Author Topic: My Null Barbs are Called "Strategy"  (Read 12463 times)

Xxiner

• Adventurer
Re: My Null Barbs are Called "Strategy"
« Reply #30 on: 17:39:05 - 10/21/11 »
The best counter for an overpowered new strategy is an underpowered new strategy.

Null Barbs
    * 12 Shifting damage (25% P)
    * Aura: Attach to target: 14 Shifting damage (25% P) for each aura, during 4 turns. Consume effect and heal 24 for each aura if stunned.

I am all for this idea!

Medefe

• Faithful
« Reply #31 on: 16:39:27 - 11/06/11 »
Doesn't that leave Null Barbs OP'd against everything BUT auras (and maybe summons to a degree)? Hardly any other strat ever uses self-stun.

Nanayama

• Adventurer
« Reply #32 on: 05:17:47 - 11/19/11 »
While in group fight, My Ash Veil is called strategy, even without Gravity Spear and Ghyzochrome Enabler

Howiefeltersnatch uses [Lightning Spike]
Howiefeltersnatch gains 1 extra action
Nanayama's next magic attack is decreased by up to 30
Because of Veil of Ash, Howiefeltersnatch's next magic attack is increased by up to 120
Because of Veil of Ash, Howiefeltersnatch's next magic attack is increased by up to 120
First Snow takes effect, Howiefeltersnatch's ward raises to 108
Because of Banshee Axe, Nanayama's next melee attack is decreased by up to 96
First Snow takes effect, Howiefeltersnatch's ward raises to 117
Because of Song of Chaos, Howiefeltersnatch's next melee attack is decreased by up to 20
Because of Song of Chaos, Howiefeltersnatch's next magic attack is decreased by up to 20
Howiefeltersnatch uses [Empathy]
Howiefeltersnatch's summons duration is increased by 1 turn(s)
Howiefeltersnatch's banes duration is increased by 2 turn(s)
First Snow takes effect, Howiefeltersnatch's ward raises to 126
First Snow takes effect, Howiefeltersnatch's ward raises to 135
Because of Song of Chaos, Howiefeltersnatch's next melee attack is decreased by up to 20
Because of Song of Chaos, Howiefeltersnatch's next magic attack is decreased by up to 20
Howiefeltersnatch uses [Lightning Arc]
Nanayama takes 3345 magic damage
Howiefeltersnatch is normalized

Nanayama is defeated.

http://www.estiah.com/character/combat/replay/coliseum/206190/id/1443336

Misha

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist

Krahl

• Newcomer

Yogurt

• Faithful
  • forgotten, forgiven
« Reply #35 on: 10:02:57 - 08/13/12 »
I think Null Barbs is still a little overpowered today...Maybe it should be changed into a 3-turn aura:

Null Barbs
14 Shifting damage (25% P)
Aura: Attach to target: 14 Shifting damage (25% P) for each aura, during 3 turns

(To make it harder to extend while the hazard/profit concerning its extending becomes higher)

Modulation Crystal takes effect, Sourmilk's armor raises to 148
Sourmilk's melee attacks are increased by up to 2940
Sourmilk's magic attacks are increased by up to 2940
The Modulation Crystal loses its glow

Sparky

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
  • ◄◄Wishmaster►►
    • RealmOfDreams
« Reply #36 on: 10:13:06 - 08/13/12 »
I think Null Barbs is still a little overpowered today...Maybe it should be changed into a 3-turn aura:

Null Barbs
14 Shifting damage (25% P)
Aura: Attach to target: 14 Shifting damage (25% P) for each aura, during 3 turns

(To make it harder to extend while the hazard/profit concerning its extending becomes higher)

Nope.

1) This would make the NB shortdeck even more powerful as they wouldn't suffer from this drawback at all, with a couple of decks although, as it is now, I sometimes win (not using spirit). This shouldn't change.
2) It's definitely way better since the damage has been lowered, still a bit overpowered but eh, on the other hand, auras were rolling over literally everything before Null Barbs, and as much as I hate it basically killing a whole unique and already underpowered strategy that I was in love with (pure tank), I think now after some time has passed that it's okay to have that kind of things keeping auras in check. Plus see, there are more and more new strats going out that can kind of laugh at null barbs used in a regular deck. Let's just keep things the way they are now.
[15:57]   <Evangeline88>   nah, Slyguy is exceptional ... he can deal with everyone easily?

http://tinyurl.com/2b52xar

Mac OS X 10.9.3 / Firefox 30.0

Misha

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #37 on: 21:39:58 - 08/13/12 »
The problem with Null Barbs is not that it is an effective strategy.  There it has many counters and is by no means unbeatable.  The problem with Null Barbs is that it is pretty much an autoinclude in nearly every damage deck and completely shuts out a large number of other strategies (anything based on heavy auras).  The "nerf" you suggested does not really change any of this and probably makes it a stronger charm overall.

