Author Topic: Newbie question  (Read 1523 times)

Pakey

• Newcomer
Newbie question
« on: 17:19:59 - 05/03/11 »
i know this is stupid, but i don't know how to level up, i have played a lot of games and to level up(if you can)you fight monsters.I do just that but, it still says 0/4 and i have no clue on how i got to level 2...Although it says character growth 5/900, if that helps, also sorry for this dumb question.

Gabbin

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
Re: Newbie question
« Reply #1 on: 17:52:36 - 05/03/11 »
Estiah's leveling system is a little different that what most people are used to.  It is pretty neat once you get into it.

Here is a link to the tutorial on the wiki: http://progenitor-softworks.com/ew/index.php?title=Tutorial
You will specifically want the Attributes page: http://progenitor-softworks.com/ew/index.php?title=Attributes

Basically, you raise your level by mastering skills and working a job.  You will need to get 100 points in a skill to rank it the first time.  When you rank it, it will award you attribute points (Power, Dexterity, Intellect, and/or Constitution).  Every attribute point gained puts you closer to your next level.  If you look on your main character page, you'll see a purplish bar with "Progress to next level (X/Y)" above it.  When you gain enough attribute points to fill the bar, you'll level.  I believe that just working any job once will award enough attribute points to push you from level 1 to level 2.

There are a couple kinds of skills (Battle, Evolution, Trade).

The most basic battle skills are tied to the different weapon runes, and are raised by using charms with those runes in a fight.  So to raise your Sword skill, use charms that have a Sword rune.  You can gain multiple battle skills from one fight.

Working a job will immediately award you attribute points as well as give you Evolution skill points.  When you rank an Evolution skill, again its 100 points for the first rank, you will be awarded additional attribute points.

Trade skills are also called Gathering skills, because you get most of them from gathering (Herbalist, Miner, Condenser, Logger).  Again, it takes 100 points for the first rank, which will then reward you with attribute points.

Hope this helps!
Everythings easier in pseudocode!

Pakey

• Newcomer
Re: Newbie question
« Reply #2 on: 20:43:22 - 05/03/11 »
thanks, it really helped