Author Topic: Hypothetical merger between KD and AH: debate  (Read 7993 times)

Coercion

• Newcomer
Re: Hypothetical merger between KD and AH: debate
« Reply #15 on: 18:11:12 - 09/21/12 »
It really is too bad that so many of the active players would be concentrated in one guild.

Let's say, hypothetically, that there are players in KD that I actively dislike or don't end up getting along with.  My options for dealing with that are rather limited - leave the guild and stay unguilded, leave the guild and go to another one full of people I don't know, or suck it up and stay where I am.

Might end up going back to HiT.

Sparky

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
  • ◄◄Wishmaster►►
    • RealmOfDreams
« Reply #16 on: 18:17:11 - 09/21/12 »
It really is too bad that so many of the active players would be concentrated in one guild.

Let's say, hypothetically, that there are players in KD that I actively dislike or don't end up getting along with. 
Isn't that exactly the same for anyone joining a new guild? Most of our members joined us as they were guildless or as their old guild had died out, they didn't know our members yet... yes there is a risk, but I don't see how that plays against the possibility of a merger, in my opinion it's not any different from the situation when you are new and decide to join a guild.

Also, we're super lovely folks. You can't dislike us. <3
[15:57]   <Evangeline88>   nah, Slyguy is exceptional ... he can deal with everyone easily?

http://tinyurl.com/2b52xar

Mac OS X 10.9.3 / Firefox 30.0

Misha

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #17 on: 23:56:48 - 09/21/12 »
Isn't that exactly the same for anyone joining a new guild? Most of our members joined us as they were guildless or as their old guild had died out, they didn't know our members yet... yes there is a risk, but I don't see how that plays against the possibility of a merger, in my opinion it's not any different from the situation when you are new and decide to join a guild.

The difference is that someone who is joining a new guild is not losing their old guild (because they don't have one).

Rathgar

• Newcomer
« Reply #18 on: 01:45:15 - 09/22/12 »
Every single MMO I've played always equaled to more active players, more fun. This sounds like a good idea to me.

Bulwarker

• Newcomer
« Reply #19 on: 01:53:23 - 09/22/12 »
Oh hey, I should probably actually use the forum for once, since this affects WAND too! I put the link to this thread in their guild message, too, so maybe it'll get more visibility.

My opinion on this is that having a tighter-knit community is usually a good thing, as long as it's capable of incorporating new blood as well. I know that with Estiah 2 having entered open beta, getting new players for Estiah 1 won't be too easy, but if the merged guilds don't continue to grow, they'll just stagnate again eventually.

Just my two cents.

Generic

• Faithful
    • Alternative Heroes Forums
« Reply #20 on: 02:58:36 - 09/22/12 »
I'm not sure that HIT and WAND are directly impacted by this discussion.
lol what are you big retard merton ?

Astrolabia

• Veteran
  • Faithful
  • underdog's lifestream
« Reply #21 on: 03:16:48 - 09/22/12 »
A lot of Estiah 1's stagnation comes from the fact that the flow of new content is... well, it's kind of becoming slower and slower to the point where it doesn't exist.The patches between Bloody Deliverance and whatever the one before that was... I think that was Unbound. Jesus, that was a looooong time. Lez and Nip working on Estiah 2 just exacerbates this issue. It does not matter whether there is a merge or not if there's no influx of new blood coming in for purposes of experiencing the game, or being assimilated into hypothetical "new guilds." There is NO growth if that's the case.

I dont like the idea of having all the best players in the game in the same guild. Competition will become very boring. If we need a guild merge, why not merge with some of the weaker guilds instead?

Competition? What competition? There was never any real sense of competition to begin with.

Every single MMO I've played always equaled to more active players, more fun. This sounds like a good idea to me.

The main difference is that MMOs typically have a higher rate of new player recruitment. I wouldn't say the number of new ACTIVE players in Estiah 1 is a rapidly growing statistic. In fact, I'd probably say the opposite. The argument that many new players join could be made, but do they STAY? A lot of players tend to stop playing for numerous reasons. Unfortunately this is a byproduct of a lot of the fun stuff being past Lv49. :|

I'm not sure that HIT and WAND are directly impacted by this discussion.

