Author Topic: Couple uber newb q's  (Read 3327 times)

Thirdleg

• Adventurer
Couple uber newb q's
« on: 23:46:16 - 09/22/10 »
So just happened upon this game and it seems pretty interesting.
I'm lvl 4 now and doing fine just got a couple questions...

- I mastered rank 1 in sword and "sewer cleaner" can I ever master rank 2? If so how do I start? It just says mastered now...

- my inv is almost full, can I make it bigger? Should I sell most of the stuff I find like shiny stones, bloodsucking fleas, broken pirate leg? Or is it useful?

I had other questions but I forgot... So I will post them after if and when I remember.
Also any big things I should know or be doing right away or soon to progress and not waste time?

Sparky

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
  • ◄◄Wishmaster►►
    • RealmOfDreams
Re: Couple uber newb q's
« Reply #1 on: 00:18:07 - 09/23/10 »
So just happened upon this game and it seems pretty interesting.
I'm lvl 4 now and doing fine just got a couple questions...

- I mastered rank 1 in sword and "sewer cleaner" can I ever master rank 2? If so how do I start? It just says mastered now...
Sewer Cleaner is a renown skill, a title somehow, there's no other rank. As for sword and most battle skills, Rank 2 will be available when you reach level 10.

- my inv is almost full, can I make it bigger? Should I sell most of the stuff I find like shiny stones, bloodsucking fleas, broken pirate leg? Or is it useful?
You can make it bigger but that's not what you're supposed to do. You should sell most of the items, "grey" items are about useless, "green" and "blue" items can be used for some craftings. You should check the wiki to see those you want to keep and those you can sell. Also, remember you don't have to always reclaim all your inventory, items won't disappear till they've been there for 7 days.

I had other questions but I forgot... So I will post them after if and when I remember.
Also any big things I should know or be doing right away or soon to progress and not waste time?
You should try farming all battle skills you can, the Arena is good for that. Also there are other low level dungeons in Aleas and Eversweep, you should start doing them to get their charms too.
[15:57]   <Evangeline88>   nah, Slyguy is exceptional ... he can deal with everyone easily?

http://tinyurl.com/2b52xar

Mac OS X 10.9.3 / Firefox 30.0

Toben

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #2 on: 00:20:57 - 09/23/10 »

Sewer cleaner only has one rank, you're done with it for good.

Sword, however, has 5 ranks - you can start working on the next rank when you turn level 10 (then 20, 30, and 40). All the rune skills are like that. There are some other skills which can have 2, 3, or 4 ranks which unlock at various different levels, if you're curious about the next time one will open up, check the wiki.

You can donate to the game to get Phoenix Feathers which let you buy more inventory space (but there's never enough space somehow for everything you want to carry...). Or you can keep things in "storage", rather than clicking "reclaim" or "reclaim all", things will stay in your storage for 7 days, and if you get another one it will refresh the time - so if you get a bloodsucking flea, it'll sit there for days and if you get another one 6 days later, both fleas will last another week.

As for whether or not stuff is useful, in general, gray items don't serve any purpose (though you can adopt a flea to be your pet, if you want, or you can go for the achievement for having 60 fleas....), green items are used to craft something, and blue items are used to craft something and can only be gotten from dungeons. Of course, just because you can use it to craft something, doesn't mean you will; looking up the item name on the wiki can tell you if it's anything you actually care about.

Mostly, don't worry too much and do whatever seems fun; it's pretty hard to screw up the first few levels. In general, doing dungeons is the best way to spend AP, until you've already gotten everything from a dungeon.

If you want to be especially efficient, some of the tricky battle skills, like Cheat Death or Survival, are much easier to do at low levels against easy, predictable arena mobs like the Old Goblin; and you can only get skills from fighting arena mobs that are +/-3 levels from you. But it's definitely not like it's impossible to get those skills later.

Thirdleg

• Adventurer
« Reply #3 on: 04:48:09 - 09/23/10 »
Thx guys, much appreciated

Thirdleg

• Adventurer
« Reply #4 on: 22:27:57 - 09/29/10 »
Hey guys how does focus work?

Kaervaak

• Adventurer
« Reply #5 on: 22:38:36 - 09/29/10 »
When you play a charm with focus X, whoever you target will then be the target of the next X actions.
So say you're fighting those imps in high summoner's study and you play bright fire which has focus 6 on it. You do 6 damage to imp #1 (or whatever imp you randomly target) but then after that, the next 6 attacks from your team will hit imp #1 instead of being randomly distributed among the enemies. This lets you knock out enemies fast and decreases the damage output of the opponent's team much faster than if you targeted randomly.

Thirdleg

• Adventurer
« Reply #6 on: 20:48:28 - 09/30/10 »
Thx again!

Thirdleg

• Adventurer
« Reply #7 on: 18:56:20 - 10/02/10 »
What about willpower? One says 4 and another is like 2 cumlative what does this do?

Sparky

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
  • ◄◄Wishmaster►►
    • RealmOfDreams
« Reply #8 on: 19:01:27 - 10/02/10 »
What about willpower? One says 4 and another is like 2 cumlative what does this do?
Willpower is the counter to spirit, like Armor counters melee and Ward counters magic. Spirit attacks come at around lvl 15 (first usable spirit charms for player), a 1 spirit attack will discard one of your charms from your deck, the goal being to make you lose by exhaustion. With willpower you can protect yourself against spirit.

The (cumul.) on some charms, standing for cumulative, means that it's... well... cumulative. For instance, you have 2 willpower already and you play a 4 willpower charm (non cumulative) you'll be at 4 willpower, if you play one again you won't get above 4 Willpower... although if then you play a 2 willpower (cumul.) charm, you'll have 6 willpower in the end.
[15:57]   <Evangeline88>   nah, Slyguy is exceptional ... he can deal with everyone easily?

http://tinyurl.com/2b52xar

Mac OS X 10.9.3 / Firefox 30.0

Thirdleg

• Adventurer
« Reply #9 on: 20:10:37 - 10/02/10 »
Ah makes sense, thx for the quick reply!