Author Topic: Elixirs and Character Growth  (Read 1800 times)

Jozabar

• Adventurer
Elixirs and Character Growth
« on: 00:17:43 - 12/11/10 »
I am new to Level 40 and I have just started using Elixirs.

I have low character growth (around 300 of 900) and I thought using Elixirs would not use up character growth.

But when I ate an Elixir of Power, my character growth still went up one. This is the second day in arow.

Does that mean that Elixirs only don't use character growth only when you're already maxed out on character development? Or am I missing something?

As is, they're just like really overpriced Perfumed Lion Steaks if they're still costing me character development points...

Sparky

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
  • ◄◄Wishmaster►►
    • RealmOfDreams
Re: Elixirs and Character Growth
« Reply #1 on: 00:22:13 - 12/11/10 »
I am new to Level 40 and I have just started using Elixirs.

I have low character growth (around 300 of 900) and I thought using Elixirs would not use up character growth.

But when I ate an Elixir of Power, my character growth still went up one. This is the second day in arow.

Does that mean that Elixirs only don't use character growth only when you're already maxed out on character development? Or am I missing something?

As is, they're just like really overpriced Perfumed Lion Steaks if they're still costing me character development points...
Your growth shouldn't go up (thus it should remain around the 300/900 it was), although your progress bar to next level WILL definitely go up since it just checks how much the sum of your stats (POW INT DEX CON) amounts to. So you can level up through elixirs, but your growth should definitely not increase.
[15:57]   <Evangeline88>   nah, Slyguy is exceptional ... he can deal with everyone easily?

http://tinyurl.com/2b52xar

Mac OS X 10.9.3 / Firefox 30.0

Bazabaza

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #2 on: 00:24:01 - 12/11/10 »
elixirs do not count towards your "total" character growth - the line where it says "Character growth (xxx/900)"
they still count towards the points needed for your next level - the bar where it says "Progress to next level (xx/65)"

so when you use an elixir, your progress to next level will increase by 1 point, but your character growth will not.

if it does, then you should report it as a bug.

ps: damn you sparky and your ninja abilities :shakesfist:

Jozabar

• Adventurer
« Reply #3 on: 08:38:05 - 12/11/10 »
OK - I'll check it one more time.

I thought both increased, but I can't be sure...

If it increases again, hopefully I can get my 3 character growth back! :-p

Hopefully I'm just seeing things...