Author Topic: [Cathedral of Illumination] Holy Sh*t!  (Read 132306 times)

Xxiner

• Adventurer
Re: [Cathedral of Illumination] Holy Sh*t!
« Reply #120 on: 08:14:23 - 05/18/10 »
I'm using an iris of cerpathos/sceptor of gregorious/cerulean rod shortdeck that is actually pretty decent. Pretty RNG-dependent, but with the right draw (and if you aren't facing a spiriter or a purger), you can get some really high damage hits. I just set my personal record at above 800 damage

The problem with shortdeck is no-win against SPI users, not to mention you rely heavily on the order of charms you draw. Since there are so so many SPIs in the coliseum, I bet your winning rate will be quite low.

Inkcreamed

• Wanderer
« Reply #121 on: 00:51:18 - 05/19/10 »
I'm using an iris of cerpathos/sceptor of gregorious/cerulean rod shortdeck that is actually pretty decent. Pretty RNG-dependent, but with the right draw (and if you aren't facing a spiriter or a purger), you can get some really high damage hits. I just set my personal record at above 800 damage

The problem with shortdeck is no-win against SPI users, not to mention you rely heavily on the order of charms you draw. Since there are so so many SPIs in the coliseum, I bet your winning rate will be quite low.

Not using it in coliseum. I use it to attack people in PvP that aren't Inquisitors or Deathknights

Aclotheses

• Newcomer
« Reply #122 on: 12:30:47 - 05/27/10 »
I think Hierarchs should have a mass remove curse charm. And some sort of invulnerability charm. There's loads of potential for this class to flex more without breaking it's Holier-than-thou theme. Come on devs, give us a turn in the sun! :)

Sparky

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
  • ◄◄Wishmaster►►
    • RealmOfDreams
« Reply #123 on: 12:40:48 - 05/27/10 »
I think Hierarchs should have a mass remove curse charm. And some sort of invulnerability charm. There's loads of potential for this class to flex more without breaking it's Holier-than-thou theme.
I think you forgot to add a charm doing 150 magic damage (100% P) without any condition, too...

Come on devs, give us a turn in the sun! :)
Make it to lvl 44-45, you'll see you can do well already as a Hierarch.
[15:57]   <Evangeline88>   nah, Slyguy is exceptional ... he can deal with everyone easily?

http://tinyurl.com/2b52xar

Mac OS X 10.9.3 / Firefox 30.0

Xxiner

• Adventurer
« Reply #124 on: 06:14:22 - 06/19/10 »
This is a set I came up with, just reach the stat requirement for Scepter of Gregorius.

Sanctified Light x5
Circle of Life x5
Searing Halo x5
Scepter of Gregorius x5
Light of Colith x5
Infusion of Light x5
Boreal Spear x5
Tiara of Strong Belief x2
Fury of the Elements x5
Cerulean Rod x5
Lawful Will x5
Enhancing Light x5
Mind Radiance x1
Lightflake x4

Still, I feel this set is quite RNG-dependent, a 5-5 vs pryo. Damage is accumulating slower than melee CPB. No-win vs SP. Appreciate any comments. Thanks!

Zenetar

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #125 on: 10:12:21 - 06/19/10 »
Reroll new character -> make him Inq -> own everything
kthxbye

Aclotheses

• Newcomer
« Reply #126 on: 12:34:40 - 06/24/10 »
I'm talking about the flavour of our class. No way should we find Spirit our hardest match-up. I'm not asking for auto-win charms, obviously there should be a price to pay for Removing curses or Limited invulnerability, such is the nature of prayer. But, what is the point of being able to generate a shedload of willpower when you can't use it for any real purpose. Yes there are decks that kind of work for us, but there is nothing that says 'I am a Hierarch, this is what I do' except for decks that die, but quite slowly, to everyone else :(

The essence of the class is, if I am holy enough, my enemies will be rent asunder, probably at the last minute. We need more charms, or combinations of charms that do this. How about a charm that burns willpower to retrieve charms? I often find myself running out of charms against spirit, even after generating masses of willpower, but the damage has been done early on.
Something like:

