Author Topic: Newbie Questions  (Read 14119 times)

Popeye

• Faithful
Re: Newbie Questions
« Reply #30 on: 23:03:02 - 12/18/08 »
Is there any way to see what boosters I used in a race, AFTER the race? I don't want to have to write them down and remember what I used.

Amber

• Newcomer
« Reply #31 on: 09:34:59 - 12/24/08 »
how do you level your character besides doing jobs?

Kevtron

• Adventurer
« Reply #32 on: 09:43:25 - 12/24/08 »

Most of the skills out there give stats when you complete a level of them.  So work to complete skills to get stats to level.
That being said; working is the fastest/most efficient way to gain daily stats.

Gothmogged

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #33 on: 09:59:50 - 12/24/08 »

Most of the skills out there give stats when you complete a level of them.  So work to complete skills to get stats to level.
That being said; working is the fastest/most efficient way to gain daily stats.

True, but there is a maximum total you can gain from work for the life of your character.  So working everyday is fine at the beginning, but some care should be taken as you advance in the second tier.

The other way to gain levels is to improve your battle skills.  You will need to improve these to meet class requirements anyway, so it is a very good idea to focus on them.  This can be done by building decks which have many of a particular type, armor for example, and winning combats against opponents who are no more than three levels lower than you.  It is usually possible to find an opponent in the arena that you can beat using a deck constructed to improve several skills at the same time.

See http://estiah.aswt.net/index.php?title=Battle for the list of battle skills.
« Last Edit: 10:01:26 - 12/24/08 by Gothmogged »
151 Gothmogged uses [Violette's Roses]
Gothmogged targets Root of Corruption
Root of Corruption takes 125 melee damage
Root of Corruption is defeated.
229  Gothmogged uses [Nature's Claw]
Thornscourge the Defiled takes 212 melee damage
Thornscourge the Defiled is defeated.

Bigguyinblack

• Newcomer
« Reply #34 on: 07:31:43 - 01/17/09 »
I'm currently level 4, Just finished the sewer quest for the 5th time, and am considering moving on to Eversweep to do High Summoner's Study. Since I can only move once per day is there anything I should purchase in Inachis before moving on?

Valhamrakh

• Wanderer
  • In your forumz lurking...
« Reply #35 on: 10:16:27 - 01/17/09 »
I'm currently level 4, Just finished the sewer quest for the 5th time, and am considering moving on to Eversweep to do High Summoner's Study. Since I can only move once per day is there anything I should purchase in Inachis before moving on?

Not too sure, but I think Inachis is where you can craft Rodent charms. They're pretty good starting charms.

And Gothmogged, when you say there is a maximum total that you can gain from work, is this the same as Character Growth (the one out of 900)?
"Even the noblest of intentions and strongest of wills inevitably crumble into dust."

Gothmogged

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #36 on: 11:15:59 - 01/17/09 »

Not too sure, but I think Inachis is where you can craft Rodent charms. They're pretty good starting charms.

And Gothmogged, when you say there is a maximum total that you can gain from work, is this the same as Character Growth (the one out of 900)?

Yes.  Work and food stat gains (except the L40 elixers with the "special" tag ) are capped by Character growth.  900 is all you get.  Stat gain from gaining ranks in skills and special foods does not impact Character Growth.  You can get pretty far without hitting max growth, I'm currently at 640/900 at L41.   I'm pretty sure there are others who have been even more conservative with their growth points.  I chose to save 260 growth points for end game so I have some flexibility about meeting the requirements for new charms as they are introduced.  At this point that seems like a good decision, because the POW requirements for a lot of desirable new charms are more substantial than the DEX primary POW secondary class requirements which guided my growth to this point.

Also, the higher your stats are, the more jobs you have to choose from, so you can be much more precise in the application of stat growth.

151 Gothmogged uses [Violette's Roses]
Gothmogged targets Root of Corruption
Root of Corruption takes 125 melee damage
Root of Corruption is defeated.
229  Gothmogged uses [Nature's Claw]
Thornscourge the Defiled takes 212 melee damage
Thornscourge the Defiled is defeated.

Valhamrakh

• Wanderer
  • In your forumz lurking...
« Reply #37 on: 23:41:35 - 01/17/09 »

Yes.  Work and food stat gains (except the L40 elixers with the "special" tag ) are capped by Character growth.  900 is all you get.  Stat gain from gaining ranks in skills and special foods does not impact Character Growth.  You can get pretty far without hitting max growth, I'm currently at 640/900 at L41.   I'm pretty sure there are others who have been even more conservative with their growth points.  I chose to save 260 growth points for end game so I have some flexibility about meeting the requirements for new charms as they are introduced.  At this point that seems like a good decision, because the POW requirements for a lot of desirable new charms are more substantial than the DEX primary POW secondary class requirements which guided my growth to this point.

Also, the higher your stats are, the more jobs you have to choose from, so you can be much more precise in the application of stat growth.

Oh, I see. Makes sense now. Thanks.
"Even the noblest of intentions and strongest of wills inevitably crumble into dust."

Bigguyinblack

• Newcomer
« Reply #38 on: 07:38:26 - 01/18/09 »
Is it possible to sell old runes I don't need anymore?

Srdja

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #39 on: 09:26:11 - 01/18/09 »
Is it possible to sell old runes I don't need anymore?

If you mean charms, then the answer is no. You can archive them so they don't show up in the gear builder. To do that hover your mouse over your character's name and press View your charms. In the bottom of every charm there's the [arch.] button, press it and the charm will no longer be displayed.

Even old charms might be very useful down the road, that's why you can't sell them.

Bigguyinblack

• Newcomer
« Reply #40 on: 01:46:18 - 01/24/09 »
How do I put items up for auction? Whats the minimum level you can be to have a bounty placed on you?
« Last Edit: 02:29:53 - 01/24/09 by Bigguyinblack »

Aplsos

• Bunny Cultist
  • i feel the ghosts screaming phoenix inside me
« Reply #41 on: 02:36:30 - 01/24/09 »
You can't put items up for auction, the auction house is completely automated.  And you need to be level 10 before anyone can put a bounty on you.

Nyoko

• Faithful
« Reply #42 on: 03:24:15 - 01/24/09 »
What level do I become immune to alts?

Anderhammer

• Faithful
  • Vita Banishment Vita Banishment Vita Banishment
« Reply #43 on: 16:36:14 - 01/24/09 »
What level do I become immune to alts?

Don't we have enough threads whining about dirty pvp tactics already?

Wolfsoul

• The Pic Maniac
  • Animator
  • Bunny Cultist
  • in ur forumz, trollin yer topixz
« Reply #44 on: 16:44:52 - 01/24/09 »
YGBSM
[20:31]   <Schutz|Work>   Lez trolls much better than wolfz! :p
We make server cry with Tears of Blood