Author Topic: Hypothetical merger between KD and AH: debate  (Read 7994 times)

Sparky

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
  • ◄◄Wishmaster►►
    • RealmOfDreams
Hypothetical merger between KD and AH: debate
« on: 21:38:43 - 09/19/12 »

Hello guys, so Qwazee and I have been discussing the possibility of a merger between our guilds, respectively AH (click the unicorns) and KD (click the banner). After submitting the idea to Dreamers and seeing that there were several arguments for and against, it occurred to me that it could be productive to debate about it all on the forums, so everyone can express their point of view and feeling about it and maybe we can even get ideas and suggestions to improve the current state of things and add some fun to the game through guild life.

Qwazee's arguments towards a fusion:
As it is both our guilds have a necrotizing mound of inactive zombie corpses and being in a guild with just a handful of players (note the difference between "player" and "character") isn't really fun nor attractive, it even prompts people to just quit the game altogether, thus making the guild even less active and the game even more boring. It would therefore be profitable to both to get rid of that morbid mass of idle characters and fuse together to have more fun, playing in a livelier atmosphere as well as increasing the possibilities in terms of teamwork (GvG squads, etc).

Discuss.

« Last Edit: 21:51:04 - 09/19/12 by Sparky »
[15:57]   <Evangeline88>   nah, Slyguy is exceptional ... he can deal with everyone easily?

http://tinyurl.com/2b52xar

Mac OS X 10.9.3 / Firefox 30.0

Gothmogged

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
Re: Hypothetical merger between KD and AH: debate
« Reply #1 on: 22:43:05 - 09/19/12 »
It can help revitalize moribund guilds.  Club absorbed TTBers, like Gabbin and Merton (plus alts), when TTB went largely inactive.  Various potential worries about guild leadership and/or unity never materialized, but the participants were basically mellow and compatible.   Things have been pretty good since then.

Player retirements, or semi-retirements, have degraded our active population to the point where only a half dozen players remain scattered among the alts, puppets, and zombies.  That seems to be an inevitable part of the life cycle of online games, and activity resurges with the release of new dungeons.
151 Gothmogged uses [Violette's Roses]
Gothmogged targets Root of Corruption
Root of Corruption takes 125 melee damage
Root of Corruption is defeated.
229  Gothmogged uses [Nature's Claw]
Thornscourge the Defiled takes 212 melee damage
Thornscourge the Defiled is defeated.

Generic

• Faithful
    • Alternative Heroes Forums
« Reply #2 on: 22:55:51 - 09/19/12 »
As someone who's just starting to play the game again, I like the idea.
lol what are you big retard merton ?

Eschatos

• Adventurer
« Reply #3 on: 01:12:36 - 09/20/12 »
Leadership: We don't have to do any world-breaking decisions, or do we? Other than GHP and recruitment of course.

GvG: There will be people managing squads and guild battles as there are now. The difference is we get to have active chars who can change their decks, and probably more people will get involved which is a good thing I guess.

Guild forums: Active forums, more people discussing gears and strategies for dungeons, plus the whole lot of archive the guilds already have. More people available to answer a question, form a party for a dungeon, help nail the guild contest:P

There will still be people logging in once or twice a day to do their chores, to pop a pot, queue for coli. There will still be people logged in 20 hours a day smashing their heads on Inachis Sewers.

Somebody mention silly guild chat  :o

As I see it, a merger can only add fun to the game. I'm up for it
Some they learn, some they burn...

Gabbin

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #4 on: 03:45:12 - 09/20/12 »
As someone who was initially against our guild's merger (sorry Club, I wanted my free unlimited GHP on demand for all my alts all the time!), I've been nothing but happy since it actually happened (yay Club!)!

Side note: That was almost three years ago! oh my god

Back on topic: Looking back, another argument Against was a fear of losing some kind of 'guild identity', which is pretty funny considering I usually felt like an outsider/intruder in TTB anyway!

So yeah, for those against the AH/KD merger, examine your reasons and see where they fall on the Lifeline!

!
Everythings easier in pseudocode!

Zenetar

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #5 on: 05:48:07 - 09/20/12 »
but wat happened with HiT and WAND?

Sparky

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
  • ◄◄Wishmaster►►
    • RealmOfDreams
« Reply #6 on: 05:53:38 - 09/20/12 »
but wat happened with HiT and WAND?
WAND is active and doing well, but most WANDerers are still too low level to join our ranks, they're happy staying in WAND to keep growing and learning the perks of guilds. Besides they might even have the will to just grow as an independent guild as it stands. xD
[15:57]   <Evangeline88>   nah, Slyguy is exceptional ... he can deal with everyone easily?

http://tinyurl.com/2b52xar

Mac OS X 10.9.3 / Firefox 30.0

Cavetroll

• Newcomer
« Reply #7 on: 07:42:08 - 09/20/12 »
I dont like the idea of having all the best players in the game in the same guild. Competition will become very boring. If we need a guild merge, why not merge with some of the weaker guilds instead?

