Author Topic: Paladin-esque  (Read 8801 times)

Uraxor

• Faithful
Re: Paladin-esque
« Reply #30 on: 17:50:49 - 12/13/12 »
Quite frankly, Homan's longstanding issue is that it requires Sapphires; Marfik/Alcyone are simply better in the grand scheme of things, and Adhara makes auras even more ridiculous in PvE (and pre-51 PvP). It's really that bad... across the ~15 level 50+ characters that I currently maintain, I don't have access to a single set of Homan. Nope, I'm not kidding. :]

yeah Sapphires are the biggest pain in tha a--e out of all gems by far.
that's why I desire the 4 Sapphire charms the most :(

Astrolabia

• Veteran
  • Faithful
  • underdog's lifestream
« Reply #31 on: 03:26:10 - 12/14/12 »

i have 5 alcyones, 2 marfiks and 3 adharas and 2 homan :V i guess I am lucky?

across the ~15 level 50+ characters that I currently maintain, I don't have access to a single set of Homan. Nope, I'm not kidding. :]

can't say I blame you, I only crafted Homan because it was literally the only Lv50 epic I was capable of using at the time when I was doing Unbound.
After that I just kinda forgot about it because it was so lack-luster
the former kyoudou
the apprentice kuonhime

Powerslave

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #32 on: 09:45:46 - 12/14/12 »

I seem to have a problem collecting emerald shards (and those bloody shadow furs) - I'm missing 8 of the emerald charms, while I miss only 1-2 from the other sets...

Astrolabia

• Veteran
  • Faithful
  • underdog's lifestream
« Reply #33 on: 12:22:31 - 12/14/12 »
I seem to have a problem collecting emerald shards (and those bloody shadow furs) - I'm missing 8 of the emerald charms, while I miss only 1-2 from the other sets...

This.

Fuck Shadow Furs man.
the former kyoudou
the apprentice kuonhime

Uraxor

• Faithful
« Reply #34 on: 13:24:13 - 12/14/12 »
Shadow Furs drop all right in Zeal for me .. (less than a week for set) besides you only need 10 of them, unlike 25 Sapphires.

I am a bit suprised people craft <5 copies, I always farm enough materials to get all 5 of the given charm. Takes ages, but I don't have to go back to the same thing .. :o

Medefe

• Faithful
« Reply #35 on: 16:38:18 - 12/14/12 »
Shadow Furs drop all right in Zeal for me .. (less than a week for set) besides you only need 10 of them, unlike 25 Sapphires.

I am a bit suprised people craft <5 copies, I always farm enough materials to get all 5 of the given charm. Takes ages, but I don't have to go back to the same thing .. :o
Yeah, same here.

Quazee

• Faithful
« Reply #36 on: 09:28:00 - 12/17/12 »
Good news, everyone! It turns out that Doctor Zruda does have a full set of Homan, thus we (myself/Z) can conduct a research on how well does Homan fare against spirit. As it's rather evident that Homan works better in the level 50 bracket (i.e. before Alcyone/NB become common), we need two decks that should follow these constraints.

Spirit deck :
1. Level 50, no Tygann.
2. As most level 50 spirit users dump Constitution, no Deep Corruption.
3. Full deck. Liberal use of EAs is fine, but don't go overboard; the deck should still have a chance against other spirit decks in a hypothetical Coliseum.
4. No class charms. Sorry, MaceFelt (ab)users.
5. No tailored decks. Don't even think of including Magebane Poison, in a hypothetical Coliseum you wouldn't face just magic decks.
6. Both Acamar/Algorab are fair game.

Magic deck :
1. Level 50, no Sutrenas.
2. One of the primary attributes should be dumped. Don't even think of including both Sirius/Matar, along Homan; the same goes for the Algol/Matar pair.
3. Full deck. Liberal use of EAs is fine.
4. No class charms. Sorry, IceTomb-ing freaks.
5. No tailored decks. Don't even think of including Crown of Prestige, in a hypothetical Coliseum you wouldn't face just spirit decks.
6. Homan/Alcyone (and probably Matar, as a higher Dexterity unlocks Frozen Dawn/Taste of the First Snow) are fair game.
7. You'll need 565 Constitution for Homan. If you follow the Power route for Algol/Sirius, FD/TotFS(/Matar/Blades of Sleet) are verboten.

That much said, be creative. If there won't be any deck suggestions, Z/myself will take the bitter pill and assemble the decks ourselves - but avoiding the potential bias would be preferable.