Author Topic: Gravity Spear  (Read 4473 times)

Ormos

• Faithful
Gravity Spear
« on: 10:42:54 - 02/28/11 »
[Gravity Spear]: Initial damage now only grows with ongoing magic damage modifiers.

Was this nerf actually needed? i mean really gravity spear deck now is pretty much dead with the change as there really isnt many ways to give your opponent ongoing magic.

Azharh

• High Mediator
  • Bunny Cultist
Re: Gravity Spear
« Reply #1 on: 10:48:26 - 02/28/11 »
I think a nerf was indeed required since it's way too easy to give your opponent magic damage modifiers. Was way too powerfull in 3v3 or 4v4 IMO. But yeah, it seems it has evolved from "Way-too-OP" to "Way-too-nerfed"...  :'(

Gothmogged

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #2 on: 11:01:06 - 02/28/11 »
The summon still works off magic mods, so a more summon oriented strategy works, though it is notably slower.
151 Gothmogged uses [Violette's Roses]
Gothmogged targets Root of Corruption
Root of Corruption takes 125 melee damage
Root of Corruption is defeated.
229  Gothmogged uses [Nature's Claw]
Thornscourge the Defiled takes 212 melee damage
Thornscourge the Defiled is defeated.

Merton

• High Mediator
  • Bunny Cultist
    • MST3k Journal
« Reply #3 on: 11:23:31 - 02/28/11 »
Uhhh....seriously?  Yes this nerf was definitely needed.  The charm was absurd as is.

Charm is still pretty nasty from what I've seen in the past day.  In fact, shortdecks are still brutal which was part of what the nerf was trying to address.

But at least it's an improvement.

Arimith

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #4 on: 11:27:47 - 02/28/11 »
As much as I love my Gravity Spear, I think it's pretty hard to argue that it didn't need a nerf - I'm just glad it wasn't worse.  Although it would be nice if the armor boost was increased a bit now...
Loose is what your underwear is when the elastic breaks
Lose is what then happens to your dignity

Wolfsoul

• The Pic Maniac
  • Animator
  • Bunny Cultist
  • in ur forumz, trollin yer topixz
« Reply #5 on: 11:38:32 - 02/28/11 »
God's promise. Nerf it.
YGBSM
[20:31]   <Schutz|Work>   Lez trolls much better than wolfz! :p
We make server cry with Tears of Blood

Nanayama

• Adventurer
« Reply #6 on: 14:13:41 - 02/28/11 »
The summon from that spear is still powerful..

Passionario

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #7 on: 14:37:25 - 02/28/11 »
i mean really gravity spear deck now is pretty much dead with the change as there really isnt many ways to give your opponent ongoing magic.
Until Infusion (and possibly Titan!) are implemented on live as a player charms. :)
This world is a mess, and I just need to rule it.

Misha

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #8 on: 18:24:46 - 02/28/11 »
Gravity Spear is still fine.  Sorry that you can't shortdeck and win against spirit anymore.

Shalq

• Faithful
« Reply #9 on: 18:44:59 - 02/28/11 »
As much as I love my Gravity Spear, I think it's pretty hard to argue that it didn't need a nerf - I'm just glad it wasn't worse.  Although it would be nice if the armor boost was increased a bit now...
+1
It's ok after the change, well maybe the armor should be increased to 4, but generally it's balanced now. No more "I pwn everything [except pyros and Lightning Arc] with 15 charms" absurd.

Ormos

• Faithful
« Reply #10 on: 00:30:44 - 03/01/11 »
Yes it could be absurd and smash someone very quickly, but also would swing the other way and fail hard. All had to do is run into someone running a few lighting arcs, or void bolts, or other magic charms and you were giving them massive damage boosts.

All saying is that the nerf has pushed it to being not that useable anymore, should been changed to 2magic, 2 melee and 2 armor for every ongoing magic modifer it would been a less dramatic nerf.

Euhaa

• Newcomer
« Reply #11 on: 23:47:10 - 08/14/12 »
it would been a less dramatic nerf.
Aha...

No seriously, i'm a bit bored to see that half of lvl50 coliseum are won by gravity spear teams...
The summon is way too powerfull. Always around 150dpt.
I can't do this amount of damage even with RNG god and all the charms i got... (maybe with premonition/boiling blood and a lot of luck...)

Yogurt

• Faithful
  • forgotten, forgiven
« Reply #12 on: 02:17:42 - 08/15/12 »
it would been a less dramatic nerf.
Aha...

No seriously, i'm a bit bored to see that half of lvl50 coliseum are won by gravity spear teams...
The summon is way too powerfull. Always around 150dpt.
I can't do this amount of damage even with RNG god and all the charms i got... (maybe with premonition/boiling blood and a lot of luck...)

Generally you need to do ~120 dpt to match their damage potential(if you do not plan to include a lot of magic charms). One I've done this by focus melee which very lucky draw. Thunder Lance is a new introduced special counter...

p.s. Pacify is a demanding charm to make it a good weapon agianst Gravity Spear.
Modulation Crystal takes effect, Sourmilk's armor raises to 148
Sourmilk's melee attacks are increased by up to 2940
Sourmilk's magic attacks are increased by up to 2940
The Modulation Crystal loses its glow

Astrolabia

• Veteran
  • Faithful
  • underdog's lifestream
« Reply #13 on: 00:20:56 - 08/16/12 »
use banishment huehuehuehueuhe
the former kyoudou