Quazee

• Faithful
« Reply #8 on: 17:49:55 - 09/20/12 »
It can help revitalize moribund guilds.

Much like Club, AH isn't succumbing, it rather experiences a state of persistent undeath. In the past 18mo the number of active players stayed roughly constant. Low, but constant.

I dont like the idea of having all the best players in the game in the same guild. (I)
Competition will become very boring. (II)
If we need a guild merge (...) (III)

I. One has to be severely delusional to think that Estiah's "best players" are all flocked up in AH/KD.
II. Against whom is KD competing ? Some folks stopped caring altogether a long time ago (WPS, Club, TSO, AOTD), some folks just don't have the manpower or raw strength (OOBM, CHARM, MITBBS), leaving AH as the only meaningful option. A duet is a duet, but it sure as hell isn't a sign of a healthy GvG competition.
III. Mentioning "necessity" in the context of a fusion is a poor choice, as both sides could simply resume their slumber. The fusion isn't necessary no matter how one "stretches" the idea, but the idea itself does seem like a damned good one.

PS. Emphasizing stuff like undeath/slumber is intentional, I've been waiting for that "the sleeper has awaken" moment for quite a while.

Uraxor

• Faithful
« Reply #9 on: 18:41:00 - 09/20/12 »
Some folks stopped caring altogether a long time ago (WPS, Club, TSO, AOTD)

Might be, because it's always the same thing....; what about some GvG clash (competition)?
To stretch the amount of guilds able to compete, you could limit it to wins against guilds within certain rating at the time of fight/challenge..

Hugliston

• Adventurer
« Reply #10 on: 19:40:10 - 09/20/12 »
What about, instead of a merge, an agreement between guilds to stop sieging one another ? We could simply play battles between guilds and have more fun with it.
It doesn't require many players, can be "upgraded" if things goes fine, we could compete and use fun strat.

Generic

• Faithful
    • Alternative Heroes Forums
« Reply #11 on: 02:22:42 - 09/21/12 »
What about, instead of a merge, an agreement between guilds to stop sieging one another ? We could simply play battles between guilds and have more fun with it.
It doesn't require many players, can be "upgraded" if things goes fine, we could compete and use fun strat.

I don't see the point, really.  There's even less fun in calling a truce.

Think of it this way - let's say the merger does take place.  Where would the active players go? AH? KD? The spirit of this, I believe, is neither.

A new guild of active players starting from the bottom and dominating all the way back to the top sounds like a hell of a lot more fun to me.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
lol what are you big retard merton ?

Sniffy

• Newcomer
« Reply #12 on: 06:30:16 - 09/21/12 »
A newly-formed guild would start with room for only 10 characters, with 3 additional spaces per guild hall - a heckuva long wait list. Both Hero and KD currently have room to absorb all of each other's actives after the zombie purge, so unless a few players want to splinter off, we're looking at a merger rather than a new guild.  I'm open to a merge if it will bring more lively chat and forum activity.  However, Uraxor/Hug's suggestions for scheduling guild battles (rather than sieges) can also invigorate the game.  Hero and KD don't currently besiege each other, but we haven't yet tried requesting battles with each other (at least not in the 6 months I've been with KD). 

My 8 characters still have epics to craft and achievements to achieve, so I plan on staying happily active whichever way we go. :)
Sniffy|Boozie|Goodbyekitty|Snifford|Ihasaflavor|Stinkkitty|Surrept

Eschatos

• Adventurer
« Reply #13 on: 15:48:45 - 09/21/12 »
I thought the point of this was to bring the players together, not the characters :P Like, keep the alts in AH and KD, or bring along an alt or two. Just an idea
Some they learn, some they burn...

Hugliston

• Adventurer
« Reply #14 on: 15:52:49 - 09/21/12 »
A newly-formed guild would start with room for only 10 characters, with 3 additional spaces per guild hall - a heckuva long wait list.
That.
Also, with battles, you can attack one another more frequently (due to Siege cool down and bigger AP cost)

Both Hero and KD currently have room to absorb all of each other's actives after the zombie purge
That could be cool too, but I guess the one that have to leave their guild, even if they don't pay too much attention to guild mood, may be reluctant to enter in 2 big guilds. What we could do instead is to "shuffle" major guilds' members : so not only two guilds but 4-5 (with enough space in it to keep those inactive, if needed) with 5+ active squads each.

« Last Edit: 15:54:50 - 09/21/12 by Hugliston »