it's a lot easier when you can just ask in the shoutbox.

Tonedef

• Adventurer
« Reply #2 on: 17:14:02 - 03/13/09 »
Thanks! 

At what level do I need to think about joining a guild? 

I've seen guides to running a guild, but are there any overviews of how everything works in one? 

Slalderma

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
  • the Troubadour Warrior
« Reply #3 on: 17:20:10 - 03/13/09 »
Thanks! 

At what level do I need to think about joining a guild? 

I've seen guides to running a guild, but are there any overviews of how everything works in one? 

Not really.  Once you've joined an established guild, they'll tell you everything you need to know.  At least I do to all our new recruits.  As always, the forums are a good place to get help.
slalderma / slickal / rebelscum / sukelywalker / badmotivator
berzerker / pyro / hierarch / deathknight / warden
Slyguy: Shortdeck is the answer to everything.

Xyzzy

• Faithful
« Reply #4 on: 15:47:07 - 03/14/09 »
Just FYI, you can't actually contribute much to a Guild until you are Level 10.  You can't donate Gold or items to the Vault/Warehouse for starting the construction of new buildings or Charms and whatnot.  You can, however, help to actually build the new buildings with your daily Build action.  So don't be discouraged if a Guild declines your invitation request if you are under Level 10.  The buildings that grant extra membership slots are pretty expensive.

Larcent

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #5 on: 17:59:16 - 03/15/09 »
The guild showcase really good for letting you get charms that you may need to use only occasionally so that you don't have to go through the work to create them. I got my healing and stoneskin potions through the guild. I don't normally use such charms, but in certain specialized fights, you may find them extremely useful, and it's a pain to go through all that crafting just for one or two fights. I just picked up a bunch of blind rays yesterday to deal with one specific trial.

Incognito

• Newcomer
  • Creepin & Crawlin
« Reply #6 on: 07:30:12 - 03/16/09 »
Do you think they'll implement an action point bonus in the future for being in a guild?

Kasyn

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
  • in ur forumz moddin EVERYONE
« Reply #7 on: 07:37:01 - 03/16/09 »
Do you think they'll implement an action point bonus in the future for being in a guild?

I would expect not, the devs have expressed many times that they likely won't ever increase the 20 AP every 2 hours rate.
<slalderma> birlimpir whispers in your nightmares
<Tobliz> birlimpir was old when the world was young

Lezard

• Bunny Demon
  • Bunnies
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #8 on: 10:33:23 - 03/16/09 »
Indeed, we won't give extra AP for players in a guild.
However, as the guild has its own AP for wars and such, that gives a lot more things to do for a player without using up his own AP.

Incognito

• Newcomer
  • Creepin & Crawlin
« Reply #9 on: 20:04:11 - 03/16/09 »
I didn't realize how casual of a web based game this was. I'm really enjoying it, I just feel like theres so much to explore/do as a new player and not even action points to do it

Chronosz

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #10 on: 21:31:56 - 03/16/09 »
There is a ton of stuff to do in the game. A lot of it doesn't require any AP. This game is not a wham bam done in 2 days game. The game takes months at the very minim to get to your final class. Much longer to get the gear you want. Just think of it this way, everyone in the game is just as limited as you are.
I see you're playing stupid again, and it looks like you are winning.

Incognito

• Newcomer
  • Creepin & Crawlin
« Reply #11 on: 00:21:49 - 03/17/09 »
Eh I don't see what you mean by a ton of stuff to do. Maybe I need to move way past level 4.

Ugluk

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #12 on: 14:19:18 - 03/17/09 »
Eh I don't see what you mean by a ton of stuff to do. Maybe I need to move way past level 4.

This.  Though there is crafting, PvP, skirmish PvP when AP runs out, Pet Racing/Fighting, Dungeons, forum trolling...................plenty to do

Popeye

• Faithful
« Reply #13 on: 16:24:15 - 03/17/09 »
Gathering, trying to play the market (recently made more difficult), ... outlaw hunts :D