Author Topic: Detailed explanation on fight mechanics  (Read 2609 times)

Taketsuru

• Adventurer
Detailed explanation on fight mechanics
« on: 15:57:21 - 05/29/14 »
Once again I am completely new to this game, so I come here with the point of view of a complete newbie.

Newbie-me was trying to have more detailed information about the fight mechanics : when I see "3 magic (60% P)" and "8 ward (40%C)", I would like to know what this is. Unfortunately for my curiosity, I wasn't able to find the solution either ingame or here in the forum.
So:
- either the information is not available, and that is bad.
- or I just couldn't find it, and maybe it should be made more accessible
- (or I am just stupid and blind)

Sheira

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
Re: Detailed explanation on fight mechanics
« Reply #1 on: 16:24:44 - 05/29/14 »
I believe a glossary FAQ like the one in E1 is planned. The %P and %C are penetration and cumulative percentage, similar to E1. 60%P means that 60% of the damage is ward penetrating. 40%C means that 40% of the ward is cumulative.

Nipal

• Bunny Mob
  • Bunnies
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #2 on: 19:06:04 - 05/31/14 »
there's already a glossary page, we just have to add more entries if players wish to know about anything.

Toben

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #3 on: 17:57:35 - 06/01/14 »
The biggest thing I would like more info on is for AoE effects. Specifically if there was some way I could tell better where they're going to go so as to target them better. I can figure out what h. line or circle means but that doesn't help a lot if I can't tell how wide the line is or how big the circle is.

Sheira

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #4 on: 18:34:03 - 06/01/14 »
"line" is just a thin line and only the tiles it touches are affected. "circle" has a number after it which tells you the size. But yeah, all this stuff should be added to the glossary or some other FAQ.

Toben

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #5 on: 19:10:36 - 06/01/14 »
Honestly what I'd most like for AoE effects is a highlighted area on the battlefield showing the area it'll effect (based on who you're targeting at that moment) that shows up when you mouse over the AoE charm. Dunno if that's really doable, though.

Sheira

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #6 on: 19:25:24 - 06/01/14 »
I remember us talking about this, but I think it was judged as too much clutter. They are trying to keep the battlefield quite clean.

Sparky

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
  • ◄◄Wishmaster►►
    • RealmOfDreams
« Reply #7 on: 05:46:45 - 06/02/14 »
Yeah we had a talk about this, especially because of the non vertical or horizontal lines as they sometimes hit more enemies than I'd thought (I guess sprite size or something similar mattered). Maybe the monsters affected by a charm could be highlighted upon charm mouseover. Although I think there was a mention of a battle grid (that could be switched on/off) that would be implemented, allowing to see more clearly the tiles on which characters are. This alone could be enough.
[15:57]   <Evangeline88>   nah, Slyguy is exceptional ... he can deal with everyone easily?

http://tinyurl.com/2b52xar

Mac OS X 10.9.3 / Firefox 30.0

Misha

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #8 on: 06:11:07 - 06/02/14 »
I remember us talking about this, but I think it was judged as too much clutter. They are trying to keep the battlefield quite clean.

There really does need to be some kind of indication though.  I will definitely take "clutter" over having to eyeball it within the one or two seconds I have.

Nipal

• Bunny Mob
  • Bunnies
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #9 on: 08:57:38 - 06/02/14 »
actually after implemented aoe target indication, we found it laggy so it's disabled for now.
technically speaking, aoe targets need to be recomputed all the time coz a mob may move, die etc.
that's a lot of back/forth between server and client, so until we can improve the performance
we leave it disabled.

Hugliston

• Adventurer
« Reply #10 on: 09:53:26 - 06/02/14 »
Well, for me just grayed tiles in background would fit, or are your tiles' size varying ?

Lezard

• Bunny Demon
  • Bunnies
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #11 on: 09:57:53 - 06/02/14 »
Well, for me just grayed tiles in background would fit, or are your tiles' size varying ?

The size of the mobs matters when deciding if it is hit, it's not just a matter of tiles. This is especially important for Line targeting,

Taketsuru

• Adventurer
« Reply #12 on: 14:07:11 - 06/03/14 »
Just got a new charm, I have no idea what it does, and can't find info anywhere.

Target enemy - crossaround caster : 57 ward projection

Projection I understood from the fight in 6.2, but crossaround...  :o

Sheira

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #13 on: 14:15:15 - 06/03/14 »
There is a missing space (cross around caster). It's a cross (+), but instead of centered on your target, it is centered on you, the caster.
edit: fixed cross
« Last Edit: 14:49:17 - 06/03/14 by Sheira »

Lezard

• Bunny Demon
  • Bunnies
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #14 on: 14:17:45 - 06/03/14 »
Cross AOE would be a + shape.
X-Cross AOE are the real X shapes.