Astrolabia

• Veteran
  • Faithful
  • underdog's lifestream
« Reply #38 on: 00:27:59 - 08/14/12 »
the day i see null barbs truly nerfed

is the day null barbs has ACTUAL DISINCENTIVE for putting it into any damage deck ever

no seriously there is no reason why people running any form of direct damage shouldn't be including Null Barbs (herp derp shifting)

Since the aura is attached /anyway/ and Cascade Effect exists (and those who run attached aura gears almost always run short gears anyway so a 3 turn duration does jack shit in terms of "nerfing it"), making the damage higher with virtually the same duration probably actually makes it BETTER.
the former kyoudou
the apprentice kuonhime

Sparky

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
  • ◄◄Wishmaster►►
    • RealmOfDreams
« Reply #39 on: 00:48:26 - 08/14/12 »
is the day null barbs has ACTUAL DISINCENTIVE for putting it into any damage deck ever
Just remove its direct damage. Done.
[15:57]   <Evangeline88>   nah, Slyguy is exceptional ... he can deal with everyone easily?

Yogurt

• Faithful
  • forgotten, forgiven
« Reply #40 on: 02:09:58 - 08/14/12 »
the day i see null barbs truly nerfed

no seriously there is no reason why people running any form of direct damage shouldn't be including Null Barbs (herp derp shifting)

Since the aura is attached /anyway/ and Cascade Effect exists (and those who run attached aura gears almost always run short gears anyway so a 3 turn duration does jack shit in terms of "nerfing it"), making the damage higher with virtually the same duration probably actually makes it BETTER.

And it works with Storm of Alcyone... My previous suggestion is to make it an earth/fisrt charm with dual damage. If that it is still an auto-include but a little less hazardous to aura users(which is my main concern).

Sparky

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
  • ◄◄Wishmaster►►
    • RealmOfDreams
« Reply #41 on: 02:15:03 - 08/14/12 »
My previous suggestion is to make it an earth/fisrt charm with dual damage. If that it is still an auto-include but a little less hazardous to aura users(which is my main concern).
Wat.

And no, not only would that make no sense rune flavor-wise but also you'd kill the über awesome NB Static Aura Battle Tempo decks, can't have that.

Yogurt

• Faithful
  • forgotten, forgiven
« Reply #42 on: 04:16:15 - 08/16/12 »
Or make it even harder:

Null Barbs
10 Shifting (25% P)
Aura:  10 Shifting (25% P) and 10 Shifting (25% P) for each aura on target, during 4 turns

(Edit to add self-aura damage...)
« Last Edit: 13:08:20 - 08/16/12 by Yogurt »

Ravenpaw

• Wanderer
« Reply #43 on: 16:19:45 - 09/23/12 »
  What do people have against Null Barbs? It's a nice charm to add to magic decks after being nerfed, and there are many charms out there that are as good as it, such as Gravity Spear, Prismatic Cannon, Poisioner's Pride, etc., if not any better.

I don't have Null Barbs right now but from the replays I saw it wasn't being that a hard counter to auras. Auras still stand a chance, for they can accumulate a considerable amount of defense in a blink of an eye and heal incredibly fast. And as mentioned above, auras pretty much crash everything else. That projection damage is by no means less powerful than Null Barbs.

Say that just because I am a magic lover. I often lose to aura decks with about 80 cpb on me. It's ironical cause, as a Pyro, I can't breach opponent's ward even with a huge amount of cpb.  Now with Null Barbs there is a chance to fight auras.
  Actually, I think many nice magic(or so it seems...magic) charms synergy better in melee decks( Storm of Acylone, Void Bolt, Null Barbs, High Voltage Rapier), cause melee is better at cpb and has more nice focus charms. I really envy those Dragon Rage and Haunted Fangs.

Astrolabia

• Veteran
  • Faithful
  • underdog's lifestream
« Reply #44 on: 00:28:08 - 09/24/12 »
i'm sorry but.

prismatic cannon is shit now. at least compared to what it was before.

the former kyoudou
the apprentice kuonhime