Author Topic: Scout > assasin and long break  (Read 4686 times)

Dizzydom

• Newcomer
Scout > assasin and long break
« on: 11:38:14 - 03/04/13 »
Hello. I had long break from estiah. Now i have problem to level my skills and kill anything. Im just level 22 scout with stats : 268  HIT POINTS, 62 POWER,155 DEXTERITY, 31 SPIRIT, 60 CONSTITUTION, 94 INTELLECT.  This skills : https://dl.dropbox.com/u/14528373/ORTO.jpg

and my most attack charms are with summary : (31 charms)
Melee: 282 (16% P), destroy 23 armor
Magic: 162 + 22 (10% P), destroy 12 ward

Extra attacks: 6

Could u reccomend me path of evolving and some charms which i should buy ? And ofcourse tell me palce to train my character.

Thanks for your answers.

Powerslave

• Bunny Cultist
Re: Scout > assasin and long break
« Reply #1 on: 12:40:18 - 03/04/13 »
Master your skills, more at a time: fight arena mobs to have a constant win rate and tweak your gear to your needs (epic example). This will improve your stats, so you can start using more charms.

DON'T DO ANY JOBS (other than messenger/conveyor).

Get more charms by farming the necessary dungeons, buying the best available vendor charms, and crafting the ones that you need most.

Read some topics in the Beginner tips section.

Use the wiki a lot.

Use scripts to help you.
« Last Edit: 12:46:32 - 03/04/13 by Powerslave »

Dizzydom

• Newcomer
« Reply #2 on: 13:15:30 - 03/04/13 »
why i shouldnt do any job other than conveyors/messengers? They dont give me any stats , hope you can explain me that. i've tried kill black panther, and my win rate is about 60%. could you show me or build some good charms at my level? 23-25

Powerslave

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #3 on: 14:42:29 - 03/04/13 »
why i shouldnt do any job other than conveyors/messengers? They dont give me any stats , hope you can explain me that.

Yes, jobs give you stats (unless you reached the max character growth, which is not likely at your level...)

i've tried kill black panther, and my win rate is about 60%. could you show me or build some good charms at my level? 23-25

Try black panther with a gear of exactly 25 charms (no extra actions): include 5x steel legplates, probably some more armor (let's say another 5 charms), and any other charms that have a rune you want to train (let's say 5 charms per rune, at least). Dual rune charms are the best (if you have any), like shocking hand axe (lightning/axe), etc. Your damage output doesn't really matter - you don't have to kill the panther - you need to exhaust him...

Seniunas

• Wanderer
« Reply #4 on: 14:44:35 - 03/04/13 »
jobs make you level faster, but you don't want it - higher lvl means you have to fight stronger monsters, because you get exp only if monsters lvl is no more than 3 lvl lower than yours

Sparky

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
  • ◄◄Wishmaster►►
    • RealmOfDreams
« Reply #5 on: 15:16:17 - 03/04/13 »
I think Dizzydom is entitled a more in-depth answer.

