Author Topic: Some charm mechanic questions  (Read 1281 times)

Larcent

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
Some charm mechanic questions
« on: 03:30:16 - 08/26/11 »
Is there any difference between +X damage versus +X melee/magic? I see both wordings, particularly on link bonuses. And are these all temporary bonuses? Are there no ongoing damage modifiers any longer?

Do link bonuses always apply to that charm (assuming it doesn't give something that has a duration)? For example, the frost charm that has a link bonus of +20 penetration refers to THAT charm's damage and not the next damage you deal.

Do any of the modifiers affect projection damage (testing suggests not, but just want to be sure)?

Lezard

• Bunny Demon
  • Bunnies
  • Bunny Cultist
Re: Some charm mechanic questions
« Reply #1 on: 08:58:21 - 08/26/11 »
As long as you don't see a duration, it means that it affects the charm only.
+damage is a modifier that affects both melee and magic, while + to magic only affects one.

In link bonus I started by adding "+x to melee" when the original effect was melee damage, but later found out that writing "+x damage" was probably simpler to understand, and had the same effect anyway. I will need to go through all the first charms to make it consistent among them.

The exception will probably remain earth charms, where I'll keep "+x to magic" so the player won't think that both melee and magic are increased by the link.

In any case, there is not (and cannot be) a "+x to next damage" in E2.
there are not any projection modifiers yet, but I'll make that effect later on.

Larcent

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #2 on: 00:04:00 - 08/27/11 »

Doesn't Pyromania modify next damage?

Sparky

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
  • ◄◄Wishmaster►►
    • RealmOfDreams
« Reply #3 on: 00:15:49 - 08/27/11 »

Doesn't Pyromania modify next damage?
Pyromania is a magic modifier triggered upon the condition of being hit by fire.
[15:57]   <Evangeline88>   nah, Slyguy is exceptional ... he can deal with everyone easily?

http://tinyurl.com/2b52xar

Mac OS X 10.9.3 / Firefox 30.0