Author Topic: 29th Contest: The Smell of New Packs [Ended]  (Read 19873 times)

Lezard

• Bunny Demon
  • Bunnies
  • Bunny Cultist
29th Contest: The Smell of New Packs [Ended]
« on: 22:41:32 - 10/08/11 »
Estiah's 29th contest is about to begin!

Tis contest will be a new edition of a sealed box tournament. It will work like this:
- A copy of all character with a level greater than 10 will be moved to the contest server
- All the charms will be removed, and the level / HP / Spirit will be fixed for everyone
- Everyone will be given charms randomly selected from a high-level pool.
- You will have to make a deck out of these cards, and then fight in the coliseum to earn prizes!

The contest will have three phases of 5 days each.
During the first phase only the 1v1 coliseum will run, and it will be performed twice a day. Characters will have the resources to enter up to 5 times.
After one week, all the cards will be wiped. You will be given new cards and then only the 2v2 coliseum will run for a week. There again you can only enter 5 times.
Past that time, the cards will be wiped one more and we will run the 3v3 coliseum for the period.

At the end of the contest, we will give rewards to the ones that performed the best in 1v1, in 2v2, in 3v3, and also to those that had the highest amount of victories overall.

If you have multiple active alts, you are allowed to play with all of them. However, you will be able to earn a prize with only one character.

The contest server is now open, so you can already start to open your first card packs!

Contest server link

Rewards:

You get two points for winning a coliseum, and one for getting to the final. Those points are given in the form of consumable items that need to be used by your character so that the points can be registered.

Basic categories
The rewards you get are linked to the amount of points you have in the category where you did the highest score (1v1, 2v2 or 3v3):

Each player will get 1 sweet brownie for each point earned.
In addition, the 20 players with the highest score in a category will earn 1 phoenix feather for each point they earned.

Global category
Your score in the global category is the sum of your scores in the other 3 categories.

The grand winner will be allowed to have a custom named charm: a copy of an existing charm with a name of his choice on it.
In addition, the top 5 winners of the global category will get an epic version of their lv44 class charm.

Contest Hints:
- Putting only the best cards together may not result in the best deck. Think carefully of all the path that are available to you.
- You will not have the AP to perform regular PvP against other players. However, you can skirmish your friends if they accept to put a good deck as their defense gear.
- Do not wait for the last moment to perform your 5 coliseums sessions. Each time, some people will not be able to participate since the amount of registered characters will never be a multiple of 8. This will be even more true for the 3v3 session.
« Last Edit: 15:00:25 - 11/02/11 by Lezard »

Wercool

• Bunny Cultist
  • how FotD was made. http://tinyurl.com/ydw2ala
Re: 29th Contest: The Smell of New Packs
« Reply #1 on: 22:54:48 - 10/08/11 »
this looks like fun. the one thing i wish is that we could enter more times just so the contest would last longer ;D
adventures are funny things.

Shalq

• Faithful
« Reply #2 on: 00:57:43 - 10/09/11 »
Is it intentional that a mob charm (used in wwams F2) got into packs?  Golden Orb of Authority

(I'm not complaining, because recently added super powerful 51lvl epics are also here. It just seems strange to me, so I'd like to know)

Merton

• High Mediator
  • Bunny Cultist
    • MST3k Journal
« Reply #3 on: 01:23:28 - 10/09/11 »
Intentional.

Vedrim

• Newcomer
« Reply #4 on: 02:20:31 - 10/09/11 »
Say I get 2 of my alts to be able to get in the top 20 or top 5, or any other available price.
Would I get the option of choosing which one I want to get the prizes on or it'd go to the one with better score?

Yogurt

• Faithful
  • forgotten, forgiven
« Reply #5 on: 03:42:52 - 10/09/11 »
I've found that all the lv.44 class charms in the contest are in their epic form.
Modulation Crystal takes effect, Sourmilk's armor raises to 148
Sourmilk's melee attacks are increased by up to 2940
Sourmilk's magic attacks are increased by up to 2940
The Modulation Crystal loses its glow

Astrolabia

• Veteran
  • Faithful
  • underdog's lifestream
« Reply #6 on: 05:37:16 - 10/09/11 »
Say I get 2 of my alts to be able to get in the top 20 or top 5, or any other available price.
Would I get the option of choosing which one I want to get the prizes on or it'd go to the one with better score?

The post says you can choose which character you want to win the prize.
the former kyoudou
the apprentice kuonhime

Misha

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #7 on: 07:26:36 - 10/09/11 »
Sanaki won the tournament!

Sanaki gains +13 PvP Rating
Sanaki's Maximum PvP Rating increases by 13
Sanaki gains 1000 gold.
Sanaki's skill [Coliseum Master] increases by 10 (10/100)
Sanaki receives item: [1V1 Victory token]
Sanaki completes the achievement [Better Than the Average]

If we're only allowed enough resources to enter five times maybe we shouldn't get more from winning.

Lezard

• Bunny Demon
  • Bunnies
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #8 on: 08:09:01 - 10/09/11 »
Sanaki won the tournament!

Sanaki gains +13 PvP Rating
Sanaki's Maximum PvP Rating increases by 13
Sanaki gains 1000 gold.
Sanaki's skill [Coliseum Master] increases by 10 (10/100)
Sanaki completes the achievement [Better Than the Average]

If we're only allowed enough resources to enter five times maybe we shouldn't get more from winning.

Yes, this is not intentional. We'll fix this and remove the extra gold.

Diboy

• Wanderer
« Reply #9 on: 08:36:18 - 10/09/11 »
mmmm
i can't join with 1 of my char..
yes i believe he is L.10++
can you check on jojoba ?
Diboy uses [Rockslide]
Succubus takes 860 magic damage
Succubus takes 826 melee damage
Succubus takes 867 magic damage
Succubus takes 833 melee damage

Slipstream

• Wanderer
« Reply #10 on: 11:45:13 - 10/09/11 »
hmmm.
Warassasin uses [Rapier]
Warassasin gains 1 extra action
Zazeezee takes 1146 melee damage

Vedrim

• Newcomer
« Reply #11 on: 12:55:44 - 10/09/11 »

The post says
If you have multiple active alts, you are allowed to play with all of them. However, you will be able to earn a prize with only one character.
It never says anything about being able to choose which one. Exactly why I ask. ;)

Slalderma

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
  • the Troubadour Warrior
« Reply #12 on: 13:23:00 - 10/09/11 »

The post says
It never says anything about being able to choose which one. Exactly why I ask. ;)

All contests in the past have given you the choice of which alt to give the rewards to.  I would expect this to be the same.
slalderma / slickal / rebelscum / sukelywalker / badmotivator
berzerker / pyro / hierarch / deathknight / warden
Slyguy: Shortdeck is the answer to everything.

Wallen

• Newcomer
« Reply #13 on: 13:33:24 - 10/09/11 »
All contests in the past have given you the choice of which alt to give the rewards to.  I would expect this to be the same.

As for me it is my first event, so it is important information.

Diboy

• Wanderer
« Reply #14 on: 16:04:01 - 10/09/11 »

As for me it is my first event, so it is important information.

as for you it is your 1st event, so i suggest you just run it and have fun :)
Diboy uses [Rockslide]
Succubus takes 860 magic damage
Succubus takes 826 melee damage
Succubus takes 867 magic damage
Succubus takes 833 melee damage