Author Topic: Priority list:charm or skill?(for new player)  (Read 2617 times)

Oilyprawn

• Newcomer
Priority list:charm or skill?(for new player)
« on: 14:53:34 - 03/09/13 »
I am a new player to estiah. I have read some guide on forum and knew that i should not lv up so fast. So i need to level up my skill 1st or grinding for charm 1st? If level up the skill is more important, what skill should i level up 1st?(currently i am lv 8)

P/S: Sorry if my grammar is poor, english is not my native language.

Sparky

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
  • ◄◄Wishmaster►►
    • RealmOfDreams
Re: Priority list:charm or skill?(for new player)
« Reply #1 on: 14:57:17 - 03/09/13 »
Typically you want to do both at the same time: run dungeons to find more charms, gain fighting skills while doing these dungeons. No specific order really, just try to get the skills you have charms for (ie Sword is easy at the beginning because you have Wooden Sword) then as much as possible once you master a skill to Rank 1 (you can't start working on Rank 2 till you're lvl 10) swap out the charms of its runes (for instance, Wooden Sword if you've just mastered Sword R1) for charms that will let you master skills you don't have yet.
[15:57]   <Evangeline88>   nah, Slyguy is exceptional ... he can deal with everyone easily?

http://tinyurl.com/2b52xar

Mac OS X 10.9.3 / Firefox 30.0

Oilyprawn

• Newcomer
« Reply #2 on: 15:02:40 - 03/09/13 »
Some skill such as heroism, is hard to master. Do you have any tips for master those skill?(Heroism, courage, survival)

I also cannot complete the lv10 Dungeon. It is too hard for me. :(

Sparky

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
  • ◄◄Wishmaster►►
    • RealmOfDreams
« Reply #3 on: 15:08:13 - 03/09/13 »
You can easily get heroism in some specific fights, for instance later on there'll be the "The Game" dungeon in Eclis, whose boss fight is pretty hard but the previous ones are very easy, so it's a good place to farm heroism. Courage will require you to have quite good charms but you can usually do it if you target players with low rating. Now survival can be very tricky, when you have a wide enough charms selection you can try to find an almost-perfect setup against a specific arena monster, trying to get points in survival at least 50% of the time.
Overall though, if you're having trouble, you probably need to farm some lower level dungeons that you have skipped or where you haven't got all the charms, also look out for crafted charms in cities as those can be quite powerful.
[15:57]   <Evangeline88>   nah, Slyguy is exceptional ... he can deal with everyone easily?

Oilyprawn

• Newcomer
« Reply #4 on: 15:11:57 - 03/09/13 »
Other than skill and charm, other things such as PvP or gathering is important?

Sparky

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
  • ◄◄Wishmaster►►
    • RealmOfDreams
« Reply #5 on: 15:21:05 - 03/09/13 »
PvP is important as the soul you gather when you win in PvP allow you to craft powerful charms in Inachis, Lumina or Zeal (same PvP charms in the three cities).

Gathering has some skills that are cool (especially "extreme" condenser/herbalist/logger/miner, as they give HP) and also Exploring, which is not only a good skill because it gives you extra HP but also lets you discover some "secret" events and crafting shops where you can get cool charms.

Oilyprawn

• Newcomer
« Reply #6 on: 15:27:39 - 03/09/13 »
Thank you Sparky, your tips have enlightened me. I think i can spend my AP wisely by using the tips that you have given to me.

Powerslave

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #7 on: 22:04:18 - 03/10/13 »
You can also join a guild to get more help and (some) company. We currently have about 60 empty spots... want to join us? Send me a message in-game! ;D

Oilyprawn

• Newcomer
« Reply #8 on: 08:33:36 - 03/11/13 »
Sure! I have already sent a message to you in game.