Author Topic: List of suggestions for new players.  (Read 48002 times)

Darian

• Faithful
Re: List of suggestions for new players.
« Reply #30 on: 23:23:43 - 09/10/09 »
Great suggestions so far guys, thanks for making this thread  :-* I just started a couple of days ago and Im wondering how to increase my PVP rating? I've been pvping against players my lvl range (non skirmish) but my rating doesnt go up  :-\

To gain rating points, you must win against people higher rated than you. And you can only fight a given person once per day (the fight button for them will be grayed out after the battle).

Winterfate

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #31 on: 02:05:56 - 09/11/09 »
Quote from: Darian
And you can only fight a given person for rewards once per day (the fight button for them will be grayed out after the battle).

Fixed. ;)

Granted, it's pointless to fight someone more than once a day, but it IS possible, just pointing it out. :)
(You also won't get rewards if your opponent is 4 or more levels below your own.)
CURRENTLY PLAYED:
Winterfate - Paladin
Aerolian - Scout (future Warlord)
ON THE SHELF UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE:
Streamseal - Wizard
[Babysitting] Mrpmosh - Scout (future Inquisitor)

Sparky

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
  • ◄◄Wishmaster►►
    • RealmOfDreams
« Reply #32 on: 03:11:27 - 11/28/09 »

(You also won't get rewards - else than the skill cruelty- if your opponent is 4 or more levels below your own.)
[15:57]   <Evangeline88>   nah, Slyguy is exceptional ... he can deal with everyone easily?

http://tinyurl.com/2b52xar

Mac OS X 10.9.3 / Firefox 30.0

Czah

• Adventurer
« Reply #33 on: 19:45:10 - 12/01/09 »
This is helpful.  It would be more helpful if a mod could clean this thread up.  Delete posts, and just add the important information to the initial post. 

Drasagoth

• Newcomer
« Reply #34 on: 12:57:58 - 12/03/09 »
27) If you use a deck of single charms, total skill increase per fight is about 10 or less. If you use dual charms you can raise your total skill 15+ in a single fight. (In early levels, goblin tower is a good farming spot for duals.)

28) Best way to increase most of your skills and getting free charms is PvP. Each PvP costs only 10 AP at most. Organize a deck which you want to skill up and kill some players. Your deck will probably be weak so attack someone who is lower than your level. Thus, your skill will level up at minimum AP cost and you get enough soul for PvP charms. (If you trust your deck you can attack players who are two level above you. This will cost you only 8 AP, check the next tip)

28+) Leveling courage is not hard as it seems. In every PvP cities there are some abandoned chars which are high level. They mostly carry level 1 deck (13 charms). All you can do is to go to PvP, adjust the basic player filter to player of all levels and sort by rating. Go to the last page, find someone who is at least two or more levels than you, check his/her profile, attack. Plus you can achieve David and Goliath too. Each fight will cost only 8 AP in this way

29) When you are level 7 you can train Heroism in Inachis Battle Tournament. But check here first, http://estiah.aswt.net/index.php?title=Inachis_Battle_Tournament. Can be tough if you are not ready.
« Last Edit: 19:58:45 - 12/03/09 by Drasagoth »

Czah

• Adventurer
« Reply #35 on: 17:10:31 - 12/03/09 »

28+) Leveling courage is not hard as it seems. In every PvP cities there are some abandoned chars which are high level. They mostly carry level 1 deck (13 charms). All you can do is to go to PvP, adjust the basic player filter to player of all levels and sort it by level. Go to the last page, find someone who is at least two or more levels than you, check his/her profile, attack. Plus you can achieve David and Goliath too. Each fight will cost only 8 AP in this way

Good tips def.  But from what I just figured out, correct me if i'm wrong.  If you do by all levels, then go to last page, you will have ppl WAY lower level.  And if you just choose a random person 2levels above you will probably get raped by #of Charms...right?
What i've been doing, and suggest.  Sort by RATING.  Then go to the last page.  Fight the highest level you can find w/the lowest ratings.  I just found several 3-4 levels above me, with 13-19 charm deck(while i have 23) and got some nice courage.

