Author Topic: Extra Action Enhancer  (Read 2585 times)

Flame123

• Wanderer
  • Brothers Until The End
Extra Action Enhancer
« on: 04:10:00 - 03/06/13 »
My idea is that maybe there could be a new ea enhancer charm. I mean there is The Hug and Kiss of Lesath which both reduce actions and only Champion's Crest (a class exclusive) that enhances them.

I was thinking of something along the lines of:

Powered Fury
20 Melee
+1 Maximum Action
Requirements:
Level 45
550 Intellect
475 Power
Flame123 uses [Black Pearl Ring]
Dreadknight Braedan takes 55 spirit damage
Flame123's willpower remains at 17
Flame123's auras duration is increased by 1 turn(s)

Dreadknight Braedan collapses of exhaustion.

Seniunas

• Wanderer
Re: Extra Action Enhancer
« Reply #1 on: 05:33:00 - 03/06/13 »
i think it would be fist charm? Int main, pow second in requirements, so 10+ charms per action for us, champions :D tempo deck would be really devastating :D

Flame123

• Wanderer
  • Brothers Until The End
« Reply #2 on: 16:49:01 - 03/06/13 »
Or it could be a Tech or Buff charm so Champions don't get the advantage of Tempo on it
Flame123 uses [Black Pearl Ring]
Dreadknight Braedan takes 55 spirit damage
Flame123's willpower remains at 17
Flame123's auras duration is increased by 1 turn(s)

Dreadknight Braedan collapses of exhaustion.

Seniunas

• Wanderer
« Reply #3 on: 17:35:38 - 03/06/13 »
tempo isn't class charm, so advantage on it gets all, just like now we have with crest. Non fist it would be just useless, can't imagine any deck where it would be really efficient. Auras deck with kiai? Nah, because of auras mechanics, they just won't trigger after kiai is triggered on same action. Tons of EA? Nah, EA have low base dmg and cpb greatly reduced. Even in tempo deck it will be crap, because tempo get triggered only by fists, so non fist charms aren;t good for it

Sparky

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
  • ◄◄Wishmaster►►
    • RealmOfDreams
« Reply #4 on: 17:52:48 - 03/06/13 »
Banes are potent enough as they are, we don't need to improve them, so I don't think this charm is a good idea. Besides, it does pretty much the same as what a class-restricted Crest does, which doesn't really fit.
Last, consider the difference between defense and attack. The Hug and Kiss of Lesath are defensive, playing them works well against EAs-heavy decks but The Hug is definitely a weak charm against a deck with little to no EAs. Meanwhile, when you play your Champion's Crest you do know you'll use it to its full potential as your deck is based around it. You cannot compare the EA reducers and the EA enhancer.
« Last Edit: 17:54:59 - 03/06/13 by Sparky »
[15:57]   <Evangeline88>   nah, Slyguy is exceptional ... he can deal with everyone easily?

http://tinyurl.com/2b52xar

Mac OS X 10.9.3 / Firefox 30.0

Gabbin

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #5 on: 18:19:02 - 03/06/13 »
Dammit... another idea for a new fight...
Everythings easier in pseudocode!

Seniunas

• Wanderer
« Reply #6 on: 18:23:23 - 03/06/13 »
can you me explain why for banes deck need more actions? do they get dizzy often?  :o

Sparky

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
  • ◄◄Wishmaster►►
    • RealmOfDreams
« Reply #7 on: 18:28:25 - 03/06/13 »
can you me explain why for banes deck need more actions? do they get dizzy often?  :o
Banes deck wouldn't use this charm.
I'm talking about the metagame: if you add a charm that's good for EA-heavy decks, you'll have more people using EA-heavy decks, so overall bane decks will have a higher win-rate because there'll be more players playing decks that lose very often to banes.

Pretty much the same way adding Null Barbs amounted to a buff to spirit decks, because with Null Barbs a lot of people played the Null Barbs shortdeck and thus made spirit more successful overall.
[15:57]   <Evangeline88>   nah, Slyguy is exceptional ... he can deal with everyone easily?

http://tinyurl.com/2b52xar

Mac OS X 10.9.3 / Firefox 30.0

Seniunas

• Wanderer
« Reply #8 on: 18:56:44 - 03/06/13 »
anyway it would be short-time effect, i'm using tempo and from my own experience can say, it weak strategy, atleast without some of my class charms i would get smashed very often, as for banes, they aren't so bad encounter, forest medicine and photolinked handgrips can save the day, but i lost pretty much every time to radiant aegis and null barbs short decks