Author Topic: Typo Thread  (Read 2315 times)

Qqchampion

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
Typo Thread
« on: 06:38:51 - 08/22/11 »
It has to happen eventually. Obviously this stuff is low priority for now, but the texts should probably be cleaned up before release. I've gone through all the FAQs and picked out as many of the typos and grammar errors as I could find.

General FAQ
Old timers must already be familiar with the vast imaginary world called Estiah, where they have enjoyed a good deal of epic adventures and whole a lot of fun.

So this is a sequel to the prequel of next-gen game?
I'm not sure exactly what this means, but at the very least an a should be inserted between 'of' and 'next-gen'

This game may have inherited the name and the lore of the previous game, but the resemblance stop here.
this should be either resemblances stop or resemblance stops; either is correct, but the current wording is not

All features are available to everyone, there are no paid levels, paid maps, or paid epic weapons.

A Javascript-enabled modern browser is needed to browse main pages, meaning pretty much everything written after Internet Explorer 6.

Why on earth did you choose Silverlight, everyone uses Flash ?

He didn't say when and he's living in a world ten years ahead of us.

Game FAQ

There are two game modes in Estiah that are very distinct from each other. One is focusing on competitive player versus player battles, and the other is a campaign mode where the player fights monsters and takes on quests, alone or with friends.
the last part could also be fixed by changing the player to players instead of pluralizing fight and take

the game will automatically match you against an available opponent with your level of skill and experience.

Battles fought award points

How does the character creation work?

You can later create more characters to explore the different paths of the Story mode

And now the most important question: How do I fight?

It is highly recommended to go through the battle tutorial at least once

If you have an emergency and need to quit in the middle of a fight

an AI will automatically take over and try to finish the battle for you.

You can left click on any enemy or ally to view detailed information about it

Keep in mind that if you target an ally and then play an offensive charm, it will be cast on the last enemy that was targeted, or by default a random enemy.

There are however some specific fights where the victory conditions can be very different, for example the gathering mini-games of the Story Mode.

Misc. Faq

We still need a hell of a lot of money to make Estiah into a real MMORPG. And because of the inflation, we need $12.1 million instead of $10 million, the sum we announced three years ago.

Use insecticide. If it doesn't work, pick another brand.

However, if you think the bug is related to Estiah, you can try our forum board, in-game private message, our contact email, or throw a message in a bottle into the nearest sea.

Glossary

The Hand is the list of charms that are currently available for the player. The maximum hand size is 5 and can not be increased.
Evidently it's actually 6 right now. I don't know if this is a bug or a typo.

The broken charm is discarded and its effect is not resolved, but its rune is still added to the rune pool.

This technique is useful when you have a critical need for one rune, or when you want to free up some space in your hand

« Last Edit: 13:00:47 - 08/22/11 by Lezard »
[21:39] <Morthalius> I'm going to be farming crystalite sprouts till lil baby jesus is back in diapers as decrepit geriatric jesus :(

Lezard

• Bunny Demon
  • Bunnies
  • Bunny Cultist
Re: Typo Thread
« Reply #1 on: 08:31:59 - 08/22/11 »
Actually, I'll ask you to not report the typos and text mistakes for now.

We'll have a system for auto-fixing these errors that isn't ready just yet but that will be before release, so you'll have to wait untill then to see them fixed.
« Last Edit: 13:01:09 - 08/22/11 by Lezard »

Taketsuru

• Adventurer
« Reply #2 on: 08:15:06 - 06/02/14 »
A violent storm of coughs surge up from Taketsuru’s his throat.

Taketsuru

• Adventurer
« Reply #3 on: 08:19:27 - 06/02/14 »
Taketsuru checks the pulses of the savage lying on a bed of burning sands, remarks he is still alive.
It's not (adventurer) checking is own pulse.

Lezard

• Bunny Demon
  • Bunnies
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #4 on: 08:59:02 - 06/02/14 »
Please fix all typos by proposing "translations" for the english language on the translation page

Nipal

• Bunny Mob
  • Bunnies
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #5 on: 09:42:29 - 06/02/14 »
and campaign chapters aren't up for fixing yet. we need motivated proofreader to going over the
texts in its entirety (very long :E)

Qqchampion

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #6 on: 22:08:02 - 06/15/14 »
and campaign chapters aren't up for fixing yet. we need motivated proofreader to going over the
texts in its entirety (very long :E)

Did you ever find anyone for this?
[21:39] <Morthalius> I'm going to be farming crystalite sprouts till lil baby jesus is back in diapers as decrepit geriatric jesus :(

Nipal

• Bunny Mob
  • Bunnies
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #7 on: 09:00:54 - 06/16/14 »
no one yet. but it's really a lot of work, so we may have to wait after release when we got more players.

Qqchampion

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #8 on: 03:30:35 - 06/17/14 »
no one yet. but it's really a lot of work, so we may have to wait after release when we got more players.

I'm willing to take a crack at it, though it would probably be best to get a group of people.