Don't be so dismissive, the "newbie guilds" can serve as potential impetus for new blood to play the game more and get to the point where we have a more active community up at the higher level brackets. This I feel is the major concern rather than the need for a merger.

That said, I'm pretty indifferent towards the idea of a merger, I just want to make sure people understand some of the concerns behind player base growth.

the former kyoudou
the apprentice kuonhime

Howiefeltersnatch

• Wanderer
« Reply #22 on: 03:45:27 - 09/22/12 »
Much ado about nothing, I just have to say I am becoming increasingly bored with the game lately and wouldn't mind a shake up.  For me, joining a top guild kills the only motivation/fun I have left, which is to make our guild competitive with the top 2 guilds.  That being said, I would love to have a medium/higher ranked guild merge with us to increase activity and competitiveness.

Baartabah

• Newcomer
« Reply #23 on: 14:28:04 - 09/24/12 »
Hey everyone.
Sorry for the late answer, I've been a bit busy lately.

I've done a bit thinking concerning this subject and I was quite happy with the idea.
Then i read this thread and the first thing that came to my mind was "wtf ?" ...
Some of us are missing the point here, what we're discussing has very little to do with Estiah.
Here, we're talking about people.

As said, Estiah's been running in slow mo for quite a bit of time and, as a result, we're getting bored.
Once you're done with the content(be it a game or not), you're left with the community.

All of this is just about making new friends.
I'm in :).
« Last Edit: 14:31:10 - 09/24/12 by Baartabah »

Quazee

• Faithful
« Reply #24 on: 22:36:23 - 09/24/12 »
q to Sparky, over IRC : "You see, your fire has already burnt out. Mine's not looking that much better, neither. It's one of the reasons for which I prioritize the social aspect over any performance-related issues right now. That's why I'm saying <<screw ratings, screw competition, screw guild branding, let's just hang out together until the ship finally sinks>>."

Tcdd

• Newcomer
« Reply #25 on: 07:25:08 - 09/25/12 »
sorry for joining this discussion so late, but I didn't have a clear opinion about this... until now.
I am good either way, as long as I stay with some active people. so, merging looks like a little better option from this point of view -> more active people in one place.

but I want to say this: this solution is too easy - seems like giving up to me. there are other options (ditching zombies and merging with our kindergarten guilds, for example, as someone said already). if you are not concerned about ratings and competition anymore, why not letting low ranked/low leveled players in? I think, there is a lot of active players out there. if you really want fresh blood, merging AH with KD isn't going to help. it just purifies the old blood a little.

but don't take ME too seriously. I am not the active type (my first post here, btw). I am just having some fun with this game, while it lasts - so I am for merging.

Poryg

• Newcomer
« Reply #26 on: 18:30:55 - 09/27/12 »
I'm in WAND, but no matter, I guess.

I actually don't know if fusion is a good idea. Regarding competition it could be very bad, because it could make the game really boring. You know... Login, build, deplete AP... and then logout, seems really boring. But I guess it's the hard bread of 50+levels. You know... In my level I secretly (and I guess one-sidely) compete with my mentor, with my brother-in-arms and with these whom I remember from weaker levels :) Just in order to make the game more interesting for myself.

On the other hand.... Meeting new people would be an opportunity to make some friends. But still, I don't know. We don't use WAND's shoutbox to chat. And questioning private messages... Better not talking about it :)

Oh, well, I guess this post won't tell much... But I personally don't know if it's a good idea.

Uraxor

• Faithful
« Reply #27 on: 08:28:09 - 09/28/12 »
Nobody's stopping you(r guild) to merge w/ smn else to balance the scales (well at least restore them as they are now...)

and about the competition; it still is possible at l50, it's just bit more hidden. you often meet the same guys in the coli, you can compete in HP, skills, charm collection or you just run up to the guy and slash the hack out of him  :-[

Astrolabia

• Veteran
  • Faithful
  • underdog's lifestream
« Reply #28 on: 15:20:52 - 09/28/12 »
i can't get anymore HP until i reach level 52

sad days
the former kyoudou
the apprentice kuonhime

Medefe

• Faithful