Basically the issue with Estiah is that a majority of players such as you are used to thinking "higher level = more powerful". But if you consider mechanics in Estiah, leveling up only earns you a bit of HP and spirit. Meanwhile what really matters, is your charms collection. If you level up too fast, you'll end up at lvl 30 using charms barely good at lvl 20. Charms you buy at the Vendor's shops in cities are really terrible and only ever useful if you need to level up a specific fighting skill in the arena. Now what's good is charms dropped in dungeons, and even more so crafted charms. Those are the ones you want to collect. So typically, you want to slow down your leveling to get as many charms at your level and even of the next levels as possible, so when you level up you can directly use decks decent enough at this new level.
What's more, you can easily gain levels through skills alone at this stage, especially if you've already done a lot of jobs so far, you will have plenty available skills. Don't try to think too hard about meeting the requirements for your classes/charms, at this early stage of the game you want to master as many non-job skills as possible. You'll also notice that a handful of those will give you extra HP and spirit. Individually the HP/spirit reward of a single given skill might not seem much, but the difference becomes important when you farm several of them. And at this level, a HP difference of 50-70 is a lot in a fight.
Lastly, this method might sound slow and boring at first, but you've seen your "character growth" is capped, meaning you can only gain so many stats from jobs directly. Meanwhile stats you gain from mastering skills do not count towards this growth limit. Basically if you keep going speed-leveling mostly with jobs, you'll hit a wall around lvl 43-47 where your only way of gaining stats anymore will be skills and the daily elixir giving you +1 in the stat of your choice. And mastering skills once you're already at a high level is a big pain. On the other hand if you take your time farming dungeons for charms, you can also use this opportunity to master skills while farming these (Arena is really redundant, you can optimize your AP and do very well without ever having to fight arena mobs) and you'll have some growth left at the higher levels, so you won't be behind the speed-levelers at all, all the contrary actually. They'll also find it much more difficult to keep on advancing with their dire charms collection while your exhaustive collection will allow for a lot of flexibility to beat dungeons: they become more complex and technical at higher levels and just using daggers because you're an assassin and like daggers will not work at all, you'll be forced to think and use a variety of charms. And then you can use your jobs to gain stats and adjust them to fit your high level charms' requirements more easily, since you'll have mastered most skills already, so you'll adapt according to these (while on the other hand, if you've hit your char growth limit and have only skills left to level up, adjusting will be a long, annoying path).

Just to show the difference between chars leveling slowly and those trying to rush through, at your level (notice the difference in HP, Spirit, charms collection and skills mastered):

If you have more questions/anything you didn't understand, don't hesitate asking here.  :)
[15:57]   <Evangeline88>   nah, Slyguy is exceptional ... he can deal with everyone easily?

http://tinyurl.com/2b52xar

Mac OS X 10.9.3 / Firefox 30.0

Uraxor

• Faithful
« Reply #6 on: 21:58:12 - 03/04/13 »
Amazing job, Sparky.

That should be stickified somewhere!

Powerslave

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #7 on: 00:02:50 - 03/05/13 »
Oh, yeah, and one of the best tips ever: join a guild!

We (Lunatics) happen to have a few empty spots (about 60 ;-) and fresh meatplayers are always welcome!

Dizzydom

• Newcomer
« Reply #8 on: 10:57:45 - 03/05/13 »
Thanks for everyone, especially Sparky. You told me how shitty i was :P now ill try not to level only to master some skills. Now i must dig wiki and see which skills should i learn.
to be honest i decided to make new char, too much to do with this one. With new char i will do evertything according guides.
« Last Edit: 11:06:27 - 03/05/13 by Dizzydom »

Powerslave

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #9 on: 14:31:49 - 03/05/13 »
Now i must dig wiki and see which skills should i learn.

You don't need to. You need to master ALL skills.

Sparky

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
  • ◄◄Wishmaster►►
    • RealmOfDreams
« Reply #10 on: 15:17:34 - 03/05/13 »
Now i must dig wiki and see which skills should i learn.
I remembered a long time ago I had started out some kind of wiki-ish site to list down useful data. It stopped pretty early but you can still find some relevant and useful information on the HP+ and Spirit+ skills you can master: https://sites.google.com/site/wandrealmofdreams/all-in-one-guide/hps-spirit-and-skills

PS: if you can't access it, just tell me, I think I made the whole thing public now but might be mistaken.
[15:57]   <Evangeline88>   nah, Slyguy is exceptional ... he can deal with everyone easily?

Dizzydom

• Newcomer
« Reply #11 on: 02:11:35 - 03/06/13 »
Hello, its me again. Could you tell me for what spirit is ? Thanks for answers!

Sparky

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
  • ◄◄Wishmaster►►
    • RealmOfDreams
« Reply #12 on: 02:20:19 - 03/06/13 »
Hello, its me again. Could you tell me for what spirit is ? Thanks for answers!
Spirit describes how many charms you're allowed to have in your deck. During a fight, if your deck wears out and you haven't killed your opponent, you'll lose by exhaustion, so having more spirit does help, especially when some charms (Spirit charms) can directly discard your own charms during a fight.

Generic

• Faithful
    • Alternative Heroes Forums
« Reply #13 on: 02:22:50 - 03/06/13 »
Your spirit is the maximum number of charms in your deck at any given time.
lol what are you big retard merton ?