Last Hope MkI

Aura:  during 4 turns if opponent plays a spirit charm,
                            consume up to 3 willpower
                            and for each return 2 charms to your gear

Requires: lvl 45, mucho int, lots of con, Holy 5, Hierarch class

Costs: Lots of gold, lots of obscure items etc

Its still conditional, you'll still probably have had it stripped out in the first ten turns by any deathknight or inquisitor, so it's hardly broken, but it would make for some exciting turnarounds and at least give us a chance to do what we are supposed to. Berserkers burn will in a class-appropriate way, wouldn't it be nice if we got to do that too? =P

Dissident

• Bunny Cultist
  • Thank god for hotfixes :V
« Reply #127 on: 13:17:24 - 06/24/10 »
                  Last Hope MkI

Consuming willpower then bringing back 2 charms to your gear isn't going to help you against Spiriters on 1v1. This charm only delays your demise but isn't helping you win against your opponent.

Something like Cursed Femur is the way to go, dealing damage and gaining more power when your opponent uses spirit.

Xxiner

• Adventurer
« Reply #128 on: 04:57:13 - 06/28/10 »
Nice try  :) But just like Dissident said, this won't help you much. Spirit is a very good way to attack, efficient and simple. The problem with willpower is it is kinda defensive. And it is not effective against SP attack. Even if there are so many SPers in Coliseum, using a willpower-based deck is simply suicide. To make things worse, our willpower-based attack is all about consuming willpower. I am not asking Dev to make Hierarch No.1 1v1 in coli, but at least we should deserve a competitive class after spending so much time collecting charms. 

I'm talking about the flavour of our class. No way should we find Spirit our hardest match-up. I'm not asking for auto-win charms, obviously there should be a price to pay for Removing curses or Limited invulnerability, such is the nature of prayer. But, what is the point of being able to generate a shedload of willpower when you can't use it for any real purpose. Yes there are decks that kind of work for us, but there is nothing that says 'I am a Hierarch, this is what I do' except for decks that die, but quite slowly, to everyone else :(

The essence of the class is, if I am holy enough, my enemies will be rent asunder, probably at the last minute. We need more charms, or combinations of charms that do this. How about a charm that burns willpower to retrieve charms? I often find myself running out of charms against spirit, even after generating masses of willpower, but the damage has been done early on.
Something like:

Last Hope MkI

Its still conditional, you'll still probably have had it stripped out in the first ten turns by any deathknight or inquisitor, so it's hardly broken, but it would make for some exciting turnarounds and at least give us a chance to do what we are supposed to. Berserkers burn will in a class-appropriate way, wouldn't it be nice if we got to do that too? =P

Schutzengel

• Magic
  • High Mediator
  • Bunny Cultist
  • Tired of burning.
« Reply #129 on: 15:42:13 - 07/01/10 »
Hierarches having nightmares against Inquisitors? YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG!
[20:01]   <wl>   that happens if you let schutz design a dungeon! only charms for himself :P

Zenetar

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #130 on: 18:36:01 - 07/01/10 »
Is there supposed to be a trick to this?

Retardedkitten

• Wanderer
« Reply #131 on: 01:28:30 - 07/02/10 »
no, Schutz
Is there supposed to be a trick to this?

My hierarch averages at best, maybe 50% versus spirit at 50 in a good week of colis.  As with most matchups, it's very 'draw' dependent.  A few heavy wp/spirit charms up front or a well timed Fate hurts.  A few early lawful wills or golem hearts and it can be /easymode.

Either way, it's certainly NOT an auto-win.

Sandyn

• Newcomer
« Reply #132 on: 14:52:14 - 12/22/10 »
Just wondering.how do Hierarchs counter Slayer and Warden purges?

Sheira

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #133 on: 15:10:53 - 12/22/10 »
Hide in a corner and cry. If you are in a group setup, never have the least ward or highest HP. Oh and sacrifice lots of virgins to the dice god. That's pretty much all you can do. The latter is the most effective.

Sandyn

• Newcomer
« Reply #134 on: 19:08:02 - 12/22/10 »
 :)