Author Topic: Rune on charm use preferences  (Read 2265 times)

Larcent

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
Rune on charm use preferences
« on: 18:13:58 - 08/24/11 »
I splashed a little bit of armor into my melee deck and noticed a little bit of an annoyance.

If the game used an armor rune to fill a white spot on one of the melee charms, frequently, the armor rune would be tossed back into to the pool instead of the weapon rune. Would it be unbalanced or wrong in some way for the charm to always add one of the runes listed on the charm back into the pool instead of choosing to recycle whatever might have been used?

Lezard

• Bunny Demon
  • Bunnies
  • Bunny Cultist
Re: Rune on charm use preferences
« Reply #1 on: 18:28:23 - 08/24/11 »
When used, a charm gived back its own rune, not the runes  used in the cost. An armor charm with a red-blue cost will always give back an armor rune.
I thiny you misunderstood where the armor rune was coming from in your deck.

Larcent

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #2 on: 18:54:47 - 08/24/11 »
I'll have to pay closer attention, because I swear I was getting my armor rune back from playing an iron mace. Maybe I found a bug then. I'll try it out in some fights tonight and let you know.

Schutzengel

• Magic
  • High Mediator
  • Bunny Cultist
  • Tired of burning.
« Reply #3 on: 19:12:50 - 08/24/11 »
You sure you aren't confusing it with Spiked Shield? Well, it costs Armor and Mace, does damage and it's an Armor charm, thus giving armor rune upon use.

Well, it may be possible.
[20:01]   <wl>   that happens if you let schutz design a dungeon! only charms for himself :P

Sparky

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
  • ◄◄Wishmaster►►
    • RealmOfDreams
« Reply #4 on: 19:22:31 - 08/24/11 »
Or maybe he already had an armor rune in, Iron Mace highlighted a mace rune + the armor rune (for the white slot) but actually used another rune than the armor for white (for link bonus or whatever reason). You can see what runes actually got used on the right of the screen when the charm is used. Runes highlight isn't accurate of what really gets used atm.
[15:57]   <Evangeline88>   nah, Slyguy is exceptional ... he can deal with everyone easily?

http://tinyurl.com/2b52xar

Mac OS X 10.9.3 / Firefox 30.0

Larcent

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #5 on: 20:03:03 - 08/24/11 »
Or maybe he already had an armor rune in, Iron Mace highlighted a mace rune + the armor rune (for the white slot) but actually used another rune than the armor for white (for link bonus or whatever reason). You can see what runes actually got used on the right of the screen when the charm is used. Runes highlight isn't accurate of what really gets used atm.

This seems potentially likely. I was mystified as to why the armor rune was still there after playing multiple iron weapon charms. That makes it even more annoying because it was consuming runes I did need for other charms while the armor rune just sat there unneeded.

Larcent

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #6 on: 04:22:51 - 08/25/11 »
Okay, updating. Sparky is correct, but it may present a problem with the way the system selects the "extra charms."

It does appear to emphasize creating links which would be a good thing ... except that these are charms with no link bonuses. So when using an iron mace charm, rather than selecting the ward rune (that I don't need) to the left of the mace rune, it is selecting the fist rune to the right, which I do.

Maybe if we can't directly control rune choices (because that adds just too many actions to keep up with), perhaps we can set up preferences for how the runes are selected, like "select first available rune to complete cost" or "attempt to create links whenever possible."

Merton

• High Mediator
  • Bunny Cultist
    • MST3k Journal
« Reply #7 on: 04:45:07 - 08/25/11 »
I thought it WAS supposed to consume the oldest rune in your pool before any other.

Larcent

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #8 on: 05:07:29 - 08/25/11 »
Nipal posted about it in the bugs category. It seems to be working as intended, linking preference first, then first available.