Author Topic: Kysin Keep Fight 4  (Read 10273 times)

Xxiner

• Adventurer
Kysin Keep Fight 4
« on: 21:07:44 - 02/14/11 »
It seems to me that EA debuff + nightmare blade no longer works. Besides putting in 2 normal debuff charms + 1 or 2 Nightmare Blades and praying for the mercy of RNG god, is there anyway to go through this fight less RNG-dependent? I've tried melee cpb + willpower cumul, but just can not survive to the end of the fight. I'd appreciate any hints.

Gtxinsane

• Wanderer
  • The fork of truth!
Re: Kysin Keep Fight 4
« Reply #1 on: 22:39:03 - 02/14/11 »
5 Nightmare Blades and 1-2 Debuffs?
Astroblade takes 899 magic damage(181 warded, 1 pierced)
Astroblade takes 1080 magic damageAstroblade takes 1080 magic damage

Alastair

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #2 on: 03:21:50 - 02/15/11 »
To maximize it with a short-deck:

#
* Since Nightmare Blade is such a rare drop, here are shortdecks for those of you without many
#
- 1 NB, 1 regular Debuff charm, 3 EA Debuff (e.g. Dusk Cape or Grim Presence)
#
- 2 NB, 7 EA Debuff
#
- 3 NB, 5 EA Debuff
"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful what we pretend to be." - Kurt Vonnegut.

I'm a bastard sometimes, don't think I don't see that- Sage Francis

Chaofan

• Wanderer
« Reply #3 on: 04:23:25 - 02/15/11 »
If you don't mind not triggering the special drop, i've always had good results using a battle dance gear.

Xxiner

• Adventurer
« Reply #4 on: 16:14:01 - 02/15/11 »
If you don't mind not triggering the special drop, i've always had good results using a battle dance gear.

That's what I've been thinking. Are you using a shortdeck? I have tried shortdeck battle dance, too. But if I do not any draw cpb charm at the first 2 rounds, then at the 3rd round I will get a huge spirit attack. That is disaster to a shortdeck.

Chaofan

• Wanderer
« Reply #5 on: 02:38:31 - 02/16/11 »
No, go for full deck. You'll get hit badly for spirit at the begging, but once you start buffing up you don't have to worry about that, unless you get really hit by a bad draw you'll finish before exhausting.

I see the gear i'm using now, i only use release karma, app balm, forest medicine and fury of the elements apart from battle dance and spears. I'm now high enough to be able to use pride of shaula and maul of the indefatigable, but even without those you should be able to do it. Avoid using blood pact.

Xxiner

• Adventurer
« Reply #6 on: 16:27:28 - 02/16/11 »
Thanks for the advice. It worked on the first try  ;D

Grigou

• Adventurer
« Reply #7 on: 13:46:44 - 10/31/12 »
I tried a Nightmare Blade based short-deck, as advised here (5 NB, 2-3 EA debuff), but whatever order my charms appear, I get crushed by the spirit attack "Lay to rest". I don't get how this fight works, any tip?