Author Topic: Server migration  (Read 4462 times)

Nipal

• Bunny Mob
  • Bunnies
  • Bunny Cultist
Server migration
« on: 16:00:29 - 01/15/14 »
In order to prepare the e2 beta launch, we'll have to migrate our current server to a new one during the next week.
We'll inform our players later about the definitive date on the home page, so don't be surprised if estiah goes offline
for a few minutes next week :)

Torq

• Adventurer
Re: Server migration
« Reply #1 on: 18:50:35 - 01/15/14 »

Nipal

• Bunny Mob
  • Bunnies
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #2 on: 09:44:13 - 01/22/14 »
Our forum has been migrated on the new server, we'll start migrating the game now :)

Nipal

• Bunny Mob
  • Bunnies
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #3 on: 16:19:27 - 01/22/14 »
The migration was harder than I thought, had some annoying incompatibility issues but it's finally done.
Thank you for your patience, and please let us know if you are having any troubles.

Quazee

• Faithful
« Reply #4 on: 17:19:30 - 01/22/14 »
The migration was harder than I thought, had some annoying incompatibility issues but it's finally done.
Thank you for your patience, and please let us know if you are having any troubles.

Yeah, there are some minor glitches in E1. What I've seen for myself: inconsistent dungeon resets (running twice the same dungeon in 12h), guild AP going bananas (some GAPs vanished without any warfare), messy fight replays (checking the results from a siege had me seeing some weird level ~15 characters, rather than level 50+ characters; wrong names, wrong levels, wrong everything).

The last few days the forum had a slightly different layout (e.g. no link to the wiki), but it's back to normal now.

EDIT: You can see for yourself one of the described issues if you log into q, and then check the result of the last siege against WPS. By doing that you'll also observe that Hero has 69 GAPs right now, even if the last siege was initiated 18h ago.
« Last Edit: 17:28:05 - 01/22/14 by Quazee »

Monday

• Newcomer
« Reply #5 on: 17:42:21 - 01/22/14 »
I can't access the game at all. I get

"Server Migration

Sorry, Estiah.com is temporarily unavailable. We are moving the application to another server to bring you a better gaming experience.

The site should be back in a few hours, you can contact us by email or on our forum for help."

Quazee

• Faithful
« Reply #6 on: 19:11:51 - 01/22/14 »
It looks like Hero's missing 140 GAPs, from what I can tell. Only 89 right now, instead of the correct 229.

I can't access the game at all. I get (...)

Haven't encountered this problem myself at all, the past few days or today.

Seniunas

• Wanderer
« Reply #7 on: 19:25:36 - 01/22/14 »
I can't access the game at all. I get

"Server Migration

Sorry, Estiah.com is temporarily unavailable. We are moving the application to another server to bring you a better gaming experience.

The site should be back in a few hours, you can contact us by email or on our forum for help."

same for me, atleast with PC, with android phone i can get in game, kinda weird

Sheira

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #8 on: 19:30:41 - 01/22/14 »
Did 1v1 coliseum not happen due to the migration or did the json export just fail?
http://www.estiah.com/json/pvp/coliseum/result/mode/1

Monday

• Newcomer
« Reply #9 on: 03:39:51 - 01/23/14 »
Skills used to be ranked by level and then completion. Now it's all jumbled. Is this intended?

Gauss

• Newcomer
« Reply #10 on: 05:23:46 - 01/23/14 »

Oddly enough, I get the server migration page with firefox but can get on fine with chrome.  No scripts for me for now I guess. :(

Sparky

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
  • ◄◄Wishmaster►►
    • RealmOfDreams
« Reply #11 on: 05:27:31 - 01/23/14 »

Oddly enough, I get the server migration page with firefox but can get on fine with chrome.  No scripts for me for now I guess. :(
Works fine for me on Firefox. You probably just need to clean your cache.
[15:57]   <Evangeline88>   nah, Slyguy is exceptional ... he can deal with everyone easily?

http://tinyurl.com/2b52xar

Mac OS X 10.9.3 / Firefox 30.0

Ayleth

• Adventurer
  • Devotee of the Bunny God
« Reply #12 on: 06:36:56 - 01/23/14 »
1v1 coli is kind of bugged. It says my charries are able to join in a battlegroup even though I'm already in one.
« Last Edit: 06:57:25 - 01/23/14 by Ayleth »

Feeniks

• Newcomer
« Reply #13 on: 07:00:00 - 01/23/14 »
I can get in with Internet Explorer but not Firefox. Firefox still gives me the 'server migration' message.

Nipal

• Bunny Mob
  • Bunnies
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #14 on: 10:07:24 - 01/23/14 »
i'll try to answer some questions :

1. some people can get in the game with one browser/os/device/isp but not another. it is due to dns cache (think this of your browser/os/device/isp
remembering the ip of our old server), which should've expired hours ago though.  a quick google "windows flush dns" should tell you how to flush
it, but you can try your browser's private mode, sometimes it works. this problem should go away as time passes, and we can't do anything.

2. some players reported data losses, it may have happened if you were playing during the migration period. i shutdown the game before doing
a full backup/restore of our database, so i'm a bit surprised to see player lost anything. anyway, as for now it seems to be minor losses, so i
won't do another restore since players may have acquired new items after the migration. sorry about that.

3. jumbled skill ordering is due to a fix i tried to make the game work on the new server, but now it should be like before.

4. @sheira, coliseum json export should be working again, i don't see any problem for now.

5. @ayleth, do you still have the problem of battlegroup ? or anyone else has it too?

let us know if you notice other problems, there was some code fixes but not that much. thanks!