Author Topic: Leprous Tumor  (Read 4346 times)

Gabbin

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
Leprous Tumor
« on: 03:48:13 - 07/15/12 »
The negative base value for Lively Wisp has got me thinking... the base value of Leprous Tumor should be changed to around -150g.  Basically, it would be a disposal fee the player has to pay to safely throw away infectious medical waste.
Everythings easier in pseudocode!

Sparky

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
  • ◄◄Wishmaster►►
    • RealmOfDreams
Re: Leprous Tumor
« Reply #1 on: 03:56:26 - 07/15/12 »
The negative base value for Lively Wisp has got me thinking... the base value of Leprous Tumor should be changed to around -150g.  Basically, it would be a disposal fee the player has to pay to safely throw away infectious medical waste.
What if you have less than 150g and try to sell it? "An error has occurred." ?
[15:57]   <Evangeline88>   nah, Slyguy is exceptional ... he can deal with everyone easily?

http://tinyurl.com/2b52xar

Mac OS X 10.9.3 / Firefox 30.0

Gabbin

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #2 on: 04:02:23 - 07/15/12 »
Yeah.  "You do not have enough gold to sell that item."  Which, by itself, would be good for a laugh.

So you either let it sit and decay (ew) or you pay to get rid of it.

Of course, it would be even better if they were automatically put into your inventory instead of storage, assuming there was space, so that you would HAVE to raise the gold to sell them... but that starts requiring code changes and such.  This is just a cute value change.

Toben

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #3 on: 16:44:38 - 07/15/12 »
Of course, it would be even better if they were automatically put into your inventory instead of storage, assuming there was space, so that you would HAVE to raise the gold to sell them...

I like the value change idea, but don't do this...there's enough RNG hate involved in trying to farm for Wriggling Larva already without giving the RNG the ability to put some of us poor bastards in debtors prison or whatever.  :P

Arimith

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #4 on: 19:39:20 - 07/15/12 »
You could just donate it to your guild then dispose of it from there
Loose is what your underwear is when the elastic breaks
Lose is what then happens to your dignity

Qqchampion

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #5 on: 19:47:12 - 07/15/12 »
Monument: Cancer, the Silent Killer

Requirements:
-10,000 gold
leprous tumor x 100
1 build point

Rewards:
-1,000 GHP

[21:39] <Morthalius> I'm going to be farming crystalite sprouts till lil baby jesus is back in diapers as decrepit geriatric jesus :(

Gabbin

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #6 on: 20:37:55 - 07/15/12 »
I do like the idea of a repeatable building that eats GHP.  Although it would probably require it as an upfront cost when you start construction so that a guild couldn't hand it all out and escape the cost.

What would be a good reward...

I guess the most obvious would be a repeatable building that eats GHP and spits gold into the guild bank?

Wishing Well
  Requires: 500 GHP
  Building points: 2200
  Rewards: 100,000g

Public Fountain
  Requires: 800 GHP
  Building points: 5000
  Rewards: 200,000g

And as long as we're looking at new buildings...

I'd love to see a repeatable building whos reward would be a random charm to put into showcase.  Pulling from a pool of, say, 25-30 charms so there is lots of variety.  These could be a new class of guild-only charms, or charms pulled from low and mid-level crafting shops.  Perhaps take a look and see what the 30 least crafted charms are, and use those?  It sounds underwhelming from a endgame player's perspective, but I know many charms look attractive at lower levels but aren't worth the time to gather the crafting mats to make them (you'd be over-leveled by the time you managed to do it, etc). Having them potentially be available through the guilds could get them into the right hands at the right times at the right levels?  Ideally, the random charm pool would be a mix of these old charms and new guild-only charms (4x4 focused or otherwise).

Eschatos

• Adventurer
« Reply #7 on: 21:43:21 - 07/15/12 »
GHP and guild gold are meaningless really

I really dig the new guild charm idea though :) Maybe a building that eats both gold and GHP and rewards the said charms..
Some they learn, some they burn...

Gabbin

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #8 on: 22:29:06 - 07/15/12 »
Which you would then need GHP to purchase.

However, for a new player or especially a new guild, GHP isn't meaningless.  It's a resource everyone wants for "free charms".  Though yes, if you've been playing for three years, there isnt much left to spend it on.  Vitaminized Candy for an occasional burst of gold.  Or Elixirs if you're not winning them through colis.  Repeatable buildings gave us a way to accelerate GHP production and a path for everyone to get the Building skill, regardless of how far down the tech tree a guild is.  Unfortunately, they did not give us additional GHP sinks to drain the excess away.

As for the gold, people claim to be perpetually broke.  Allowing a guild to eat GHP to refill its coffers for seals or further construction projects can let the player focus on buying all the high priced goodies in the games.  Could also raise seal upkeep costs to make them more intimidating/important.  Make it variable, perhaps.  The current seal cost multiplied by the guild hall level (more people = higher upkeep).  For guilds with a Stronghold, that would put average seal upkeep cost at around 7k and the most expensive seals around 40k. Or, double those values if you'd rather look at the overall Guild Level instead.

That said, GHP for guild-gold was just the most obvious choice, since the two feed off of each other thanks to the current repeatable buildings.

You could just donate it to your guild then dispose of it from there
Just another advantage of being in a guild!  They'll take care of your toxic waste for you!
« Last Edit: 22:32:54 - 07/15/12 by Gabbin »

Powerslave

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #9 on: 09:51:43 - 07/16/12 »
Perhaps take a look and see what the 30 least crafted charms are, and use those?

How about Path of Ice as a guild charm?! Let me count the hands! :laugh:

Slalderma

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
  • the Troubadour Warrior
« Reply #10 on: 04:42:16 - 07/17/12 »
How about tumors multiply in a week like tribbles?
slalderma / slickal / rebelscum / sukelywalker / badmotivator
berzerker / pyro / hierarch / deathknight / warden
Slyguy: Shortdeck is the answer to everything.

Gabbin

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #11 on: 05:55:09 - 07/17/12 »
yessssssss

Passionario

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #12 on: 10:04:07 - 07/20/12 »

And Bloodsucking Flea, as well. Because, as we all know, low-level players need additional griefy incentives not to play this game.  ::)

Given that we've had multiple threads about how crippling and discouraging Coliseum fees can be for many players, I don't think that introducing -150g value loot into a level 28 dungeon is a good idea.
This world is a mess, and I just need to rule it.

Powerslave

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #13 on: 12:54:01 - 07/20/12 »

And Bloodsucking Flea, as well. Because, as we all know, low-level players need additional griefy incentives not to play this game.  ::)

Given that we've had multiple threads about how crippling and discouraging Coliseum fees can be for many players, I don't think that introducing -150g value loot into a level 28 dungeon is a good idea.

Let's raise the gold drop of that fight by approximately 150g!

Gabbin

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #14 on: 16:52:07 - 07/20/12 »
Given that we've had multiple threads about how crippling and discouraging Coliseum fees can be for many players

We have?  I remember discussions on how to get more people into colis, but aren't coli fees just an arena fight (or bounty hunt!) away?