Author Topic: "Cheat Death" at level 11  (Read 9621 times)

Renatov

• Adventurer
"Cheat Death" at level 11
« on: 08:13:44 - 06/01/12 »
Could someone please help me with "Cheat Death" at level 11? I have only 5 points in this skill till now and I'm having a bad time trying to develope it. I don't know exactly how to do the math, even with wiki information.

PS: I have 113 hit points and 24 spirit

Uraxor

• Faithful
Re: "Cheat Death" at level 11
« Reply #1 on: 02:18:21 - 06/02/12 »
http://www.progenitor-softworks.com/ew/index.php?title=Seasoned_Fighter
Let him exhaust and put in enough armor to just so survive (might need a bit of tweaking).
Rest of charms simply ward, willpower or whatever else you wish to max as long as it doesn't kill him.

Osmiridium

• Adventurer
« Reply #2 on: 03:00:30 - 06/02/12 »
Well, for Cheat Death you need less than or equal to 10% hp and charms remaining. The easiest way to level it up is to find an arena opponent you can beat by tanking. Start with 1 more charm than them and let them do enough damage (if they use melee and magic, you can fill your deck with either armor or ward to only take one of the two, plus any piercing damage). Make sure they are not more than 3 levels below you, otherwise you won't get skill points.

You need to end with under 11.3hp, i.e. 1-11, so you need to take between 102 and 112 damage. That's a slightly trickier amount than some other hp totals, in that you won't get a deck that works 100% of the time, but you could tank the Fighter using ward and 5x Captain's Hat, or the Seasoned Fighter using armor as Uraxor said.

Later on, you can use charms with small healing or life loss effects, and EAs such as Blinding Scratch to help if you're taking just too much or too little damage for the skill.

Renatov

• Adventurer
« Reply #3 on: 15:48:13 - 06/02/12 »
It's incredibly difficult to develop Cheat Death... I made this deck for Fighter (lvl 10):

Gear 'Fighter Arena' (22 charms)
Melee: 24 (45% P), destroy 13 armor
Magic: 20 + 16 (60% P)

Armor: 6 + 35 cumulative
Ward: 67 + 71 cumulative

My strategy is to block all magic attack to receive only 32 damage and then block some melee attack. But I lost a lot of fights and the ones I win, not always it gives me Cheat Death points. Any ideas how I could improve this deck?
« Last Edit: 16:08:04 - 06/02/12 by Renatov »

Bazabaza

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #4 on: 16:32:05 - 06/02/12 »
Its gonna be hard to tweak your gear for a high success rate with all that piercing on his magic attacks. Try letting the magic damage hit you, and block the melee. After 63 magic damage, you need to take 39-49 melee damage, so use 63-73 armor. Of course it still wont work 100% of the time, but it could be better than now. Otherwise you can try another arena opponent, like the Seasoned Fighter, or wait a couple of levels if you cant.

Osmiridium

• Adventurer
« Reply #5 on: 18:27:51 - 06/02/12 »
Nah, Cheat Death isn't so hard. You're just at an awkward point for it with your level and hit points, and even so it shouldn't be too bad.

This is the sort of thing I was thinking of:

Captain's Hat x5
Glyphed Gloves x5
Greater Glyph x5
Warden Stone x5
Bunny Hood x1

The ward charms can be any with at least 9 ward and no armor. You should take 28 damage from the piercing magic (with a small chance of up to 5 more), meaning you need to be lucky enough to draw at least 4 Captain's Hats before the Fighter's last 2 Bronze Maces.

Or go with Bazabaza's suggestion and use 21x armor charms providing an average of ~9-10 armor each (no ward, cumulative armor, or armor >12, preferably not >11). If you've crafted a lot of 10 armor charms this would be better.
« Last Edit: 23:22:56 - 06/02/12 by Osmiridium »

Renatov

• Adventurer
« Reply #6 on: 16:13:14 - 06/03/12 »
I'm pissed off lol, I lost about 100 AP just losing fights. I should have developed this damned skill before hehehe... I tryed to do what you suggested, and I tryed another strategy too (receiving all the magic and protecting from some melee) but nothing seems to work sufficiently.

Renatov

• Adventurer
« Reply #7 on: 21:10:46 - 06/03/12 »
I finally made it! ;D

Thanks everyone for the help!

Poryg

• Newcomer
« Reply #8 on: 21:30:30 - 06/25/12 »
I made it at lv 10, it was quite easy. I farmed some weapons on Frenzied goblin, so I knew how many charms he uses.
Then I built a gear full of armor and dueled him once again. And after that I had 30 HP left, so I reduced in my head the number of necessary armor to survive.

I won 7/10 fights and 4/7 won fights brought me Cheat death. (Whenever I lost, is last charm was debuffing, destroying me 15 armor and giving me boosted damage and whenever I won without cheat death, his last charm was a charm, that buffed his ongoing damage by I guess 8)