Author Topic: Newbie Questions  (Read 13931 times)

Thegame

• Newcomer
  • On your knees, dog.
Newbie Questions
« on: 03:34:42 - 11/01/08 »
hi, i just started this game yesterday and i have some questions:

after i beat that inachi sewer dungeon, what am i supposed to do next? does anyone have a walkthrough they can give me for the next lvls?
i just buy the charms that do the most dmg... but i dont know what class i am going to be.. anyone have some kind of build guides?

Eritorn

• Wanderer
Re: Newbie Questions
« Reply #1 on: 04:00:22 - 11/01/08 »
1. You got a skill for cleaning the sewers. You might want to max it out. 
2. Check the map for new dungeons at your level (the nearby cities both have dungeons that you probably want to visit next)
3. Look at the classes and start aiming for a certain stat layout to reach the requirements for that class. You can change it later on, but it gets tough if you don't allocate correctly.
4. farm dungeons
5. pvp for pvp gems for pvp charms
6. arena to test decks (gears) or train skills
7. gather if you've exhausted/got bored of 4-6.
8. estiah has a wiki. the frontpage got spammed, but there's still good content in there. there's a link right under the estiah graphic on the top of this page.
9. profit.
10. p.s. get a pet and make it your skill slave.
11. p.s.s. stuff
12. p.s.s.s. and things

no matter your level, you'll play sooner or later. awesomeness doesn't make you immune to waffle inquisition.

Thegame

• Newcomer
  • On your knees, dog.
« Reply #2 on: 03:37:11 - 11/02/08 »
ok..how do i get a pet? how do i make it skill slave?
also what is the best way to make money at lvl 4? i just keep killing the lvl 3 rat in the arena for like 12-15 gold each battle..
and do you recommend buying charms in the shops or waiting until i get lucky and find some?

Arimith

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #3 on: 15:10:45 - 11/02/08 »
Buy a few charms from the store if you need to fill out your gear, but at very low levels you will level up quite quickly and find that the charms you bought will soon be useless, so try not to waste too much.

If you keep doing dungeons* you should find you get quite good charms reasonably quickly.

*Dungeons can be done twice a day, and you can move once a day. In this way you should be able to do 3 dungeons each day (or more if you are in a city which has multiple dungeons you can do)
Also note that the level on dungeons is not a restriction but a guideline, you may find that even if you can't complete some higher level dungeons you may be able to beat the first couple of levels.
Loose is what your underwear is when the elastic breaks
Lose is what then happens to your dignity

Anderhammer

• Faithful
  • Vita Banishment Vita Banishment Vita Banishment
« Reply #4 on: 06:34:18 - 11/03/08 »
The level on dungeons IS a restriction.  If you're too low a level, you can't do it.

I'd advise playing the game, experimenting, and deciding what you want to be rather than asking other people to tell you what to do.

Wolfsoul

• The Pic Maniac
  • Animator
  • Bunny Cultist
  • in ur forumz, trollin yer topixz
« Reply #5 on: 16:42:26 - 11/03/08 »
The level on dungeons IS a restriction.  If you're too low a level, you can't do it.

I'd advise playing the game, experimenting, and deciding what you want to be rather than asking other people to tell you what to do.

nahh dungeons could be done being two levels lower, all lower dungeons, probably up to The game (and more) can be done being two levels lower >_>
YGBSM
[20:31]   <Schutz|Work>   Lez trolls much better than wolfz! :p
We make server cry with Tears of Blood

Ossegu

• Faithful
« Reply #6 on: 18:25:07 - 11/03/08 »
cap is 5 levels lower

Thegame

• Newcomer
  • On your knees, dog.
« Reply #7 on: 04:32:09 - 11/04/08 »
*Dungeons can be done twice a day, and you can move once a day. In this way you should be able to do 3 dungeons each day (or more if you are in a city which has multiple dungeons you can do)

i have a question about this, how come you say i can do a dungeon twice a day, but i can only do the inachis sewers dungeon once a day? it doesnt let me start it again after i finish it..

Abear

• Adventurer
« Reply #8 on: 06:35:28 - 11/04/08 »
Dungeons reset every 12 hours, so while you cant do the same one back to back really, you always have the chance to come back after a reset and give it another go.

Azharh

• High Mediator
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #9 on: 09:46:24 - 11/04/08 »
Actual dungeon reset are at 06:00 GMT and 18:00 GMT if I recall correctly  :-*

Thegame

• Newcomer
  • On your knees, dog.
« Reply #10 on: 03:55:48 - 11/05/08 »
what would be the best newbie dungeon for good charms?

Abear

• Adventurer
« Reply #11 on: 05:54:40 - 11/05/08 »
what would be the best newbie dungeon for good charms?

None, really. You will outgrow all the low level charms really fast as you level up quickly in the beginning. Thunderock Canyon might be the first dungeon with particularly memorable charms you might keep for awhile.

Anderhammer

• Faithful
  • Vita Banishment Vita Banishment Vita Banishment
« Reply #12 on: 13:14:33 - 11/06/08 »
The charms you get from dungeons vary, but you rarely get charms from one dungeon from any other.

I suggest playing them all at least ten times, but that's just the charm collector in me talking.

Wolfsoul

• The Pic Maniac
  • Animator
  • Bunny Cultist
  • in ur forumz, trollin yer topixz
« Reply #13 on: 13:54:05 - 11/06/08 »
Or check wiki and see what you need and what not.
YGBSM
[20:31]   <Schutz|Work>   Lez trolls much better than wolfz! :p
We make server cry with Tears of Blood

Thegame

• Newcomer
  • On your knees, dog.
« Reply #14 on: 04:57:59 - 11/21/08 »
how do i get rank 3 in mining? at rank 2 i keep mining but it doesnt give me skill rank points..
and which stuff are worth keeping from mining? i just keep selling everything i get..