Drasagoth

• Newcomer
« Reply #36 on: 20:01:25 - 12/03/09 »

Good tips def.  But from what I just figured out, correct me if i'm wrong.  If you do by all levels, then go to last page, you will have ppl WAY lower level.  And if you just choose a random person 2levels above you will probably get raped by #of Charms...right?
What i've been doing, and suggest.  Sort by RATING.  Then go to the last page.  Fight the highest level you can find w/the lowest ratings.  I just found several 3-4 levels above me, with 13-19 charm deck(while i have 23) and got some nice courage.

You are definitely right. Sorting by level does nothing. The note has been editted. Thanks for the warning.

p.s. For low levels (7-8ish) Eversweep and Aleas are good spot for courage level up. I think i was level 8 or something like that.
« Last Edit: 20:10:26 - 12/03/09 by Drasagoth »

Georgeliquor

• Newcomer
« Reply #37 on: 22:24:07 - 01/13/10 »
this has been touched upon, but a character should strive to use food and skill reward stat pts. as the only progress made toward the next level during levels 20-40.. this is to ensure you gain as much HP from skill ranking to stay competitive in PVP.. its easy to have the same charms as high rated players but HP makes a difference when they start getting 100pts higher than you..  my first character didn't get this memo (george)..  estiah rewards those that take their time..

Blacksol

• Faithful
« Reply #38 on: 01:23:48 - 01/14/10 »
this has been touched upon, but a character should strive to use food and skill reward stat pts. as the only progress made toward the next level during levels 20-40.. this is to ensure you gain as much HP from skill ranking to stay competitive in PVP.. its easy to have the same charms as high rated players but HP makes a difference when they start getting 100pts higher than you..  my first character didn't get this memo (george)..  estiah rewards those that take their time..

While I agree with this sentiment, on both my guys I found appropriate jobs needed to be done in late teens and late twenties to get right stats for next class.  Also looking ahead, to reach L40 I need about 230 stat points on both that cannot be provided by skills (and stat food is expensive).  So jobs need to be done but at the right times.

Taking your time also allows dungeons to be farmed for the charms you need/want.

Azncat41

• Newcomer
  • Life is Good. Enjoy it. :)
« Reply #39 on: 21:50:56 - 02/16/10 »
I'm looking for a walkthrough but I think this will help me so thanks a lot.  :)

Dudeth

• Newcomer
  • A Gamer through and through since 1990
« Reply #40 on: 05:43:22 - 03/07/10 »
I've just read through this thread, thanks for all the help and advice im sure it will not only help me in the future  :o but also begin to make more sense as i play more  ;D Only been playing 2 days and seems like ive already made mistakes, im lvl4 and dont believe i can do the rats again, Please will someone correct me if im wrong.

thanks again

Toben

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #41 on: 07:35:20 - 03/07/10 »
Only been playing 2 days and seems like ive already made mistakes, im lvl4 and dont believe i can do the rats again, Please will someone correct me if im wrong.

It's pretty much impossible to make any serious mistakes in the first two days. And you can do the rats again, you can clear out the sewers (or any other dungeon) once every 12 hours, so you probably just need to wait a little while.

Aplsos

• Bunny Cultist
  • i feel the ghosts screaming phoenix inside me
« Reply #42 on: 07:35:50 - 03/07/10 »
You mean the Inachis Sewers?  You can still go through the dungeon and collect charms, you just won't get any skills besides Sewer Cleaner from it anymore when you're level 4 and above.

Cygax

• Adventurer
« Reply #43 on: 02:44:55 - 03/23/10 »
I've only been playing a week, but I am pretty sure you can still get skill ups in the sewers at level 5...  The sewers are level 2, and as long as you are within 3 levels you get skill ups, right?

Sparky

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
  • ◄◄Wishmaster►►
    • RealmOfDreams
« Reply #44 on: 03:25:35 - 03/23/10 »
I've only been playing a week, but I am pretty sure you can still get skill ups in the sewers at level 5...  The sewers are level 2, and as long as you are within 3 levels you get skill ups, right?
It's true but it's not about the dungeon's average level exactly but more precisely the monsters you fight, eg if the dungeon is "lvl 15" but you beat lvl 14 mobs while being lvl 18 you won't get any skill.
[15:57]   <Evangeline88>   nah, Slyguy is exceptional ... he can deal with everyone easily?

http://tinyurl.com/2b52xar

Mac OS X 10.9.3 / Firefox 30.0