Author Topic: Buttons for charm filtering?  (Read 1720 times)

Masterdolmick

• Adventurer
Buttons for charm filtering?
« on: 09:44:49 - 06/18/14 »
Is there going to be cute little buttons for every filter we have?
Typing "fx:" is way too hardcore for newcomers, especially under the Chinese version.

Nipal

• Bunny Mob
  • Bunnies
  • Bunny Cultist
Re: Buttons for charm filtering?
« Reply #1 on: 00:07:07 - 06/19/14 »
the deck ui is way too crowded atm. perhaps only a button to expand advanced filters.

Quazee

• Faithful
« Reply #2 on: 06:51:39 - 06/19/14 »
Typing "fx:" is way too hardcore for newcomers (...)

*scratches his head in utter dismay. Pressing a few buttons == hardcore (the adverbial constructs aside), eh?

Sheira

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #3 on: 07:22:44 - 06/19/14 »
The reason is that there is no indication that the search bar is used for anything but name searching. Nothing tells you about these keywords.

Gabbin

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #4 on: 07:23:15 - 06/19/14 »
I know it seems super simple, but the difference between forcing a new user to type (more importantly to remember) 'fx:' and having it as a half button that provides a dropdown is pretty huge.  One is easily accessible and actionable, the other is hidden.  Given the difference in accessibility and that filtering by effect is more of a neat trick than a required function, yeah, i'd say typing 'fx:' could rightly be labeled 'hardcore.'

Also, typing anything is annoying on tablets.  Making it a button would save a step and be less annoying.
Everythings easier in pseudocode!

Ayrvin

• Newcomer
« Reply #5 on: 05:58:56 - 06/20/14 »
Personally, I'd just like more comprehensive search options.  Search by speed, by max damage, only have charms with above x penetration, search for charms with weapon modifiers, ect.  But I suppose that's the opposite of adding in simple searches.

Misha

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #6 on: 18:58:18 - 06/20/14 »
Personally, I'd just like more comprehensive search options.  Search by speed, by max damage, only have charms with above x penetration, search for charms with weapon modifiers, ect.  But I suppose that's the opposite of adding in simple searches.

I would like these as well.