Author Topic: New Player - Warden or Hierarch for T3??  (Read 6821 times)

Ueberio

• Newcomer
Re: New Player - Warden or Hierarch for T3??
« Reply #15 on: 12:10:30 - 10/22/13 »
Quazee, I compiled some info from the wiki and see 1829 charms out of which 407 have skill restrictions.  Posting from the peanut gallery i think you mean ~1400 charms of which one can have sets of 5 by the time you hit level 50. i say that because 1829 total charms less 407 skill restricted charms makes 1420 charms covering 50 levels and accomodating 24 specializations.  yep, i think that's what you mean. :)

here's ocd type detail how these break down

level-range | total charms | skill restricted charms

01..04 45 - 0
05..09 77 - 0
10..14 96 - 4
15..19 133 - 3
20..24 161 - 21
25..29 166 - 30
30..34 192 - 42
35..39 180 - 30
40..44 437 - 103
45..49 251 - 130
50..51 91 - 44

ok, now for a real question ... why does everyone say that specialization isn't terribly important?  is the middle game such a muddle?

i'm 5 weeks into the game with 5 guys. one's the explorer, he's the first one with a 2 day head-start, the others just grind what he works out. I've not been performing jobs, instead i farm for loot and craft what i can while staying at level 9 .... so you could say i'm trying to 'complete' while i wrap my head around the next steps.. like planning out what to craft and where and when .. for the next few character levels.  its a low stress game for sure, but i'm seeing the need to specialize soon  cause .. well ... there's 96+133= *329* charms coming up between levels 10 and 19!   <-- what i call a muddle!

I know i'm late to the party and early in my game, but don't you think its viable to specialize on charms the play to each guy's stats already?

I found the 'available skills' add-on (here's a short lived url to my current state http://dotrealm.pl/estiah/skills/Ueberio/cdc35b8644/ )  ... and care only about the last line of the summary.

Character growth/level bonus
dex   pow   int   con   hp   spi
+13   +4   +10   +7   +49   +4

here is where i think the real leveling that comes from jobs gets tracked. once i decided the roles in my crew i used what few jobs i did to (almost) balance these to 4:3:2:2 for everyone. i think the rest will fill in by the end since eventually .. from what i gather .. i'll need to have all the skills maxxed out, but with most of them, that not too hard.   ... but if i don't pay attention to where the job-skills go in that summary, that is, if i play to the front-page-stats, i can gank my guys so that they will need massive work to play, or even qualify for t3 stuff.

am i just beeing to noob-cautious here?

Powerslave

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #16 on: 16:29:11 - 10/22/13 »
why does everyone say that specialization isn't terribly important?  is the middle game such a muddle?
Specialization isn't terribly important - it's not even a must: see e.g. Qwazee (among others) - he's an adventurer (T0) and he's doing pretty well.

However, specialization helps you on your way to the top, and - as already mentioned before - it will help you to get better than the average in certain strategies. For example me - being a berserker - I can tank very well if needed, but I can also use magic cpb/spirit/banes/summons/etc. successfuly. Obviously, summoners will be better at summons, inquisitors will be better with spirit, pyros with magic, etc. because of their class-restricted charms.

Ueberio

• Newcomer
« Reply #17 on: 17:25:28 - 10/22/13 »
Specialization isn't terribly important - it's not even a must: see e.g. Qwazee (among others) - he's an adventurer (T0) and he's doing pretty well.

now that _is one clever guy!  he can skip looking at any of the 377 class-specific charms and make a game with the remaining 570 lvl40+ charms.  so, cool, i buy that its not needed at all and i'll shut up now, lol. but my mind's going more toward specializing with the fewest amount of potions and stat-boosters, spending the growth points against that stat line i showed.  i hope that works.

p.s. i chose hierarch

Ueberio

• Newcomer
« Reply #18 on: 17:30:54 - 10/22/13 »
In PvP, Wardens and Slayers make excellent tanks, Hierarchs as well but with less debuff/counters (though Sage Sparkling Web (for fools who didn't go Cleric)

What makes a Sage/Hierarch a fool?

Zenetar

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #19 on: 18:25:14 - 10/22/13 »
Nothing, I guess Sparky is just a Fat Persian Cat Troll

Sparky

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
  • ◄◄Wishmaster►►
    • RealmOfDreams
« Reply #20 on: 03:17:14 - 10/23/13 »
In PvP, Wardens and Slayers make excellent tanks, Hierarchs as well but with less debuff/counters (though Sage Sparkling Web (for fools who didn't go Cleric)

Take "fool" as in, mocked by the society, not as in a bad choice. I was just hinting at the fact that back in my day, Cleric was the obvious path for wannabe Hierarchs, this making the few ones who chose otherwise "fools". The Sage path is quite cool too though, Sage Sparkling Web is nice, as mentioned above.

PS: I'm all for fools, I went Sage - Slayer and back then, most Slayers would go the Shaman path for banes (and spirit). ;)
[15:57]   <Evangeline88>   nah, Slyguy is exceptional ... he can deal with everyone easily?

http://tinyurl.com/2b52xar

Mac OS X 10.9.3 / Firefox 30.0

Uraxor

• Faithful
« Reply #21 on: 08:01:43 - 10/23/13 »

Take "fool" as in, mocked by the society, not as in a bad choice. I was just hinting at the fact that back in my day, Cleric was the obvious path for wannabe Hierarchs, this making the few ones who chose otherwise "fools". The Sage path is quite cool too though, Sage Sparkling Web is nice, as mentioned above.

PS: I'm all for fools, I went Sage - Slayer and back then, most Slayers would go the Shaman path for banes (and spirit). ;)

So if it was Hierarch <- Cleric & Slayer <- Shaman and I would wager that Pyromaniac <- Wizard ... where is the poor Sage? :(

Ueberio

• Newcomer
« Reply #22 on: 15:14:20 - 10/23/13 »
.. Sage Sparkling Web is nice, as mentioned above.

thanks! 

picked novice->sage->hierarch for being a straight 'grow the same attribute set' path for my idea of a 'pure attributes squad'.  maybe in E2 we can manage squads like that with 1 login.

Sparky

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
  • ◄◄Wishmaster►►
    • RealmOfDreams
« Reply #23 on: 17:24:46 - 10/23/13 »

So if it was Hierarch <- Cleric & Slayer <- Shaman and I would wager that Pyromaniac <- Wizard ... where is the poor Sage? :(
Novice was the joke T1 back then, before the "Elite" T1, T2 and T3 charms were introduced.
[15:57]   <Evangeline88>   nah, Slyguy is exceptional ... he can deal with everyone easily?

http://tinyurl.com/2b52xar

Mac OS X 10.9.3 / Firefox 30.0