Author Topic: Fear of The Dark Help  (Read 24820 times)

Redrain111

• Newcomer
Fear of The Dark Help
« on: 01:15:36 - 12/24/10 »
Hey anyone mind lending me a hand here? I've been trying to clear said dungeon but can't seem to find a right gear set up. I'm a lvl 49 jack of all trades Deathknight so I can use a wide range of charms.  A few strategies I've used where set around having the hand's curse kill it then deal with the ghost, and shadow afterward. I can post a few fights if anyone wants to see how I did if anyone asks.

Lokey

• Wanderer
Re: Fear of The Dark Help
« Reply #1 on: 01:17:13 - 12/24/10 »
That curse if for lower levels, at higher levels your goal is to stack as many negative ongoing debuffs on YOURSELF as possible, since the shadow steals them. Once the shadow steals enough, he'll auto kill his teammates. So...use titan shields,blighted woodlings, drug inhibitors...etc :P

Redrain111

• Newcomer
« Reply #2 on: 01:45:32 - 12/24/10 »
Yeah also tried that but they usually kill me before the shadow can get enough , since I don't have many charms to add more neg buffs onto myself.  I would ask my guild for help on getting charms for it but none of my guild mates are on very often.

Lokey

• Wanderer
« Reply #3 on: 02:32:10 - 12/24/10 »
Play auras for defense, and don't forget to self stun yourself to keep the ghost debuffed (as it's the second thing most likely to kill you.).  Sleep potions really shine here for example.   Also, if possible, play mana poisonings to make sure the ghost dies before the hand. As the hand will mostly help you keep yourself debuffed rather than do any harm. 

Redrain111

• Newcomer
« Reply #4 on: 03:01:20 - 12/24/10 »
Hmm I might go try that out. Thanks for the help, but I may post again if it doesn't work out so well.

Chaofan

• Wanderer
« Reply #5 on: 04:18:50 - 12/24/10 »
As filler to your deck, you can also add any general debuff charms. Some of its effect might fall on the shadow, and even if you can't actully fully debuff the hand and the phantasm, it will help keep their damage to a reasonable level. Blighted woodlings, in particular are great in this fight for this reason.

Redrain111

• Newcomer
« Reply #6 on: 04:26:49 - 12/24/10 »
I have a gear that can pass the first fight after a few tries. I'm working the second fight right now, and might need some help on it as well. So it might be helpful to hear some tactics on passing this one to help me create a good gear.   

Lokey

• Wanderer
« Reply #7 on: 05:19:42 - 12/24/10 »
Fight 2? Stack CPB, culm willpower, blood pacts, and pray. That fight is silly unless you're a berserker. ((Or rank up first aid and use, *grumbles* Thief Serum.))

Redrain111

• Newcomer
« Reply #8 on: 05:35:01 - 12/24/10 »
Hmm that setup won't work with my char since I lack  blood pact so I miss out on that  boost. Any group I got into never cleared Will of the Living   so I stopped trying to clear it. I'll try building a gear around will power though, and thanks for the help so far.

Gabbin

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #9 on: 05:41:40 - 12/24/10 »
My initial testing didn't include melee cpb or Thief Serum so don't worry, you can get a gear with an excellent win rate for F2T2 without either.  They just make the rest of your gear composition less important.
Everythings easier in pseudocode!

Lokey

• Wanderer
« Reply #10 on: 06:47:05 - 12/24/10 »
My initial testing didn't include melee cpb or Thief Serum so don't worry, you can get a gear with an excellent win rate for F2T2 without either.  They just make the rest of your gear composition less important.

Do share. That fight is infuriating.

Chaofan

• Wanderer
« Reply #11 on: 19:35:15 - 12/24/10 »
I know it won't be of much use for other classes, but my regular summoner pvp gear wipes the floor with that fight.

Emilymoby

• Newcomer
« Reply #12 on: 15:10:41 - 12/25/10 »
How do I get the hand's curse to kill him? I set up a deck with nothing but +x to melee and magic, but it didn't work. Somehow I think I'm not understanding how it works.

Gabbin

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #13 on: 15:43:21 - 12/25/10 »
Are you using +to next or +ongoing?  The hand is using +ongoing, so make sure you match it up!
Everythings easier in pseudocode!

Solonar

• Newcomer
« Reply #14 on: 00:46:02 - 01/04/11 »
I don't normally come discuss fights on the forums. But I, for the life of me, cannot figure out how to beat the succubus. Even what seems like the obvious (though extremely difficult with my charm selection) path of using summons and summon extenders seems woefully inadequate against her Harvest ability. I don't see any indicators of a hidden combo effect I can use to beat her either, I am at a complete loss. Can anyone throw out any help?

Also, against negative cpb effects, am I wrong in thinking cleanse is supposed to remove them, but keep your own positive cpb?
Solonar uses [Slash and Thrust]
Black Phoenix Lyngus takes 260 melee damage
Black Phoenix Lyngus takes 254 melee damage

Black Phoenix Lyngus is defeated.