Author Topic: Tooltips for Protects?  (Read 974 times)

Masterdolmick

• Adventurer
Tooltips for Protects?
« on: 17:01:22 - 06/13/14 »
I may misunderstand, but "Protect : 4" means it expires after I get 4 hits, right? Or expires after my 4 turns?
Anyway, is it possible to show how many turns/hits of protect left during battle? It would help so much if I need to chain protects or reserving hits for opponents.

Gabbin

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
Re: Tooltips for Protects?
« Reply #1 on: 17:33:49 - 06/13/14 »
It would be 4 of your turns, not 4 hits.

You will likely get used to counting down protect turns to the point where you don't notice it anymore.  It happens fairly quickly.  And by then you have enough protect charms that stretching them out to make them last isn't an issue anymore.

That said, a protect countdown indicator would be a nice bit of polish.  Not sure where you could put it though.  I'd love to see icons and countdowns for everyones auras, banes, summons and modifiers, but screen space is an issue.

Right now, i think we get one icon to the right of our willpower count that shows the icon for our latest status effect.  I wonder if maybe we could have a permanent icon for each status effect type there, that lights up when there is an effect on you?  Then you could mouseover it for a tooltip showing a list of the effects of that type and their remaining tick duration?  I dunno.

Everythings easier in pseudocode!

Nipal

• Bunny Mob
  • Bunnies
  • Bunny Cultist
Re: Tooltips for Protects?
« Reply #2 on: 16:01:35 - 06/14/14 »
beside the screen size issue, the foremost problem is the game performance.
battle UI actually lags a lot on tablets, that's why no one is making web games anymore.
everyone has gone native clients to achieve smooth animation and game experience.

suggestions to make battle UI better are very welcome, but i probably won't make the
UI more complex than it is now before i manage to improve performance.