Author Topic: Short Battle Tutorial  (Read 1643 times)

Sheira

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
Short Battle Tutorial
« on: 11:49:58 - 09/12/12 »
Battle System

You start the fight with 4 cards on your hand randomly picked from your deck and your first 2 source charms played.
Whenever your orb reaches the top of the timer you will be able to perform an action. This can either be playing or breaking a charm. If no action is taken, the next source charm will be played automatically. Exactly every 15 time units since the start of the fight, a card from your pile is marked for drawing. On your turn you will draw all marked cards. If there are not enough cards left to draw, you exhaust and lose the fight. The delay on each charm determines how many time units you have to wait until you can perform your next action.

Performing an action

When you play a charm its rune requirements will be taken away from your rune pool. Certain charms gain bonus effects if the runes are available in the correct order. After all effects are played you get the charm's rune added to your rune pool.
When you break a charm, the charm is discarded and put away and the charm's rune will be added to your rune pool.

Rune selection

When playing regular charms the battle engine will first try to match the whole rune order checking from right to left, even if the charm has no link bonus. If this fails, it will check for each rune separately going from left to right.
« Last Edit: 18:12:49 - 09/12/12 by Sheira »

Misha

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
Re: Short Battle Tutorial
« Reply #1 on: 16:48:54 - 09/12/12 »
For every 15 time units elapsed since your last action, you will draw one card from your pile onto your hand.

I believe this is just every 15 time units regardless of when you take actions, however, new cards will only show up after your next action.

Arimith

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #2 on: 02:32:46 - 09/13/12 »
I assume charms are discarded if you have no space for them?
Loose is what your underwear is when the elastic breaks
Lose is what then happens to your dignity

Misha

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #3 on: 17:17:12 - 09/13/12 »
I assume charms are discarded if you have no space for them?

Yep.