Author Topic: Warden or Slayer?  (Read 2654 times)

Hellios

• Newcomer
Warden or Slayer?
« on: 20:01:14 - 12/24/12 »
Hello, so I am preety much set-up on going Scout-Shaman, but I am not sure which T3 I'd want to build for. Originally, Warden was my first pick, since I like the idea of using defences for damage. However, on the other hand I am worried that the class wont offer much space for creativity and do almost same thing all the time. My other pick is Slayer and even though I dont understand exactly what Slayer does when checking it's charms, Ive read this, which got me insanely interested in this class:
- Slayers are the best. It's just that their awesomeness is reversely proportional to the percentage of people able to play them efficiently enough. Complex class with no obvious strategy and very demanding too, you'll need a wicked mind to design strategies out of their charms, along with deviously unconventional thinking. They also have it hard in the earlier stages of the game (especially if you take the best path which ends up being Novice -> Sage -> Slayer, scout path is easy as hell early on but in the end you'll just be an ersatz of an Inquisitor if you take the Scout -> Shaman -> Slayer road). If anything, I can tell the effort is damn worth it as playing style-wise the experience of being a high-end Slayer can't compare to that of any other class, as it's totally unique.

Bazabaza

• Bunny Cultist
Re: Warden or Slayer?
« Reply #1 on: 23:50:58 - 12/24/12 »
When reading Sparky's posts, keep in mind that he's the ultimate slayer fanatic, slayers are his secret fetish (except he's not actually keeping it a secret, which makes it even worse :D). But after you tone down some of those overstatements, you are left with a pretty accurate description of the class. Wardens can use some similar strategies as slayers, but as you noted, they are more defensive. There are quite a few other topics in this part of the forum about slayers and wardens that you can check out. But in the end it's up to your play style, and what suits you most.

Misha

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #2 on: 08:42:52 - 12/31/12 »
Every class has room for creativity.  I'm a summoner and have played twinblade decks (which is about as opposite from earth as you can get) along with other wacky stuff.  Anyone who tells you some class will lack in creative strategies is not a very creative player.

Sparky

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
  • ◄◄Wishmaster►►
    • RealmOfDreams
« Reply #3 on: 11:28:25 - 12/31/12 »
Every class has room for creativity.  I'm a summoner and have played twinblade decks (which is about as opposite from earth as you can get) along with other wacky stuff.  Anyone who tells you some class will lack in creative strategies is not a very creative player.
QFT

Though Slayer is totally the best. But then again, Warden is like super awesome too. Also Misha is cheating, she uses a Summoner and they're a lot of fun, nothing like boring Pyros and Zerks! But then again, you could have fun with an Adventurer and devise incongruously unexpected strategies as well, so don't let classes worry you so much.
[15:57]   <Evangeline88>   nah, Slyguy is exceptional ... he can deal with everyone easily?

http://tinyurl.com/2b52xar

Mac OS X 10.9.3 / Firefox 30.0

Astrolabia

• Veteran
  • Faithful
  • underdog's lifestream
« Reply #4 on: 03:40:33 - 01/04/13 »
before radiant aegis came out i was running melee decks far more often than i ran magic; for the matter I'm a warden.

so take that as you will, at some point class name just really affect what class charm you can use, and there is pretty much endless possibility for strategy as long as you don't mind losing every so often
the former kyoudou
the apprentice kuonhime