Author Topic: Character developement  (Read 2521 times)

Hidalgo

• Newcomer
Character developement
« on: 10:44:43 - 01/24/09 »
Hi, my name is Quico and i'm new to the world of Estiah. I'm currently a level 9 adventurer and I need some advice with the character developmentā€¦ My stadistics are quite leveled      15 Pow    23 Dex  22 Int  and   14 Conā€¦

Do you have any advice for me?

Should I focus on gaining only Dex if I want to play a Scout?

Or should I learn one or two more skills ( like combining dex + int+ con)? Which is the best combination?

Should I level all them to be able to use all the charms and level the basic skills? Is it worth lvling the rank 1 weapon skills?

Thanks in advance for all your advice!!!
 ;D

Minrhael

• Wanderer
Re: Character developement
« Reply #1 on: 11:20:02 - 01/24/09 »
At end game you'll generally want stats around 450-475 in your 2 major stats, and 350 in your 2 minor stats; in the beginning of the game you generally want to balance your stats and then start to specialize as you hit your late teens so you can reach the class you want.  When you hit level 40 your stats will probably look something like 370, 300, 275, 225; then focus on raising that low stat with special foods.  As for the ranks of weapon skills, you should learn every weapon, every gathering, and every other skill you can get to the max rank.

The points you gain from working and regular foods are maxed at 900 total points gained (listed as character growth on your character screen as),  the other stats you gain from foods marked special and from ranks of skills mastered do not count to that 900 point limit, so you need every skill mastered you can get.

As for the best combination of skills, you need to decide what kind of endgame (tier 3) class you want to be; that'll determine 2 of your stats for you.  The 3rd stat can generally be either, but some tier 3 classes perhaps do better with one than the other; there are guides in the strategy section i believe for at least some of the classes.  I personally prefer to always have con as my lowest stat unless it's one of the two required for my class but others may beg to differ.

Feel free to message me in game for clarification if this comes out sounding a bit complex; I wonder now if there's a new player guide on stat development.  Probably should be if there isn't; I'd volunteer but I always make things too complicated!  Maybe I'll try anyway. 

For now, just keep your stats mostly balanced, with dex a little higher; you'll need one stat a bit higher to use the better pvp weapons etc at the earliest possible level.

Azharh

• High Mediator
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #2 on: 14:56:33 - 01/24/09 »
Everybody is his own strategy. I'm working with a 35%-30%-25%-10% scheme and it's just fine for me right now (I'm Lv43 btw ;))

Hidalgo

• Newcomer
« Reply #3 on: 19:01:13 - 01/24/09 »
Thanks a lot, I kinda like the assain and the scout, so im going with dex and int, and probably con too...

Nyoko

• Faithful
« Reply #4 on: 17:28:20 - 01/25/09 »
Try to have 112 dex when you get level 20 so you can take your class and meet the requirements for the class-based charms.

Chronosz

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #5 on: 03:25:02 - 01/26/09 »
You want dex, pow and int. That would be a lot more helpful than con going the scout-sin route.
I see you're playing stupid again, and it looks like you are winning.