Author Topic: Pets: ???  (Read 9195 times)

Xyzzy

• Faithful
Re: Pets: ???
« Reply #15 on: 14:34:15 - 04/06/09 »
However, you can feed your pet foods that lower stats, if you want to rearrange them.  Need some more Agility and have too much Ruse?  Feed him a -3 Ruse food, and then feed him a +3 Agility food.

Almostfunny

• Wanderer
« Reply #16 on: 14:57:16 - 04/06/09 »
We need elixirs for pets!

...no, not really.  ;D

Darthblood

• Adventurer
« Reply #17 on: 04:51:09 - 04/14/09 »
why is my pet so annoying? no matter what i do, he's always depressed. even when it says "mood improves slightly." and i HAVE to feed my pet in order to be allowed to race/fight. and sometimes, its still sulking!

Valhamrakh

• Wanderer
  • In your forumz lurking...
« Reply #18 on: 05:40:12 - 04/14/09 »
Keep feeding it stuff, and don't let it race/fight for a few days. That should lift its spirits up.
"Even the noblest of intentions and strongest of wills inevitably crumble into dust."

Ugluk

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #19 on: 14:48:35 - 04/14/09 »
Darthblood,
In my experience you need to feed your pet twice for every event it enters in order to simply maintain its current mood.  So, if you enter a race and a fight at the same time, you would have to feed your pet four times (8 hours) to keep its mood the same.  This is why I have two pets and dedicate one to fighting and one to racing.  This way you can maintain the mood and run them on every cycle.  Like Valhamrakh said, feed your pet continuously for a few days and don't enter any events in order to get your spirits up.  Once you do, use the 2:1 rule of thumb to maintain it.

Enigma

• Wanderer
  • Dirige, Domine, in conspectu tuo viam meam
    • Revolutionist
Purpose of Pet Stats
« Reply #20 on: 22:32:07 - 05/01/09 »
I don't want to create a new thread so I'll just add to this thread since it seems like a general thread for pets anyway. Dunno if it's been answered previously though. If so, sorry for repeating the questions. :-[
  • Do pet stats have any effect at all on fighting and racing? Or is it just pure chance that one wins a fight/race?
  • What's the difference between a non-fully grown pet and a fully grown one?
One man scorned and covered with scars still strove with his last ounce of courage to reach the unreachable stars; and the world was better for this.
- Don Quixote de la Mancha

Tobliz

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #21 on: 22:53:22 - 05/01/09 »
The first question has been answered in this thread; short answer is for fights: maybe, for races: no

The second question: no appreciable difference
[16:39] <Anderhammer> sometimes you need to put the fire out, not start it
[16:39] <Anderhammer> berb
[16:39] == Anderhammer has quit

Enigma

• Wanderer
    • Revolutionist
« Reply #22 on: 23:45:23 - 05/01/09 »
The first question has been answered in this thread; short answer is for fights: maybe, for races: no

The second question: no appreciable difference

Thanks very much! :D So it's still a grey area then. Hmmm... Okay!  ;D
One man scorned and covered with scars still strove with his last ounce of courage to reach the unreachable stars; and the world was better for this.

Ugluk

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #23 on: 05:45:24 - 05/02/09 »
It's less gray than you think.  There is no effect on races from stats.

In fights, the rune types are strong/weak against eachother, but your stats affect the number of points that you gain/lose when your rune is compared to the other one.

Yes, your pet with maxed stats and runes to match them will be much stronger than a pet that doesn't have maxed stats.  Dunno if that's what you meant by fully-grown, but there it is.

Otherwise, all pets are the same provided the stats and runes are the same.

Enigma

• Wanderer
    • Revolutionist
« Reply #24 on: 13:24:30 - 05/03/09 »
It's less gray than you think.  There is no effect on races from stats.

In fights, the rune types are strong/weak against eachother, but your stats affect the number of points that you gain/lose when your rune is compared to the other one.

Yes, your pet with maxed stats and runes to match them will be much stronger than a pet that doesn't have maxed stats.  Dunno if that's what you meant by fully-grown, but there it is.

Otherwise, all pets are the same provided the stats and runes are the same.

By fully grown I mean 100/100 pet growth.

How do you know all these, if you don't mind my asking?  ??? 'Cause all one can see for the races are the races themselves plus each character's usually silly-hilarious fates and for the fights just the tournament trees. Or is there something I missed checking.

And another question: any clue what boosters one should use for pet racing that will actually help it win? Initially I used just random stuff like Weakened Demonic Essence or Iron Ore (LOL!). Now I figured to use the top three foods that actually give my pet an increase in stat when fed with.

Ugluk

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #25 on: 15:37:03 - 05/04/09 »

How do you know all these, if you don't mind my asking?  ??? 'Cause all one can see for the races are the races themselves plus each character's usually silly-hilarious fates and for the fights just the tournament trees. Or is there something I missed checking.

And another question: any clue what boosters one should use for pet racing that will actually help it win? Initially I used just random stuff like Weakened Demonic Essence or Iron Ore (LOL!). Now I figured to use the top three foods that actually give my pet an increase in stat when fed with.

1) I know this because every pet stat of mine is at R4 except for Animal Raising, which is purely luck and still almost there.  I've literally looked at thousands of fight reports.  Sometimes a rune to rune matchup gets me +2, sometimes +4.  The only explanations for that are stats and mood.  However it's rare that there is a big enough gap between you and the opponent to really change the gains/losses, but it does happen and even 1 extra point can sway the battle.  Using runes that match up with your stats is obviously the way to make the most of this.

2) Buff/Debuff runes will affect you throughout not just the current fight, but the entire bracket.  No, I don't know how or how much that directly affects things, but the Devs have said that they do.

3) Races are not affected by stats.

4) Your guess on racing boosters is just as good as mine, though I think you're on the right track.  Truthfully, races are about 1/10 and you're just as likely to make yourself lose with boosters as you are to help yourself win.

Enigma

• Wanderer
    • Revolutionist
« Reply #26 on: 17:58:15 - 05/04/09 »

1) I know this because every pet stat of mine is at R4 except for Animal Raising, which is purely luck and still almost there.  I've literally looked at thousands of fight reports.  Sometimes a rune to rune matchup gets me +2, sometimes +4.  The only explanations for that are stats and mood.  However it's rare that there is a big enough gap between you and the opponent to really change the gains/losses, but it does happen and even 1 extra point can sway the battle.  Using runes that match up with your stats is obviously the way to make the most of this.

2) Buff/Debuff runes will affect you throughout not just the current fight, but the entire bracket.  No, I don't know how or how much that directly affects things, but the Devs have said that they do.

3) Races are not affected by stats.

4) Your guess on racing boosters is just as good as mine, though I think you're on the right track.  Truthfully, races are about 1/10 and you're just as likely to make yourself lose with boosters as you are to help yourself win.

Geek. And that's a compliment. Thanks! :D I love that the Animal Raising/Friendship/Tamer skills do not need level caps for you to get to the next rank. :)