Author Topic: List of suggestions for new players.  (Read 47891 times)

Monique45

• Newcomer
  • Submit To Me !
Re: List of suggestions for new players.
« Reply #45 on: 23:11:11 - 08/15/10 »
Hello,

I wanted to say thank you for this beginner tips pages it has helped me out a great deal. I still have a long way to go, but with information always at my finger tips I will be great in no time.  Thanks again 8)

Lady Monique
LadyMonique

Navizarian

• Newcomer
« Reply #46 on: 06:09:43 - 12/13/10 »
27) If you use a deck of single charms, total skill increase per fight is about 10 or less. If you use dual charms you can raise your total skill 15+ in a single fight. (In early levels, goblin tower is a good farming spot for duals.)

Could you explain this portion again? I don't quite get you, thanks!

Sparky

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
  • ◄◄Wishmaster►►
    • RealmOfDreams
« Reply #47 on: 08:05:38 - 12/13/10 »
27) If you use a deck of single charms, total skill increase per fight is about 10 or less. If you use dual charms you can raise your total skill 15+ in a single fight. (In early levels, goblin tower is a good farming spot for duals.)

Could you explain this portion again? I don't quite get you, thanks!
What he means is, let's say you use a deck of single rune charms (eg charms with only one rune), for instance 10 fire charms and 10 earth charms, you'll get +5 in each (+5 is the maximum you can get in a rune skill), but if you go with 10 fire, 10 earth and 10 Frost, you will get +12 (yeah the limit is actually 12, not 10) total at the very best (like +4, +4, +4 or +3, +4, +5).
On the other hand, if you use dual rune charms (charms with 2 runes, like Fiery Punch which is Fire/Fist) you can get beyond this limit of +12 total max skill points for rune skills.
[15:57]   <Evangeline88>   nah, Slyguy is exceptional ... he can deal with everyone easily?

http://tinyurl.com/2b52xar

Mac OS X 10.9.3 / Firefox 30.0

Poryg

• Newcomer
« Reply #48 on: 18:27:25 - 08/05/12 »
I don't know which numbers these are :)

Try to plan your walkthrough asap. It helps you to decide which skills you have to master and when, which charms you'll have to focus on, etc.

Feel free to use Wikis, you're not an AI to remember every step, every charm, every... everything what Estiah can hide.

Don't try to visit Coliseum too early, it's only a waste of time and money. For example if you're level 15, you don't stand a chance.

It's NEVER late to start over. Estiah TOLERATES multiple accs, that allows you to follow new, different routes!

In Estiah doesn't exist a way which is superior to other ones. Some classes are weaker, some stronger... But Estiah isn't only about brutal power, a player with weaker charms can still win, if he uses his head.

If your strategy is bad,... simply change it.

Sparky

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
  • ◄◄Wishmaster►►
    • RealmOfDreams
« Reply #49 on: 18:36:37 - 08/05/12 »
I don't know which numbers these are :)

Try to plan your walkthrough asap. It helps you to decide which skills you have to master and when, which charms you'll have to focus on, etc.

Feel free to use Wikis, you're not an AI to remember every step, every charm, every... everything what Estiah can hide.

Don't try to visit Coliseum too early, it's only a waste of time and money. For example if you're level 15, you don't stand a chance.

It's NEVER late to start over. Estiah TOLERATES multiple accs, that allows you to follow new, different routes!

In Estiah doesn't exist a way which is superior to other ones. Some classes are weaker, some stronger... But Estiah isn't only about brutal power, a player with weaker charms can still win, if he uses his head.

If your strategy is bad,... simply change it.

I only partly agree with this:
 - planning out is definitely an important part of the game. But at the same time, you don't have to. I started really caring only after I hit lvl 40 or so on my main character.
 - which brings me to the 2nd point: you can always do new chars as suggested, but "starting over" is completely unnecessary. Like I said my main char was just powerlevelling without farming many charms or skills till level 40. In Estiah you can always make up for it later, I have no complaints at all about this char nowadays (he's pretty badass and had no trouble in PvP/Coliseum etc after being fixed).
 - coliseum may be nigh impossible at lvl 15 due to all the min/maxxers there, but it's still a good idea to register to see what is efficient strategy-wise and to check what kind of chars win there (their amount of charms/skills mastered/HPs/spirit can give some hints about your progression).
[15:57]   <Evangeline88>   nah, Slyguy is exceptional ... he can deal with everyone easily?

http://tinyurl.com/2b52xar

Mac OS X 10.9.3 / Firefox 30.0