Author Topic: Suggestions from first impressions  (Read 2405 times)

Gabbin

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
Suggestions from first impressions
« on: 08:27:42 - 08/22/11 »
-When you use a booster pack, your option is to Cancel.  Could we change it to OK or Continue or Back or Close?

-Need some sort of Auto-Finish option in the battle

-Need to see how many of a charm you have in the store so you dont waste money

-Tooltips for charms in the battle log

-Over time effects should be given credit in the battle log so you can trace what did what. I think over time effect might currently be bugged to trigger waaaaay too many times, but i cant tell without knowing whats doing damage

-I dont like the Home/Forum/Classes/World/Help navigation in the upper right after you log in.

Forum should definitely be seen on every page, but Home is not really needed and Classes, World, Help and Story are all things that people will ignore after they know the game, so why take up space/create clutter?  Put them into their own "Help" link next to dashboard/matches/gears/inventory links.  Each of those links that used to point to their own page would instead be inside the Help frame/window.  Now you dont have tabs or windows opening and you dont have players getting lost.  

The Forum could have its own bubble next to the player icon and guild chat... maybe a double size bubble... or maybe just make it another link next to dashboard/matches/gears/inventory.  Although since Forum SHOULD open a new tab/window, that might be confusing.

If you have to give everything its own 'real' page, make the new window one of those that just have a border and no url bar or navigation tools on it, to make it clear that this is not the window you should be playing the game in.  You should be playing in the window you just left.

Basically, once I'm in the "client", I don't want to to be able to accidently stumble out of it.  And right now you can.
« Last Edit: 08:40:22 - 08/22/11 by Gabbin »
Everythings easier in pseudocode!

Nipal

• Bunny Mob
  • Bunnies
  • Bunny Cultist
Re: Suggestions from first impressions
« Reply #1 on: 09:21:05 - 08/22/11 »
you can already see card number in your possession in the shop. there is a "little" number on the rune icon once the card is selected.

about top right navigation bar, it's meant to be a way to jump of the client. but we'll only keep useful links like you said.
forum won't get its own glossy icon like chat has, mainly because there are many other icons to come ^^ it's a place to hold
all "addons" like notepad or game settings.

Gabbin

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #2 on: 09:27:31 - 08/22/11 »
Ha I'll have to look more closely.

Also: You want people to jump off the client??
Everythings easier in pseudocode!

Misha

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #3 on: 10:16:12 - 08/22/11 »
Few more suggestions.  Don't really see the point in making a new thread.

-Battles could use an audio indicator when you take a turn.  Makes things easier to follow.

-Some of the backgrounds make it hard to read the charms.  I have poor eyesight, so maybe it's just me?

-Would be nice to display charm counts when opening booster packs.

Nipal

• Bunny Mob
  • Bunnies
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #4 on: 10:40:38 - 08/22/11 »
only core game pages will be written in SL, other helper pages like account management will be in html.
so people need to jump off the client some time. html pages are still the best when it's about cross-platform
and mobile devices.

misha, you're talking about the battle backgrounds ? atm we just put in original artworks but we'll have
to do some color adjustment so it's easier for reading. like the snowfield battleground, you can't see much
text on it.

Sheira

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #5 on: 11:40:01 - 08/22/11 »
The battle system seems quite intuitive and nice, but what I am really missing is seeing which rune the charms on my hand belong to. Currently I have to read through all the mouseover to get that information.

Nipal

• Bunny Mob
  • Bunnies
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #6 on: 13:00:16 - 08/22/11 »
we struggled to fit all card information on those little squares and we finally had to remove the rune
affiliation of the cards only to keep the most important ones. maybe we can put it on background,
like the card delay number

Misha

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #7 on: 18:22:10 - 08/22/11 »
misha, you're talking about the battle backgrounds ? atm we just put in original artworks but we'll have
to do some color adjustment so it's easier for reading. like the snowfield battleground, you can't see much
text on it.

Yep.

Misha

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #8 on: 18:46:31 - 08/22/11 »
Another suggestion:

I think there should be a way to cancel your selected action and go back to using a source for the current turn.  Maybe clicking on the source deck could do it?

Sparky

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
  • ◄◄Wishmaster►►
    • RealmOfDreams
« Reply #9 on: 22:33:12 - 08/23/11 »
The colors for armor and melee damage are the same (the values showing up on the battlefield when a charm gets played), same for ward and magic, shifting looks green also (guess healing is as well ? not sure) etc... it's kind of confusing, it would be cooler if there were different colors, or maybe if a symbol appeared next to them (like a shield next to the red +xx to mean +xx armor).
[15:57]   <Evangeline88>   nah, Slyguy is exceptional ... he can deal with everyone easily?

http://tinyurl.com/2b52xar

Mac OS X 10.9.3 / Firefox 30.0

Lezard

• Bunny Demon
  • Bunnies
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #10 on: 00:36:06 - 08/24/11 »
The colors for armor and melee damage are the same (the values showing up on the battlefield when a charm gets played), same for ward and magic, shifting looks green also (guess healing is as well ? not sure) etc... it's kind of confusing, it would be cooler if there were different colors, or maybe if a symbol appeared next to them (like a shield next to the red +xx to mean +xx armor).

This is planned already. Will make it easier to follow what happens on the field.

Larcent

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #11 on: 03:59:09 - 08/24/11 »
Do you plan to have the logs eventually let you mouse-over to see what charms do?