Author Topic: Fear of The Dark Help  (Read 24880 times)

Sparky

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
  • ◄◄Wishmaster►►
    • RealmOfDreams
Re: Fear of The Dark Help
« Reply #15 on: 00:50:46 - 01/04/11 »
I don't normally come discuss fights on the forums. But I, for the life of me, cannot figure out how to beat the succubus. Even what seems like the obvious (though extremely difficult with my charm selection) path of using summons and summon extenders seems woefully inadequate against her Harvest ability. I don't see any indicators of a hidden combo effect I can use to beat her either, I am at a complete loss. Can anyone throw out any help?
You got it right and you're doing it right, you're probably lacking the charms to carry it out well though. If I'm not mistaken about what you're trying to do (I'm a bit confused by your "using summons" <--- you're only supposed to use the summons she puts on you, not to add summons to it). Extend her summons so your cpb exceeds the debuff you get, use multi-hits/dual hits, win.

Also, against negative cpb effects, am I wrong in thinking cleanse is supposed to remove them, but keep your own positive cpb?
Yes you are. If you have +50 melee cpb and get debuffed, taking a -25 to melee cpb, even if you cleanse you'll still be at +25 melee cpb. If the debuff exceeds the buff you had (eg you're at +50 and take a -75), cleanse will simply reset your modifiers.
[15:57]   <Evangeline88>   nah, Slyguy is exceptional ... he can deal with everyone easily?

http://tinyurl.com/2b52xar

Mac OS X 10.9.3 / Firefox 30.0

Solonar

• Newcomer
« Reply #16 on: 01:00:16 - 01/04/11 »
Yeah, I am just lacking the proper charm selection then it looks like. Thanks for clarifying the situation for me Sparky, both for the fight and for the cpb effects. I appreciate your help.  :)
Solonar uses [Slash and Thrust]
Black Phoenix Lyngus takes 260 melee damage
Black Phoenix Lyngus takes 254 melee damage

Black Phoenix Lyngus is defeated.

Iguy

• Adventurer
« Reply #17 on: 18:11:14 - 01/19/11 »
Im still woefully failing the 3rd fight. Currently using loads of self cleanse, a bunch of spirit charms and spirit on self to speed up the discarded spirit oh and song of chaos and some armor and ward. Is there anything else i'm missing?

Sparky

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
  • ◄◄Wishmaster►►
    • RealmOfDreams
« Reply #18 on: 18:17:27 - 01/19/11 »
Im still woefully failing the 3rd fight. Currently using loads of self cleanse, a bunch of spirit charms and spirit on self to speed up the discarded spirit oh and song of chaos and some armor and ward. Is there anything else i'm missing?
You're probably just wrong in your proportions, your description says you're basically got it right. Except I wouldn't use too many cleanses (I think my gear only has 5 Helms of Repentance and 2 scrolls of serenity), I don't use self-spirit either but this can work. Spirit EAs are probably cool, emphasize mostly the armor also (Nerman's+Grand Hoplon+Titan Shield/Shield of the Whale) and don't forget Duty, it helps loads there.

My gear (which can definitely be improved but proved reliable enough) has GK, Earth Dragon Crown, Soul Harvest, Terrible Idea and Seduction (all x5) for the spirit, all the rest is for tanking (Wisdom of the Repentant is excellent). No need to go full deck either.
[15:57]   <Evangeline88>   nah, Slyguy is exceptional ... he can deal with everyone easily?

Kaervaak

• Adventurer
« Reply #19 on: 01:00:47 - 01/20/11 »
Also, Skull shield FTW (i like it much better than earth dragon crown)
You really don't need cleanse as long as you have enough armor. The abominations only put banes on you if your armor is zero. Helm of repentance is good, anything else is superfluous.

Kandiru

• Faithful
« Reply #20 on: 01:40:26 - 01/20/11 »
I just did fight 3 with loads of summons, they make sure you damage the middle monsters each turn so they eat the larger ones and you generate enough armour to not get too many dots while the ward keeps the dots from killing you.

