Author Topic: How is spirit calculated?  (Read 9906 times)

Ayrvin

• Newcomer
How is spirit calculated?
« on: 05:32:18 - 06/16/14 »
  I just finished Sandstorm, (the campaign, chapter 5, first fight).

I finished with 2 charms left, and not much health.  http://beta.estiah2.com/world/battle/replay/id/19423
  It gave me survival, and not cheat death.  I started the battle with 22 spirit, and ended with 2 spirit.  Is this because I had over 2.2 spirit left?

How is spirit calculated?  My gear had 32 charms in it.

I have a few questions about game mechanics like this (for instance, what exactly are the requirements for soul capture?).  I'm not sure where to put them other than  just dumping them in general discussion.  Is there a help file other than the game FAQs?

Ayrvin

• Newcomer
Re: How is spirit calculated?
« Reply #1 on: 05:46:50 - 06/16/14 »
Oh, hmm, I had 26 ability charms and an average speed of 1.1.  Is spirit calculated on ablility charms/speed?  that seems like it makes it harder for slow decks to get spirituality, and easier for fast decks.

Gabbin

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #2 on: 07:14:21 - 06/16/14 »
Your character's max spirit is 10+level, and determines the maximum number of charms that can be put into your gear.

In battle, your spirit is a count of how many charms you have remaining to draw.  It decrements by one every time you draw a charm or take spirit damage.  You draw four charms immediately upon entering battle, so your starting spirit will always be 4 less than the number of charms in your gear.

I do not know the %s needed to trigger skill gains in spirituality or cheat death.

I believe the % chance for soul capture is different for each mob, and gets easier the closer they are to death.  Your best bet there is just to get them as close to death as you can before trying to capture.
Everythings easier in pseudocode!

Seniunas

• Wanderer
« Reply #3 on: 10:26:46 - 06/16/14 »
well, it was not only hp, but low spirit too for soul trap, the lower bpth, the higher chance, also your lvl shoulb be close to mob lvl for better chance of capture

Ayrvin

• Newcomer
« Reply #4 on: 16:20:54 - 06/16/14 »
Ok, I'll try again for capturing.  I failed once or twice, and had one or two occasions where it said it wasn't allowed, so I wasn't sure if I should bother without reading the conditions more carefully.

For spirituality/cheat death, it used to be 10% of charms remaining (in Estiah 1), so I was surprised that having 10% of charms remaining didn't trigger it here.  I wasn't sure if I should put a bug report in or not.  Maybe charms remaining in my hand count too.  Which I personally would find a little strange (since I lose when I run out of charms to draw, not when I have no more charms in my hand, right?)

Misha

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #5 on: 18:55:12 - 06/16/14 »
Spirituality and Survival are 5% threshholds I believe.  It's easier to manipulate these values than in Estiah 1 so they're more strict.  Spirituality doesn't count charms in your hand though, so don't worry about that.