Author Topic: Outlaw  (Read 1386 times)

Ayleth

• Adventurer
  • Devotee of the Bunny God
Outlaw
« on: 18:59:55 - 11/20/13 »
Requirements- Succeed at Self Defense against a opponent within one level of you while you have a bounty on your head.

While Bounty Hunter requirements- Defeat a player with a bounty on their head in PvP combat. You cannot claim a bounty on players two or more levels below you.

While bounty hunter gives no restriction on players above your level, outlaw severely caps the stat for the attacker can't be more than one level above you. In a roleplay sense, won't be it a news that better, stronger advies tried to attack you and lost. Isn't a level 20 successfully defending against a level 30 charrie much greater feat compared to defending against a level 21? After all there is no such restriction on self defense.

Sparky

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
  • ◄◄Wishmaster►►
    • RealmOfDreams
Re: Outlaw
« Reply #1 on: 09:30:23 - 11/21/13 »
Requirements- Succeed at Self Defense against a opponent within one level of you while you have a bounty on your head.

While Bounty Hunter requirements- Defeat a player with a bounty on their head in PvP combat. You cannot claim a bounty on players two or more levels below you.

While bounty hunter gives no restriction on players above your level, outlaw severely caps the stat for the attacker can't be more than one level above you. In a roleplay sense, won't be it a news that better, stronger advies tried to attack you and lost. Isn't a level 20 successfully defending against a level 30 charrie much greater feat compared to defending against a level 21? After all there is no such restriction on self defense.
The Outlaw skill specifically targets those who are hunted for a bounty. That is to say, if the attacker isn't eligible for the Bounty Hunter skill, the defender may not get Outlaw if they win the fight. On top of that, the attacker's level has to be high enough that the fight is fair (so Outlaw-farming through an army of low-levels attacking you doesn't happen). It makes sense to me, while being quite painful indeed. Good luck! ;)
[15:57]   <Evangeline88>   nah, Slyguy is exceptional ... he can deal with everyone easily?

http://tinyurl.com/2b52xar

Mac OS X 10.9.3 / Firefox 30.0

Ayleth

• Adventurer
  • Devotee of the Bunny God
Re: Outlaw
« Reply #2 on: 16:26:01 - 11/21/13 »
On top of that, the attacker's level has to be high enough that the fight is fair (so Outlaw-farming through an army of low-levels attacking you doesn't happen). It makes sense to me, while being quite painful indeed. Good luck! ;)
That is exactly what I want to be expanded. Why restrict the attacker within +1 level of you in case of Outlaw? I have no problem with the restriction put on attackers below your level, only those above you. In case of bounty hunter, you always get it if you win against players above your level, why not the same in the case of outlaw.

http://wl.attrib.org/estiah/replay/1eeb5ccf - The reason of this topic. 2 more replays got deleted :(