I don't use any spirit charms at all!

Does the fight change after level 40?

Darkmoul

• Newcomer
« Reply #21 on: 02:02:35 - 01/20/11 »
@Kandiru : you're fighting the 'second version' of the dungeon, they're doing the 'third version'( lvl>46 (or 47?) ) in which playing spirit charms is necessary.
Btw, magic aoe + a bit of cleanse and armor work like a charm in the fight 3 of the second version.

Blacksol

• Faithful
« Reply #22 on: 03:06:57 - 01/20/11 »
@Kandiru : you're fighting the 'second version' of the dungeon, they're doing the 'third version'( lvl>46 (or 47?) ) in which playing spirit charms is necessary.
Btw, magic aoe + a bit of cleanse and armor work like a charm in the fight 3 of the second version.

level 48 is the third version

Ziotackus

• Adventurer
« Reply #23 on: 17:12:44 - 01/27/11 »
Hi all!

Suggestions for fight 2 at lvl 48?

I tried with melee cbp, but nothing to do... I tried with a fast gear but nothing to do... I tried cursing myself :laugh: but nothing... tried targetting Leprous Wyrm and killing its ward.. but nothing...

There are some secondary effects that I cannot see?

I'm a DeathKnight with an average-good charm variety

;)

Lokey

• Wanderer
« Reply #24 on: 17:55:31 - 01/27/11 »
Culm Ward and Armor/Ward Equalizing is your friend, thanks to the leprosy bane that give you free culm armor.  Play Bel'Tharal (if you know how to do Mirage Tower), Imbue Armor, and all the culm ward you can find...and you should be allright.

Ziotackus

• Adventurer
« Reply #25 on: 09:02:36 - 01/28/11 »
Oh... armor/ward equalization :'(

The only equalizers I have are Bracers of the Deep Sea... Need to farm Bel'Tharal... but first I need to understand how neutralize Lez curse [cannot beat them with brute force]

Thanx for suggestion Lokey

Sparky

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
  • ◄◄Wishmaster►►
    • RealmOfDreams
« Reply #26 on: 10:33:13 - 01/28/11 »
Need to farm Bel'Tharal... but first I need to understand how neutralize Lez curse [cannot beat them with brute force]
Bel'Hathal is a quest, it's nearly* impossible to beat Lez without having done the quest and got the very specific charm you need to beat the fight.

*:Yes I said "nearly", I do know it's doable but it requires you to be well farmed and to have quite some RNG love.... I wouldn't try to farm 5 Bel'Hathals this way.

Ziotackus

• Adventurer
« Reply #27 on: 11:27:46 - 01/28/11 »
Bel'Hathal is a quest, it's nearly* impossible to beat Lez without having done the quest and got the very specific charm you need to beat the fight.

Yes yes... I'm trying to do THAT quest ;)

Marada

• Newcomer
« Reply #28 on: 12:12:02 - 02/08/11 »
Hi,

I can't find the way to deal with the second fight... I tried armor / ward equalizing but maybe haven't found the correct balance between atk and def.
Could someone give me a pointer or pm me with help  ?

Thank you

Lokey

• Wanderer
« Reply #29 on: 07:58:28 - 02/11/11 »
Hi,

I can't find the way to deal with the second fight... I tried armor / ward equalizing but maybe haven't found the correct balance between atk and def.
Could someone give me a pointer or pm me with help  ?

Thank you

Barring the armor/ward equalizing (assuming you're already using Bel'Tharal), I'd say...try charms that work based on how many banes you have on yourself.  Dark Blood, Bloodbane, and Thief's Serum can be golden...but the latter two are actually hard to put in your deck unless you're: Con Based/Took time to rank First Aid.   I myself, after tossing in Beltharal's, Shard of the Godblade, and such...didn't actually need the two said charms.

Oh, of course...Melee Drain:  Life Siphon for DKs,  or Blightwood Blade also works.  ((Corrupted Fireblade...not so much as the second hit doesn't get the + next ongoing.))