Author Topic: Newbie aspiring to be Acolyte/Monk/Champion  (Read 2949 times)

Caindarkk

• Newcomer
Newbie aspiring to be Acolyte/Monk/Champion
« on: 15:30:07 - 12/13/12 »
I recently started playing this game and I got to admit as far as browser games go this one's great!
As the title says i'm aspiring to be a Champion (someday). I'm a total noob in this game so please bear with me and any stupid questions i may ask.

I'm lvl 5 (6/10) now, my stats and skills:
STATS:
Character growth (24/900)
62 HIT POINTS
10 POWER
4 DEXTERITY
20 SPIRIT
8 CONSTITUTION
11 INTELLECT

SKILLS:
http://imageshack.us/f/35/skillsq.jpg/

I need someone to give me a direction to follow, like:
- I read, I shouldn't do jobs now but wait for later
- I should focus on dungeons and pvp, but what about arena?
- what skills are must haves
- what should I avoid, neglect, ignore?

I thank everybody in advance, for their advice and tips!

Uraxor

• Faithful
Re: Newbie aspiring to be Acolyte/Monk/Champion
« Reply #1 on: 18:00:39 - 12/13/12 »
Well to begin with, try reading some of the threads here, you might find your questions answered among them!

http://forum.estiah.com/index.php?topic=6211.0
http://forum.estiah.com/index.php?topic=6215.0
http://forum.estiah.com/index.php?topic=6043.0

just the top page. try getting through few and if you still have questions afterwards go ahead :)

in general;
- pick dominant stat, charm class you want to go with (gearing it towards Champ), try getting stats to be able to use charms of the chosen class as you level into them.
- no, jobs count towards limited growth - it's better to save them for later, now you have plenty of skills to master which you should focus on first
- as to which - you want to get as many +HP skills as possible, it gives distinctible advantage. also the spirit ones are nice. and you will want those of the chosen charm class and similar simply to keep your stats right
- arena is for grinding (HP skills primarily). PvP = achievements, some very nice charms. dungeons = plenty of other charms. wiki them so that you know exactly what you want and where to get it. multitasking encouraged: doing more dungs, or dung + arena/gathering or such. keep your APs below 300 to avoid losing any. (you start getting less at higher amounts of APs amassed)
- ignore pets, unless you have plenty of gold, time and are prepared to put a lot of effort in to get any outcome.. [iunno, in this game.. you should try everything and see what u like]

Bazabaza

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #2 on: 18:07:51 - 12/13/12 »
bah, ninja'd again. well, at the risk of repeating everything already said, since I've already got it written, I'm posting my reply anyways:

1.) yes that is good advice. if you work a job every day, you will level up too fast to be able to farm good skills and charms, meaning everyone and their grandmas will be able to defeat you easily, until you finally have enough of it and decide to farm up the charms and skills. so yeah if you dont care about having a harder time at lower levels, you can leave the skill/charm farming for later, but it helps a lot in pvp and in dungeons so its better to do it asap and leave the jobs for later.
2.) arena is mostly used to farm skills, and gold. the monsters are easy to defeat and you can study their decks (check the wiki) to customize your own deck for maximum skill gain
3.) any skill that gives HP and spirit
4.) nothing really, apart from leaving jobs till later (and using them to adjust your stats when needed, or to gain a skill that's required for some charms), you should try out every aspect of the game (dungeons, pvp, guilds, pet racing/fighting, coliseum, etc), you may find it fun, and if not you can always stop doing it :)

PS: its novice, not acolyte :P also, novice and monk are not that great classes, you may want to consider going the fighter/mercenary route, although people who actually have champion characters could probably offer better insight about that.

Gilart

• Adventurer
« Reply #3 on: 19:34:29 - 12/13/12 »
I offer no advice, just my perspective.

I am pushing to lvl10 just so I can participate more in my Guild related tasks.  Also, since you can't store job runs like AP to my knowledge, you could severely delay your arrival to peak level it would seem.

Seniunas

• Wanderer
« Reply #4 on: 20:08:10 - 12/13/12 »
i'm a novice->monk->champ, so i can tell a bit about it. For stats Int and Pow should be yours first choise, but don't forget and others, you need them later, because dungs requires different taktics, so different types of runes in your gears. Next, you must train your fist skill, it's main champs weapon. Novice-> Monk way is easier, because you can keep your Int main, and pow secondary stat, but being novice and monk is boring, weak and useless class charms in later game, just cleanse charms is nice. Recruit->mercenary way is harder, pow is your main and you need lots of int to become champ, but merc has some nice class charms. As for jobs, i am not so categoricaly against them, do them when you feel you ready for higher lvl dungs and confront higher lvl players.

Bazabaza

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #5 on: 23:16:43 - 12/13/12 »
I found that being ready for higher level dungeons and higher level players more often means having enough spirit/hp and charms, rather than being the same level as they are :) if you are well farmed, you can take down players of much higher levels than yourself. similarly, a well farmed player will have an easier time at dungeons than a poorly equipped higher level character, with the exception that you have to be no more than 5 levels below the recommended dungeon level to even attempt it, so in that regard I agree that doing jobs is a quick way to get into the dungeon's level range, but then again you would probably be better off to just farm some more skills and charms while you reach the required level :)

as for delaying your arrival to peak levels, yes you most certainly do that by skipping jobs, and there's no harm in in. the peak levels will still be there (pretty much unchanged might I add :)) whenever you get there, and there will be plenty of time to do your jobs then. if you want to get there fast anyway, keep doing jobs, however most players who leveled up quickly will tell you that they realized they need to go back and farm more charms/skills anyway, so you might as well do it sooner rather than later, and enjoy the advantages throughout your "career" instead of just at the peak levels :) (note: yes I do understand some players simply dont care about anything between level 1-50 and just want to get there as fast as possible, and that's fine too, but I personally enjoyed the ride at least as much as the destination :))
also: you cant really store AP either, normally you get 20 per 2 hours but after you have 300 APs stored, you will get less and less, and cap out at 1200 after 7 days. Ideally you shouldnt let your AP "reserve" ever get higher than 300.

Uraxor

• Faithful
« Reply #6 on: 01:43:08 - 12/14/12 »
I am not sure at what level this kicks in, but all (except for the l50+ and maybe Prelex) dungeons and most of the exploration sites can actually be mastered those 5 levels below. It's quite fun, figuring the dungeon out with the limited charm collection. And it doubles when ur trying for achievements.
That's what I was doing, anyway. Farmed the dungeon(s) 5 levels above me and then moved on. Gives you really strong advantage of perfect skill mastery and getting all the charms available right when you reach their level (provided you get the stats right).  :-*
You can trace quite a lot of threads and replays around, focusing on this 0:-)

Caindarkk

• Newcomer
« Reply #7 on: 03:22:01 - 12/14/12 »
Thanks people! I'll try to use ur advice to the fullest!
Any further comments are always welcome!
Thanks again!