Author Topic: Charm Stealer  (Read 3253 times)

Yogurt

• Faithful
  • forgotten, forgiven
Charm Stealer
« on: 03:29:18 - 05/02/12 »
This is intended to work as a strategic weapon :D

[Charm Stealer] is a charm itself with no obvious effects. However, playing 3x [Charm Stealer] in the same fight triggers a combo stealing the charm used in the previous turn by opponent. Besides, you must win that fight to keep the stolen charm.

The stolen charm is kept by the thief for 3-7 days(based on quality & character level vs. charm level) then it is returned. He can include that charm into a deck if requirements meet. Meanwhile the victim temporary loses a piece of his charm. He can wait for its natural recovery or even craft a new one or, most impractically, steal it back from the thief if he dares include that charm into his deck. [Charm Stealer] is effective in regular PVP which grants rating change(That is, not a skirmish or repeat match), coliseum and guild war. For nvn match the combo can be done by one player or with his teammates(Imagine as many as 20 [Charm Stealer] played in a 4v4 guild match which effectively steal 6 charms from opponent's team given a win).

An instance of such charm:

[Charm Stealer]
0 melee
0 magic
0 spirit
Aura: +10 to next melee, +10 to next magic or +1 to next spirit in 10 turns. Consume effect if damage or spirit is dealt.
« Last Edit: 03:44:15 - 05/02/12 by Yogurt »
Modulation Crystal takes effect, Sourmilk's armor raises to 148
Sourmilk's melee attacks are increased by up to 2940
Sourmilk's magic attacks are increased by up to 2940
The Modulation Crystal loses its glow

Sparky

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
  • ◄◄Wishmaster►►
    • RealmOfDreams
Re: Charm Stealer
« Reply #1 on: 03:35:05 - 05/02/12 »
This is intended to work as a strategic weapon :D

[Charm Stealer] is a charm itself with no obvious effect. However, playing 3x [Charm Stealer] in the same fight triggers a combo stealing the charm used in the previous turn by opponent. Besides, you must win that fight to keep the stolen charm.

The stolen charm is kept by the thief for 3-7 days(based on quality & character level vs. charm level) then it is returned. He can include that charm into a deck if requirements meet. Meanwhile the victim temporary loses a piece of his charm. He can wait for its natural recovery or even craft a new one or, most impractically, steal it back from the thief if he dares include that charm into his deck. [Charm Stealer] is effective in regular PVP which grants rating change(That is, not a skirmish or repeat match), coliseum and guild war. For nvn match the combo can be done by one player or with his teammates(Imagine as many as 20 [Charm Stealer] played in a 4v4 guild match which effectively steal 6 charms from opponent's team given a win).
Sounds quite complicated to me, I believe there's more that can be implemented to the game without going that far into adding complicated behaviors, especially something that goes as far as temporary stealing a player's charm on a single random charm.

Besides I should add, when you have a saved that includes said charm, even if you somehow become normally unable to use this charm (this is not possible through using it for crafting as you can't craft if it's in one of your saved gears, but this can happen through using elixirs to lower certain stats) you won't be able to update said gear anymore so long as you keep the charm in it but you'll still be able to use the gear as it is. So not only would that pose little to no problem to the guy whose charm gets stolen but also the robber gets to use it for as long as he wants, he just will not be able to update that gear after the time of the robbery is over.

At any rate, I don't see this fitting in Estiah as the game is right now and don't believe it should be added either.
[15:57]   <Evangeline88>   nah, Slyguy is exceptional ... he can deal with everyone easily?

http://tinyurl.com/2b52xar

Mac OS X 10.9.3 / Firefox 30.0

Misha

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #2 on: 17:29:43 - 05/02/12 »
Sorry, I'm going to be blunt here.

This is probably the worst idea I've ever heard.  Stealing things from other characters, even if temporarily, is something that should never exist.

Gabbin

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #3 on: 19:33:50 - 05/02/12 »
Terrified Leprechaun has stolen a Tattered Sapphire Chunk!

It would have been so hilarious  :(
Everythings easier in pseudocode!

Medefe

• Faithful
« Reply #4 on: 10:47:14 - 05/03/12 »
Terrified Leprechaun has stolen a Tattered Sapphire Chunk!

It would have been so hilarious  :(
Don't even joke about that, I still need to collect more than 90 of those things.

Fabio

• Adventurer
« Reply #5 on: 11:57:59 - 05/03/12 »
what about some powerfull charm that if you play it you can lose a random drop at the end of the figth?

something like:
You receives charm: [Curse of Pandamius] (1/5)
The Dark power inside your charm stolen it!

Sparky

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
  • ◄◄Wishmaster►►
    • RealmOfDreams
« Reply #6 on: 12:08:57 - 05/03/12 »
what about some powerfull charm that if you play it you can lose a random drop at the end of the figth?

something like:

What about Yogurt just stops posting stupid ideas that will prompt even more stupid follow-up ideas, and closes this thread before it gets even dumber than it already is?
[15:57]   <Evangeline88>   nah, Slyguy is exceptional ... he can deal with everyone easily?

http://tinyurl.com/2b52xar

Mac OS X 10.9.3 / Firefox 30.0

Yogurt

• Faithful
  • forgotten, forgiven
« Reply #7 on: 15:53:25 - 05/03/12 »

something like:

Hmm...I think the Dark Power shall hurt everyone like this:

[Curse of Pandamius]
(Target All Players)
Bane: 1 spirit if target uses a rune that was already played by one of his allies during 6 turns

What about Yogurt just stops posting stupid ideas that will prompt even more stupid follow-up ideas, and closes this thread before it gets even dumber than it already is?

I'm just wondering why you didn't chose Inq as your final class?
Modulation Crystal takes effect, Sourmilk's armor raises to 148
Sourmilk's melee attacks are increased by up to 2940
Sourmilk's magic attacks are increased by up to 2940
The Modulation Crystal loses its glow

Toben

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #8 on: 23:20:14 - 05/03/12 »
So somehow this turned into a "nerf Curse of Pandamius" thread? I dunno if that's better, or worse.  :laugh:

Misha

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #9 on: 23:32:59 - 05/03/12 »
Nerf?  Naw.  Totally would do a self spirit 3v strat with that.